Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JD80

I actually think it penalizes the power users and helps the many.

Every single person the books now gets at least 1 good LL and 2 decent LLs. I don't think that was true under G+.

That added capacity taken by the random families that had no idea how to use G+, but now are getting 1 good, 2 decent LLs are taking inventory away from basically everyone on this forum (that knew the G+ system).

So yes it's a downgrade to what most people could do, but probably an upgrade for what most people actually did.

Ride capacity is finite, every change will benefit some and inhibit others.

I made this point elsewhere last night.

The way things are today, this helps non power users because they get 3 decent rides and maybe a 4th which is what most people got previously.

Actually - this probably helps power users because it forces you to get off your phone and chill out and enjoy your vacation. :D

JIMMYEDDIE

If staying on site you can do two (ToT and RnR) during EE and line up for another. Book 3 ahead of time. Should be able to pick up 2 by using early ones.
me and my wife along with our 5, 6, 7 and 9 year old would go to the parks 11-5:30pm......None of what you wrote could be done in that scenario but could 100% be done with Genie

It penalizes almost all guests that dont rope drop...

Actually, I think its penalizes EVERY guest that doesn't rope drop, which is the vast majority of park goers

Purduevian

This is not true....and under Genie+, you got 3 great LL's
Yes you did. I did as well. I don't think the random family that found out about G+ halfway through their trip did.

There are still the same number of total "great" LLs as there were 3 days ago. If you aren't getting them anymore, someone else is.

The way things are today, this helps non power users because they get 3 decent rides and maybe a 4th which is what most people got previously.

Actually - this probably helps power users because it forces you to get off your phone and chill out and enjoy your vacation. :D
Are you kidding me? I now have 3 tracks of LLs to modify! I'm going to be on my phone trying to optimize all 3 vs the 1 G+ track! (this is a joke, but honestly I will probably be on my phone just as much. I've already seen Tiana pop up both times I checked LLs today).

Chi84

Premium Member
me and my wife along with our 5, 6, 7 and 9 year old would go to the parks 11-5:30pm......None of what you wrote could be done in that scenario but could 100% be done with Genie
People are coming here to look for information on the new system. You're not accomplishing anything with these constant, repetitious arguments in favor of Genie+. You're not going to convince anyone, Disney's not going to change anything, and you're cluttering up the thread.

Jrb1979

For us being on my phone is not a problem. We will be on it a lot trying to maximize the amount of rides we can get.

Chill out is at the resort. If we wanted a chill and relaxing vacation it's not Disney or Universal. I think that's the difference on how we view the parks. We view Disney and Universal no different than Cedar Point or Dollywood. We go there to ride rides. It's not a place to take in atmosphere and enjoy the resort.

Dranth

So yes it's a downgrade to what most people could do, but probably an upgrade for what most people actually did.
I don't see it.

This is an improvement for people with longer, onsite vacations who like to preplan. That is it. It is a worse system for everyone else. It reminds me of the dinning plan defenders. Sure, a few got value out of it but most did not and it made it worse for everyone else.

JIMMYEDDIE

People are coming here to look for information on the new system. You're not accomplishing anything with these constant, repetitious arguments in favor of Genie+. You're not going to convince anyone, Disney's not going to change anything, and you're cluttering up the thread.
Thats not true.....Genie+ was in place for 2 1/2 years and had 16 modifications during that time, averaging a change once every 2 months

This is the 4th ride skip plan they've had in the last 10 years (paper FP, FP+, Genie+ and now this).......This will 100% change and not only that, I bet it changes before the holiday season

ConfettiCupcake

Agree.....Let resort guests book their first ride and VQ 7 days out for the length of their trip, eliminating the 7am wake up, giving them a clear advantage over non resort guests and then keep the Genie+ rules in place, the 120 min rule or book another after you use it, allowing for spontaneity while not eliminating all the inventory

Not that hard....resort guests would then have up to 2 ILL's booked, their first Genie+ ride AND a VQ, so up to 4 pre selected rides

On a personal level I’d like this.

But it’s pretty obvious that Disney is addressing what they saw as pain points of Genie+ with their changes, despite the way that you or I may not prefer it on a personal level.

With a finite capacity, they obviously feel like the prebooking route does a better job of distributing the in demand rides to the demographic of guests they want to make happier than a Genie+ style system. That doesn’t negate what you or I knew how to do with the system. Despite what I think are questionable decisions they may make, I don’t think it’s logical that they would knowingly shift to a system that penalizes more guests. I think they have data backing a system like LLMP/SP overall being more favourable than Genie+.

Dranth

Then we should shut down most threads as almost nothing we say matters to Disney and 99% of the threads here are people complaining about the things they want changed.

Chi84

Premium Member
Then we should shut down most threads as almost nothing we say matters to Disney and 99% of the threads here are people complaining about the things they want changed.
I don't agree with that at all. Even this thread has been very informative when it's kept on topic and not turned into the same arguments based on personal preferences.

When your response to something is "see above" maybe it's time to take a breath.

Chip Chipperson

I do.......MK averages 60,000 per day....how many are in the parks by the first hour? 15,000? so the remaining 45,000 guests are penalized vs Genie+
You're ignoring/forgetting that those first-hour guests had an advantage with G+, too, since they weren't bound by the 2-hour rule if they used their first LL early - so they were on pick #2 before the people arriving later had the chance to stack their 2nd. The same goes for picks 3, 4, etc. If they used them then their next opportunity to pick another LL was immediate. There is no system that won't provide some additional benefit to rope-droppers unless that system has a hard cap on the number of LLs you can pick in a day.

JIMMYEDDIE

I don't agree with that at all. Even this thread has been very informative when it's kept on topic and not turned into the same arguments based on personal preferences.
Mine points are not based on personal preference, they are based on facts

Fact is, this system hurts more people than it helps and thats not debatable

JIMMYEDDIE

You're ignoring/forgetting that those first-hour guests had an advantage with G+, too, since they weren't bound by the 2-hour rule if they used their first LL early - so they were on pick #2 before the people arriving later had the chance to stack their 2nd. The same goes for picks 3, 4, etc. If they used them then their next opportunity to pick another LL was immediate. There is no system that won't provide some additional benefit to rope-droppers unless that system has a hard cap on the number of LLs you can pick in a day.
Right but those same people at that same time are now on pick 5 or 6, thus eliminating all the inventory.....

ConfettiCupcake

Agreed and I will go further and say I prefer a system that benefits guests in park using it, and not a system that benefits those who are not. I think the Genie+ experience was significantly better and more relaxed when you waited to enter long enough that you had 3-4 rides stacked and ready to go, compared to trying to keep a rolling option going in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom