Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Waters Back Side

I'm still curious how Genie + will change a reservation like ot is supposedly able to do. So if I have LeCellier reserved for 630 and Soarin I'd only available at 645, that would be quite a feat for the Genie to pull off changing that reservation to a different time of the day.

I guess it will only do what is within reason or possible. Otherwise itll make you choose one or the other.

Animaniac93-98

Yes, it's in MDE currently. You can tap the button to join the wait list if you didn't get a reservation - assuming there's still room on the wait list.

This was the case at Disneyland too, but availability was so limited it was a waste of time to try.

Once I tried when it said the wait list was open, but then when I clicked on the button it said it wasn't. 🙃

DisneyDreamer08

My trip is in January so I’m going to wait and see how this plays out. I was going to suck it up and pay the $15/day but now I’m not so sure. Seems like the only place it would be worth it is MK. When I go in January, Everest will be closed. So $15 at AK would cover one ride on the Safari, Navi and Dinosaur (no Kali for me). Doesn’t seem worth it at all without the ability to re-ride.

MurphyJoe

No re-rides adds an interesting variable into touring with G+. The best move could be to wait before booking the next LL so it'd be during a more advantageous time slot. Park hopping's value is also increased where it might be better (for maximization of G+) to start in one park, run out of LL entitlements, then hop to another to finish out the day. At the same time, Epcot and MK might run out of LL passes in the afternoon as people hop over to them from AK and HS. Thus there's probably going to be an optimal hoping strategy if the goal is to ride, ride, ride.

ToTBellHop

Oof, no re-rides make this a pretty hard sell.

I already don't have interest in several of the attractions in each park; why would I pay $15 to be able to use it like 3 times in any park not named the Magic Kingdom?
Get to MK for open, rush Space Mtn (7DMT I can take or leave), burn through everything else as quickly as possible, then hop to DHS which has several great options on G+. No dining reservations that day.

This won’t be an every day thing for my family. “This is ride day.”

homerdance

My trip is in January so I’m going to wait and see how this plays out. I was going to suck it up and pay the $15/day but now I’m not so sure. Seems like the only place it would be worth it is MK. When I go in January, Everest will be closed. So $15 at AK would cover one ride on the Safari, Navi and Dinosaur (no Kali for me). Doesn’t seem worth it at all without the ability to re-ride.

Chances are Kali will be closed too.

mightynine

You really can’t grab another ride on something via Genie+ if you’ve done it once?

Spider Man Lol GIF

I could understand that for Individual Attraction Selections™️ but for everything else? C’mon.

pdude81

Many people will have issues with this. I am okay with it because it helps with availability and It does not bother me to go on a ride only once a day. Especially since I usually spend multiple days at each park.

Id rather be able to go on Smugglers, MMRR, Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror in the same day then the same ride multiple times. Others would disagree.
If crowds are moderate you should be able to ride 2 of them twice

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom