Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It achieves it more so than I expected it to, but it's still not ideal. It would be far simpler to simply have one advanced booking and no tiers. The tiers are part of the deception of value that began with Fastpass+ and has existed since. Half of the attractions in tier 2 would be better off without Lightning Lane.
Taking away the lightning lane queues would be admitting they screwed up 11 years ago.

Which is pretty much ironclad per the defunctland deconstruction of it.

There’s a 4’11” problem in the way off that

JD80

I wonder if it could work like this:

At 7 days: Pre Book a T1 attractions and a T2 attraction. Leave your third free.
At park open: Book a T1 attraction if available.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As a local this will not really impact me as I never pay for Genie+ anyway; I figure it's not really worth the money as I can go back anytime and just catch things when lines are shorter. But, having said that, this kind of will make things worse for locals as the "good" Lightning Lanes will be gone ahead of time, taken by vacationers.

I'm not surprised though; it's no mystery that Disney's favorite guest is the out of town family who comes for a week and drops tons of money, not local APs like me who go and ride one or two rides and then leave, and maybe occasionally buy a snack or especially compelling souvenir.

I guess locals will have to be content with the occasional bones thrown at us like ice cream bars (DVC) and magnets, both of which benefit locals more than out of state due to the often short notice.
…they’re problem is they aren’t pulling them in.
My hunch is dvc/ap/locals is a higher percentage of the daily gate than it has been in…well maybe forever?

Sunday was the busiest day for the TSA…ever

I bet If people posted park pictures right now…it would look more like September 1993?

I know without knowing…but I bet if we pulled up Appsy it would show it

nickys

Premium Member
I wonder if it could work like this:

At 7 days: Pre Book a T1 attractions and a T2 attraction. Leave your third free.
At park open: Book a T1 attraction if available.
My guess, based on FP+ is that your 3rd would have to meet the tier rule within the same park but you could book a Tier 1 as your 3rd in a different park once you tap in.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Scott Gustin says otherwise on twitter.
IMG_5921.jpeg

mickEblu

So this is way better for vacationers/ tourists staying onsite obviously and worse for locals. Am I missing anything?

The Genie + system was one reason I postponed my WDW trip. Had no interest in waking up at 7am to deal with booking LLs everyday. It’s nice to know you have three top-ish priority attractions booked that you can plan around. As a vacationer purchasing some single use Lightning Lanes for the best rides to make your day easier is a no brainer when you consider how deep $$$ you already are. Gets even better as a Disneyland AP that can skip attractions or entire lands like GE.

Also as someone who just a wrote up a quick tour guide/ list of tips for his cousins day at Disneyland last week I support the name change. Having the program be called Genie + but using a separate name for the physical Line you wait in (Lightning Lane) was never a good idea. Confusing for Noobies especially when you throw in the ILL’s as another term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom