Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
1665572452403.png

Up $5?

CaptainAmerica

The first two replaced other things though. Pandora was however a capacity addition as was Ratatouille (and Tron). But what’s up with the (probable) planned changes for DAK? Why only replace existing Dinoland stuff instead of actually expanding?

And DHS still needs a crapload more capacity.
I'm not saying they're finished, I'm just pushing back on the idea that they've done nothing.

TQQQ

With the new price hikes, now for my family of 5 to get LL and Genie+,it will cost an additional $200+ per day on top of the park tickets? So i'm looking at approx $1,000 per day for my family to visit each park? That doesn't include hotel, flights, food, merch, etc.?

Who the heck is paying these prices? This is INSANE!

for us to take a 7 day vacation and stay on property, do 5 park days and eat costs close to $20,000 per trip. Thats alot of jingle

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

With the new price hikes, now for my family of 5 to get LL and Genie+,it will cost an additional $200+ per day on top of the park tickets? So i'm looking at approx $1,000 per day for my family to visit each park? That doesn't include hotel, flights, food, merch, etc.?

for us to take a 7 day vacation and stay on property, do 5 park days and eat costs well over $15,000 per trip. Thats alot of jingle
Insane, yes but you're also describing the point of the price increases which is to make money (of course) but also to reduce demand.

TQQQ

Insane, yes but you're also describing the point of the price increases which is to make money (of course) but also to reduce demand.
I would love to know who is paying these prices........

How much money do you have to make to afford going on a week's vacation to WDW? For an average family of 5 to stay in a moderate, fly, go to parks, get modest merch and eat is about $20,000

dmw

In the Parks
No
I would love to know who is paying these prices........

How much money do you have to make to afford going on a week's vacation to WDW? For an average family of 5 to stay in a moderate, fly, go to parks, get modest merch and eat is about $20,000
who needs money when you have plastic? ;)

el_super

This is honestly just greed from TWDC leadership…. they could have just done a flat price increase to e.g. $20/day but they are too worried about leaving money on the table.

They are trying too hard to compromise between the people who want the better experience and the people who want to pay the absolute bare minimum to get in. If they raised the admission prices high enough, they wouldn't need Genie+ at all.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Even with the price hike today, all ILL are sold out and many Genie+ attractions have no return times remaining.
People really have no choice do they? For those that are committing to use Genie+ they have to just go with the daily price and be done with it. The "what is another $5 on a $10,000 trip" mindset comes into effect.

TQQQ

People really have no choice do they? For those that are committing to use Genie+ they have to just go with the daily price and be done with it. The "what is another $5 on a $10,000 trip" mindset comes into effect.
I agree with that, except the "whats another $5 part"

Now it's over $1,000 for a family of 5 for 5 park days if you go any time other than September

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No

for us to take a 7 day vacation and stay on property, do 5 park days and eat costs close to $20,000 per trip. Thats alot of jingle
19k was okay but 20k now puts it insane… and also its not costing an additional 200 a day prices have been increased by about $5 for each so thats $50 a day from what you already knew. Not defending Disney but in theory this increase is like a 2% change for your example all in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom