Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Splash4eva

Are you going by Thrill Data information? I can't speak to the details of how they collect data, but I think they keep pinging constantly, so they are posting ideal results.

Just yesterday, Tiana's was out of G+ at 8am, but later in the day there was spotty availability. Thrill data shows those additional drops, and in that specific case- maybe many park goers did get lucky.

But I could also see how someone who searched at all the wrong times might not see any availability after 8am, if they looked and refreshed during all the wrong time intervals. And well, there's good reason for the average parkgoer to think Tiana passes were all gone by 8am for a new ride experience. I'm not in WDW right now, I'm just trying to explain how there could be a difference.

At least that has been my experience.

Mind, I've personally always been able to get more G+. Though I did have one bad day once at HS during a holiday week back when passes could not be modified. The modify feature is key to making any of these workable, IMO.
HS may be the easiest to obtain every attraction with a little research when the drops are….

yensid1967

That's the problem, Disney used to lead, now they are the followers...
I think the problem is Disney makes you pay for more as an a la carte menu...Genie+ one price, then LL another...
I think if they just said here is the LL Xpress pass for $XXX.XX and bring back the FP machines to get your time to come back would be a solution. Anything would be better than what it is! (even if it is $100+, but anything more than $125 is too much!) I think if you paid one price for it, got a FP type ticket for a return time and NOT BEING ON YOUR PHONES AT ALL. I think guests would go for it! I would if I were going to the parks!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Knowing the drops is an important detail to getting ideal results.
I wonder if there will be similar or the same drop times under the new system. Seems likely they will hold back some inventory even with advance reservations so there should be some drops during the day still when looking to book #4, #5 and so on.

nickys

Premium Member
I wonder if there will be similar or the same drop times under the new system. Seems likely they will hold back some inventory even with advance reservations so there should be some drops during the day still when looking to book #4, #5 and so on.
Drop times change, as do the rides that have regular times. But I’m sure there will still be drops throughout the day.

wedenterprises

So at 7am you can buy an ILL for 7DMT, book a Genie+ for something else, and join the Tiana VQ?

I assume you can't do them at the same time, so it seems like get the VQ for Tiana first, then book ILL, then Genie+...?
Can you do ILL and Genie+ at the same time?

nickys

Premium Member
So at 7am you can buy an ILL for 7DMT, book a Genie+ for something else, and join the Tiana VQ?

I assume you can't do them at the same time, so it seems like get the VQ for Tiana first, then book ILL, then Genie+...?
Can you do ILL and Genie+ at the same time?
Do you mean can they be for the same time? Yes. But you currently have to book using a different option on the app, if that’s what you mean.

With the new system, yes you can select the “ILL”s and “LL”s for one day at the same time and then pay.

ConfettiCupcake

I dont like it, but i would have as big of a problem with it all if there was simply one pot of rides and it wasn’t put into different categories like single/ ILL and multi/genie

They don’t get nearly enough grief online for selling ILL outside of G+. Us boiling frogs generally accept it at this point. And it’s even worse with multi and the tiers.

Purduevian

Are you going by Thrill Data information? I can't speak to the details of how they collect data, but I think they keep pinging constantly, so they are posting ideal results.

Just yesterday, Tiana's was out of G+ at 8am, but later in the day there was spotty availability. Thrill data shows those additional drops, and in that specific case- maybe many park goers did get lucky.

But I could also see how someone who searched at all the wrong times might not see any availability after 8am, if they looked and refreshed during all the wrong time intervals. And well, there's good reason for the average parkgoer to think Tiana passes were all gone by 8am for a new ride experience. I'm not in WDW right now, I'm just trying to explain how there could be a difference.

At least that has been my experience.

Mind, I've personally always been able to get more G+. Though I did have one bad day once at HS during a holiday week back when passes could not be modified. The modify feature is key to making any of these workable, IMO.
I basically assumed as soon as it was flickering in and out of availability it wad sold out. I also didn't take any times there "jumped" back to an earlier time.

Mark Dunne

No LL for uk guests 3/7 days out from 24.07.24, even if your staying in the world, Disney you need to change this, cos its , and unfair, just change us in pounds, you'll make even more money then 🤭

Mark Dunne

And the VPN excuse, don't get me started, just change the uk to pound charging, thats what this is really about, they don't want international guest making it cheaper for them with the dollar rate , but I'm willing to buy in advance , Disney have not thought this through, or if they have, its the most stupid idea since GP arrived. i see they had to change for Canadians a week after they released this news on LL , Crazy !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom