Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

TQQQ

19k was okay but 20k now puts it insane… and also its not costing an additional 200 a day prices have been increased by about $5 for each so thats $50 a day from what you already knew. Not defending Disney but in theory this increase is like a 2% change for your example all in.
Not compared to FP+...........If you go during peak times and buy Genie+ for $22 pp and $20 LL, thats $42 pp x 5 = $210 per park day x 5 park days = $1,050

Plus add in surge ticket pricing and it costs approx $5,000 for 5 people to go to park for 5 days to buy park tix, Genie+ and ILL

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Not compared to FP+...........If you go during peak times and buy Genie+ for $22 pp and $20 LL, thats $42 pp x 5 = $210 per park day x 5 park days = $1,050
FP has been long gone so anyone who has booked now knows what it cost prior to yesterday… lets compare prices from 1995 next why dont we…

TQQQ

FP has been long gone so anyone who has booked now knows what it cost prior to yesterday… lets compare prices from 1995 next why dont we…
FP hasnt been long gone........WDW is 50 years old....It's been this way for 1 year, the other 49 years have been free.....your comments are disingenuous

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
With the new price hikes, now for my family of 5 to get LL and Genie+,it will cost an additional $200+ per day on top of the park tickets? So i'm looking at approx $1,000 per day for my family to visit each park? That doesn't include hotel, flights, food, merch, etc.?

Who the heck is paying these prices? This is INSANE!

for us to take a 7 day vacation and stay on property, do 5 park days and eat costs close to $20,000 per trip. Thats alot of jingle
With the new price hikes, now for my family of 5 to get LL and Genie+,it will cost an additional $200+ per day on top of the park tickets? So i'm looking at approx $1,000 per day for my family to visit each park? That doesn't include hotel, flights, food, merch, etc.?

Who the heck is paying these prices? This is INSANE!

for us to take a 7 day vacation and stay on property, do 5 park days and eat costs close to $20,000 per trip. Thats alot of jingle
Also 20k 7 days 5 people thats about $570 pp per day all in. Not terrible imo when comparing other places

mightynine

People really have no choice do they? For those that are committing to use Genie+ they have to just go with the daily price and be done with it. The "what is another $5 on a $10,000 trip" mindset comes into effect.
And if you have issues with that, well, here's a gift card that cost us nothing and we keep the bucks.

Have a magical day, friends!

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
FP hasnt been long gone........WDW is 50 years old....It's been this way for 1 year, the other 49 years have been free.....your comments are disingenuous
I was unaware FP existed for 49years. And yes 1 year and covid prior is long gone in my eyes…

Last edited by a moderator:

arich35

Even with the price hike today, all ILL are sold out and many Genie+ attractions have no return times remaining.
At Magic Kingdom, every attraction except meet Mickey & Minnie is still available. Jungle Cruise 8 PM, Peter Pan 7 PM
Epcot is the same as normal, the big three are gone.
HS, Slinky Dog is the only one sold out right now
AK everything is available

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
There is not a single true fact in your statement.......
FP has been gone for over a year and Genie has been paid replacement version for about a year now. So yes thats a long time. Im sure you were aware when you booked. Genie & ILL increased by say $5 each so $10 total if you CHOOSE to buy it which means its an extra $50 a day from what you knew ahead of time so 5 days is $250. But even using your numbers of 19k vs 20k like my original statement 19k was okay but 20k makes it insane and ill say it again at $570 pp per day for Disney not awful. You have a big family what do expect to pay to go away for a week?!? Honestly. Come on now.

el_super

Well yes and no.......I think the correct way to say that would be "you dont have to buy Genie+ unless you want to only get on a handful of rides and wait several hours in lines"

Is that a fair tradeoff? Is the value of the experience solely based on the number of rides you can do in X number of hours?

How does that compare to just buying party tickets and going after hours when there are almost no lines for anything?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
The vast majority of people have not been back since before Covid
Who has packed the parks than if the vast majority hasnt gone back… you must be part of the segment i mentioned about yesterday that will ensure Disney crowds for the upcoming years i guess

Last edited by a moderator:

TQQQ

FP has been gone for over a year and Genie has been paid replacement version for about a year now. So yes thats a long time. Im sure you were aware when you booked. Genie & ILL increased by say $5 each so $10 total if you CHOOSE to buy it which means its an extra $50 a day from what you knew ahead of time so 5 days is $250. But even using your numbers of 19k vs 20k like my original statement 19k was okay but 20k makes it insane and ill say it again at $570 pp per day for Disney not awful. You have a big family what do expect to pay to go away for a week?!? Honestly. Come on now
We can agree to disagree
'
- 1 year out of 50 is not a long time
- what used to be free is now over $1,000
- add in the fact you have to pay for transportation, magic bands, more per ticket b of tiered pricing and the last time i went was SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper
- and on top of all that, i got a lot more for my money (regular housekeeping, more hours in the parks, etc.)

TQQQ

Is that a fair tradeoff? Is the value of the experience solely based on the number of rides you can do in X number of hours?

How does that compare to just buying party tickets and going after hours when there are almost no lines for anything?
party tickets are only on very limited dates. i am flying from NYC i cant go in Oct-Dec b my kids are in school..........theres no parties when i can go

TQQQ

and no, it is not a fair tradeoff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom