Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Dranth

I don't agree with that at all. Even this thread has been very informative when it's kept on topic and not turned into the same arguments based on personal preferences.
True, it is more like 98% of threads, I was overexaggerating saying 99%.

Besides, what is there to know? Until there are changes we have all the information we need. The only thing at this point is to watch availability. There are links on the front page for people who just want an informational only FAQ.

ConfettiCupcake

Mine points are not based on personal preference, they are based on facts

Fact is, this system hurts more people than it helps and thats not debatable

You have yet to provide these facts. I’d love to see em, and in not being snarky or sarcastic. Searching yields nothing but opinions.

I don’t think it’s logical Disney would move to a system that hurts more of its guests. I think they have better data than we do.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
NO....Thats why I would allow resort guests to pick their first ride and VQ 7 days out for the length of stay, eliminating that, providing an on site benefit while also preserving inventory and spontaneity
I gotta say... I'm surprised they didn't just keep the system as it was and let everyone pick 1 attraction and/or ILL for each day of their trip ahead of time and let the rest operate like before during the day

JIMMYEDDIE

You have yet to provide these facts. I’d love to see em, and in not being snarky or sarcastic. Searching yields nothing but opinions.

I don’t think it’s logical Disney would move to a system that hurts more of its guests. I think they have better data than we do.
DId you ever use Genie+? I did 2 weeks ago and went to HS on a 7/10 day rank on touring plans and got SDD, TOT, RNR, MMRR, TSMM, MFSR and bought ROTR

You cannot do that with this system

Chip Chipperson

Right but those same people at that same time are now on pick 5 or 6, thus eliminating all the inventory.....
Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on what return times they had to start and what return times are available for their additional picks. There's no guarantee that a rope-dropper will get 3 early return times for their pre-selected rides.

ConfettiCupcake

DId you ever use Genie+? I did 2 weeks ago and went to HS on a 7/10 day rank on touring plans and got SDD, TOT, RNR, MMRR, TSMM, MFSR and bought ROTR

You cannot do that with this system

Yes plenty of times.

Your experience and my experience are not necessarily the majority experience. If we are getting all those, it follows that somebody else is missing all of it.

Our experiences are not facts and data when making statements like it’s worse for most.

JIMMYEDDIE

Yes plenty of times.

Your experience and my experience are not necessarily the majority experience. If we are getting all those, it follows that somebody else is missing all of it.

Our experiences are not facts and data when making statements like it’s worse for most.
Thats just not true....the inventory was more spread out vs taken all at once

Dranth

Really? You think the new extra half hour is a better system for resort guests than the old EMHs? A lot of people would disagree with that if you do. How about Deluxe only getting evening hours? Dropping ME or pre fixe menus? Those are better for most guests?

Look, this system may turn out fine despite what some of us see as major problems and I am 100% positive Disney will tweak things to address some of the more glaring issues but let's not pretend Disney hasn't made plenty of decisions that hurt large swaths of guests.

JD80

Are you kidding me? I now have 3 tracks of LLs to modify! I'm going to be on my phone trying to optimize all 3 vs the 1 G+ track! (this is a joke, but honestly I will probably be on my phone just as much. I've already seen Tiana pop up both times I checked LLs today).

What are you modifying? Everything sold out on Day -2.

ConfettiCupcake

Thats just not true....the inventory was more spread out vs taken all at once

The inventory is finite. If you could get more with Genie+ than you can with LLMP, it is reasonable to say somebody else is getting more with LLMP than they actually did (not theoretically could) with Genie+. If you’re not getting it, somebody else is. It doesn’t matter from that angle when it’s distributed.

Still waiting on the facts and data. From where I stand, the most information we have from Disney is what can be gleaned from their actions (I don’t agree that they are out to lunch enough to switch to a system that makes the majority of their guests less happy). They also had a disclaimer on Genie+ that you could expect 2-3 attractions per day. Given all of that, I find it very unlikely that the average guests experience reflected yours or mine.

JIMMYEDDIE

The inventory is finite. If you could get more with Genie+ than you can with LLMP, it is reasonable to say somebody else is getting more with LLMP than they actually did (not theoretically could) with Genie+. If you’re not getting it, somebody else is. It doesn’t matter from that angle when it’s distributed.

Still waiting on the facts and data. From where I stand, the most information we have from Disney is what can be gleaned from their actions (I don’t agree that they are out to lunch enough to switch to a system that makes the majority of their guests less happy). They also had a disclaimer on Genie+ that you could expect 2-3 attractions per day. Given all of that, I find it very unlikely that the average guests experience reflected yours or mine.
Maybe.....But the reality of it was, Genie+ was 100x more efficient than this sytem....it yielded more rides and better quality rides

Saskdw

with 2 ILL's, first pick and VQ, you would have up to 4 pre booked and then eligible to book an additional pick 2 hours after park opened or if you used ur pick, while preserving inventory
Here is an example of a good day at a leisurely pace for us.

Roll into AK around noon. with the following prebooked 7 days out.

FoP paid LL
Safari
EE
Navi

Paid LL for Guardians at EPCOT.
Grab a late night LL for Soarin after using first LL.

Dinner ADR at EPCOT.

6 rides without a long line. Great day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom