Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
We can agree to disagree
'
- 1 year out of 50 is not a long time
- what used to be free is now over $1,000
- add in the fact you have to pay for transportation, magic bands, more per ticket b of tiered pricing and the last time i went was SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper
- and on top of all that, i got a lot more for my money (regular housekeeping, more hours in the parks, etc.)
Well i agree there for the price you are paying vs what you use to gethas diminished but again in another thread maybe this ive lost track in comparison to other places Disney per day was basically the cheapest. Yes i stay value
Again. I basically agree with all your complaints and gripes but my point is this last price hike announced yesterday for you is nothing more than a pimple on your butt for what your overrall trip is costing. Everything you mentioned you KNEW about when booking NOTHING is ashock. Yet you still CHOSE to go and pay as you say an INSANE amount of money. So ill ask you this why? Maybe you should think about who the crazy one is… some timeas im convinced people just want to complain and moan for the sake of being heard. And if your answer is bc thats where your family/kids want to go than you shouldnt care bc i assure you they should still have a grand time!!! I know we did and made the best of it.

TQQQ

Well i agree there for the price you are paying vs what you use to gethas diminished but again in another thread maybe this ive lost track in comparison to other places Disney per day was basically the cheapest. Yes i stay value
Again. I basically agree with all your complaints and gripes but my point is this last price hike announced yesterday for you is nothing more than a pimple on your butt for what your overrall trip is costing. Everything you mentioned you KNEW about when booking NOTHING is ashock. Yet you still CHOSE to go and pay as you say an INSANE amount of money. So ill ask you this why? Maybe you should think about who the crazy one is… some timeas im convinced people just want to complain and moan for the sake of being heard. And if your answer is bc thats where your family/kids want to go than you shouldnt care bc i assure you they should still have a grand time!!! I know we did and made the best of it.
i really don't have interest in going back which is the sad part and my kids feel same way unfortunately......If you havent been since pandemic, the experience is A HUGE difference, both in price and what you get

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
i really don't have interest in going back which is the sad part and my kids feel same way unfortunately......If you havent been since pandemic, the experience is A HUGE difference, both in price and what you get
Ive been twice as ive stated. In November and this past August/September. Had a blast both times. Isit a difference 100%. Was i surprised by any of it nope. Actually had an even better time this past August even w the heat.

TQQQ

Ive been twice as ive stated. In November and this past August/September. Had a blast both times. Isit a difference 100%. Was i surprised by any of it nope. Actually had an even better time this past August even w the heat.
was it crowded? everything i have read and follow is that the lines are insane

Jrb1979

People really have no choice do they? For those that are committing to use Genie+ they have to just go with the daily price and be done with it. The "what is another $5 on a $10,000 trip" mindset comes into effect.
That is the issue with Genie+ and Disney in general. There is a reason why every other park limits their skip the line system. It's not made for everyone to have it.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
was it crowded? everything i have read and follow is that the lines are insane
November was “crowded” but parks still were limiting capacity wasnt as bad as previous years during that time. Genie was awful. August/Sept was basically empty for Disney standards and Genie was amazing 🤷‍♂️ Full disclosure i have DAS but majotity if rides i booked via Genie. Basically rode everything w Genie for 10 full days (didnt pay for ILL used my DAS for those and re rides..)
Wasable to boom rides literally within 10-15 minutes if the current time andines were not long at all for majority except when rides went down. Rain was a factor at times but again expected

Last edited:

yensid1967

I hope Universal is ready for the influx of guests! Disney is alienating their guests to other parks. It much more cost effective to book a stay in the Cabana Bay Resort and plan a UNIVERSAL parks vacation than it is to plan a Disney vacation! You get more bang for your buck and you are treated the way you use to get treated at Disney, at Universal where they value their guests!

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Everyone preaches Universal this Universal that... yet majority still stick with disney & honestly how much cheaper are they bc i priced out a trip this summer and it was far from cheap ... also everyone here complains about park hours etc have you looked at parks hours for USF & IOA lately

TQQQ

I hope Universal is ready for the influx of guests! Disney is alienating their guests to other parks. It much more cost effective to book a stay in the Cabana Bay Resort and plan a UNIVERSAL parks vacation than it is to plan a Disney vacation! You get more bang for your buck and you are treated the way you use to get treated at Disney, at Universal where they value their guests!
I agree to some degree......

We used to go to Disney and visit Universal........I think people now will go to Universal and visit Disney (esp after the new park opens)

The hotels are nicer, more amenities, better pools, better perks (esp Express Pass).......

If we ever go back, we will book a week at Hard Rock Universal and do the 3 Universal parks and Volcano bay and then do 2 days at Disney (half day at each of the 4 parks)............

Theres no incentive to staying at WDW hotels but there is at Universal so stay there and visit WDW......especially since you can just buy Genie+ day of.........Why would you ever stay at a Disney hotel again? There is literally no incentive

pdude81

We used to go to Disney and visit Universal........I think people now will go to Universal and visit Disney (esp after the new park opens)

The hotels are nicer, more amenities, better pools, better perks (esp Express Pass).......

If we ever go back, we will book a week at Hard Rock Universal and do the 3 Universal parks and Volcano bay and then do 2 days at Disney (half day at each of the 4 parks)............

Theres no incentive to staying at WDW hotels but there is at Universal so stay there and visit WDW......especially since you can just buy Genie+ day of.........Why would you ever stay at a Disney hotel again? There is literally no incentive
No incentive?

esskay

Don't forget that Uni is also in partnership with other parks, so it actually can sometimes be an even better deal when they throw in Busch Gardens, Sea World (ew), Aquatica and Discovery Cove. The 3rd party ticket sites often offer a big bundle with Space Kennedy thrown in too, or free parking for the entirety of your stay, which for people staying 14 nights is a huge cost saving over Disney.

A good example of one going on right now: https://www.attractiontickets.com/e...on-ticket-packages/orlando-6-park-flexiticket

Includes Universal, IOA, Volcano Bay, Busch, SeaWorld, Aquatica, Free parking at seaworld/busch/aquatica, free shuttle to busch, etc and its still cheaper than WDW tickets which then charge for parking.

TQQQ

No incentive?
Nope, none.......

Deluxe extra hours but thats only if you overpay for a deluxe and its only 2 parks, once a week, so that doesnt count......if you dont time a trip right you might not even get the option to go at all

What else is there?

Last edited:

pdude81

Nope, none.......

Deluxe extra hours but thats only if you overpay for a deluxe and its only 2 parks, once a week, so that doesnt count......

What else is there?
The 30 minute early entry in the morning makes a significant difference as you progress thorugh your day, whether you purchase Genie+ or not.

TQQQ

The 30 minute early entry in the morning makes a significant difference as you progress through your day, whether you purchase Genie+ or not.
HA....not if you dont wake up at 6am on vacation (which id say is over 95% of the people that go to WDW)

so its irrelevant for 95+% of guests

and what i mean by 95% is this:

for eg. - MK averages 57k people per day.......rope drop is less than 10% of that (i would bet its around 5%) so for everyone else, it's irrelevant

G00fyDad

This may have been asked and I have looked but I cannot find it anywhere. I've already paid for our Genie+ per person per day back when I booked this trip. (Back when you were able to pre-book it) I'm locked in at that rate correct? I haven't gotten anything from Disney telling me I need to pay more money. I know it sounds like it should be common sense but we leave in just over a day and my brain is mush at this point with all the stress involved with planning this "vacation".

TQQQ

This may have been asked and I have looked but I cannot find it anywhere. I've already paid for our Genie+ per person per day back when I booked this trip. (Back when you were able to pre-book it) I'm locked in at that rate correct? I haven't gotten anything from Disney telling me I need to pay more money. I know it sounds like it should be common sense but we leave in just over a day and my brain is mush at this point with all the stress involved with planning this "vacation".
pretty sure i read on another blog that you are all set

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom