Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

RobWDW1971

Disney tends to have one CEO who builds (Eisner and Iger) and then in between, they put in CEO’s who cut (Pressler and Chapek) Hopefully, they’ll move on to a builder asap. Pressler and Chapek were/are penny wise and pound foolish, in my opinion

Pressler wasn't CEO, he was relatively the same position as Josh as Chairman of P&R.

Disney fans:

When Paul was Parks Chairman: Evil Paul!
When Bob was Parks Chairman: Evil Bob!
Now that Josh is Parks Chairman: Um, um, evil Bob! Um, evil Wall Street! Um, evil man behind the tree!!! He took a photo with me! He can't be evil!!!!!

(Bob has got to get Josh's PR guy)

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Three years ago they announced plans to gut and completely rebuild half of Epcot.

Gee, I wonder if anything was different in 2020 and 2021 than it was in 2019.

Ignoring the impact of COVID on the hospitality and tourism industry is just about the biggest clown comment you can make.
Could have easily built during Covid and borrowed money at basically zero… had things ready to go at a record pace and open them at their choosing instead we have the mess we have now…

VJ

Pressler wasn't CEO, he was relatively the same position as Josh as Chairman of P&R.

Disney fans:

Now that Josh is Parks Chairman: Um, um, evil Bob! Um, evil Wall Street! Um, evil man behind the tree!!! He took a photo with me! He can't be evil!!!!!

while we're calling out disney fans... who started these price hikes in the first place all those years ago? i'll give you a hint: wasn't chapek, wasn't "daddy josh", wasn't even iger...

it was beloved former disney ceo michael eisner!

Lil Copter Cap

while we're calling out disney fans... who started these price hikes in the first place all those years ago? i'll give you a hint: wasn't chapek, wasn't "daddy josh", wasn't even iger...

Fair.

But the products and offerings then vs. now is night and day? Pandemic aside, of course. Longer parks hours, more live entertainment (arguably what set Disney a part for so long), parades galore, new theme park openings, etc, etc.

Not that Disney isn't offering new experiences now...they're subpar. And, of course, they are dealing with recouping after closure. But putting that aside, the experiences within the last year that had money thrown at them hasn't netted anything worth keeping—and Disney has already confirmed that with Disney Live Entertainment shakeup. (Nighttime shows, daytime shows, etc.)

I will add that I'm someone who would be 100% OK with the price increases if it meant stellar ride maintenance, exceptional entertainment offerings, and...ya know...just overall quality. But selling me a $25 ticket to Rise of the Resistance when Kylo Ren has been in B-Mode a large percentage of 2022...or the pitiful state in which so many older rides are in...

fgmnt

Disney fans:

needs his cosmetic surgeon

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
The first two replaced other things though. Pandora was however a capacity addition as was Ratatouille (and Tron). But what’s up with the (probable) planned changes for DAK? Why only replace existing Dinoland stuff instead of actually expanding?

And DHS still needs a crapload more capacity.
Even with Pandora AK is still basically a half day park that needs a ton of capacity as well…

pdude81

The first two replaced other things though. Pandora was however a capacity addition as was Ratatouille (and Tron). But what’s up with the (probable) planned changes for DAK? Why only replace existing Dinoland stuff instead of actually expanding?

Camp Minnie Mickey might have had the best audio loop on property though. I still miss that

UNCgolf

Pandora technically replaced something too, although there wasn't very much there.

The DHS replacements are kind of in the same boat, in that what they replaced (for the most part) was a remnant of a park that no longer existed and thus didn't really make sense. MMRR replacing GMR is an exception to that, though. MMRR should have been a new build elsewhere.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

While also building damn near half of the resort that exists today. First decade Eisner was great. Second decade was less desirable.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Genie+ is $20 to purchase today -

IMG_3487BDE7778C-1.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom