Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

RSoxNo1

Technically, doesn’t this actually achieve what you wanted? 1LL you actually want and ability to get the additional T1 selection from the get go once you use it.

As for the ‘why bother’ with the x2 T2? I think Disney wanted to get back into a situation that they didn’t have to refund this product constantly. If you only get the three things you selected, you knew exactly what you were buying. I think many FP+ guests never even made a fourth selection from my recollection.
It achieves it more so than I expected it to, but it's still not ideal. It would be far simpler to simply have one advanced booking and no tiers. The tiers are part of the deception of value that began with Fastpass+ and has existed since. Half of the attractions in tier 2 would be better off without Lightning Lane.

BrianLo

It achieves it more so than I expected it to, but it's still not ideal. It would be far simpler to simply have one advanced booking and no tiers. The tiers are part of the deception of value that began with Fastpass+ and has existed since. Half of the attractions in tier 2 would be better off without Lightning Lane.

Simpler for sure. But I really think they wanted to eliminate refunds and guest relations complaints.

I’m surprised like the rest of us 3 picks is back, but that has to be the reason to my eyes. It’s a ‘complete’ product from the original purchase.

nickys

Premium Member
That's like saying quick service ice water isn't free but that it's included in the ticket. Most people are going to see something that isn't line itemized as free.

Right but one won't be able to decide to just not go into a park when it's paid in advance. There are days I've planned to be in a park but we decide to make it a resort day because the previous day ended up longer than anticipated. Disney's not going to refund if we decide to not go. I could wait until the same day to purchase like we do now but then each day be left at mercy of availability.
See, I don’t have resort days as such. Unless we’re planning to go to KSC or somewhere offsite, we would always head to a park at some point. Might have a leisurely morning and take a boat down to DS first and then to a park, or start in a park and then go somewhere else. We never do the whole day at a park from rope drop to close.

KDM31091

As a local this will not really impact me as I never pay for Genie+ anyway; I figure it's not really worth the money as I can go back anytime and just catch things when lines are shorter. But, having said that, this kind of will make things worse for locals as the "good" Lightning Lanes will be gone ahead of time, taken by vacationers.

I'm not surprised though; it's no mystery that Disney's favorite guest is the out of town family who comes for a week and drops tons of money, not local APs like me who go and ride one or two rides and then leave, and maybe occasionally buy a snack or especially compelling souvenir.

I guess locals will have to be content with the occasional bones thrown at us like ice cream bars (DVC) and magnets, both of which benefit locals more than out of state due to the often short notice.

nickys

Premium Member
Do we know how rebooking works?
Book #1, #2, #3.
Use #1 Book #4
Use #2 Book #5
Use #3 Book #6
Use #4 Book #7?

Or

Book #1, #2, #3,
Use #1 Book #4
Use #4 Book #5?
The latter. Just like FP+

The only thing I’ve seen that is definitely different in terms of the details is no re-rides.

Edit: Actually it’s the first example according to Scott Gustin.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom