Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

ConfettiCupcake

Really? You think the new extra half hour is a better system for resort guests than the old EMHs? A lot of people would disagree with that if you do. How about Deluxe only getting evening hours? Dropping ME or pre fixe menus? Those are better for most guests?

Look, this system may turn out fine despite what some of us see as major problems and I am 100% positive Disney will tweak things to address some of the more glaring issues but let's not pretend Disney hasn't made plenty of decisions that hurt large swaths of guests.

I think that’s a different scenario, as you’re talking about resort guests perks that cost Disney something to provide that they’ve either lessened or removed over the years, presumably at a cost savings. Of course they have done things that aren’t to the benefit of guests over the years, but they are almost always a cost saver or a revenue generator.

This conversation is comparing two line skip systems that as of today have the exact same price tag on them, and one shouldn’t theoretically be costing Disney more than the other to operate. Therefore, what exactly would be the reason for the switch if not increased guest satisfaction or increased revenue by way of more purchases?

JIMMYEDDIE

Here is an example of a good day at a leisurely pace for us.

Roll into AK around noon. with the following prebooked 7 days out.

FoP paid LL
Safari
EE
Navi

Paid LL for Guardians at EPCOT.
Grab a late night LL for Soarin after using first LL.

Dinner ADR at EPCOT.

6 rides without a long line. Great day.
sounds great but I would say wishful thinking on that

the chance you get early return times for those rides is slim to none unless parks are 4/10 or less

JD80

Actually just click here: Thrill data has a pretty good sheet:

Look at Haunted Mansion:

1721925693552.png

Assuming Im reading this correctly, ts's still available for a 9:20 return time now. Yesterday it sold out at 7:58 AM, last week it was 7:50 PM and last month it was 8:15 PM

JIMMYEDDIE

According to Thrill Data only sell outs today so far are:
  • Jungle Cruise sold out at 12:11
  • TBA sold out at 6:05 AM
  • Tron sold out at 10:46 AM
  • 7DMT was N/A (assuming sold out before today)
But you also have to look at late return times, especially for the top Tier 2 rides......If you leave early or park hop, you wont get any good Tier 2 selections b return times are too late

JD80

All this hyperventilating is silly regardless. LLMP, like G+, is still not really worth getting at AK or EPCOT and DHS it may be worthwhile but not necessary.

JD80

But you also have to look at late return times, especially for the top Tier 2 rides......If you leave early or park hop, you wont get any good Tier 2 selections b return times are too late

This will be true for any system they put in to place. Also - just refresh, people are getting earlier times.

We still don't know how they plan on doing drops and/or if the current inventory is what they plan on going with.

Jrb1979

I don't have time to see above.

Nothing you have said makes me dislike the new system. It will work great for us.
It makes sense cause you are like most average Disney guests. Your happy with being able to book the 3 you want ahead of time, and maybe add a couple more while in the park. Not be in the parks all day. It works well for you but it definitely penalizes families like us who just want to ride rides from open to close every day.

Jrb1979

I gotta say... I'm surprised they didn't just keep the system as it was and let everyone pick 1 attraction and/or ILL for each day of their trip ahead of time and let the rest operate like before during the day
IMO they went with this system to try to get people to book resorts again.

Fido Chuckwagon

I really hope they bring back the rule that you can't pick your fourth FP until you've used the first three. The fact that you can now pick a new LL after each LL tap in (so you essentially have three rolling LL's at all times until capacity is exhausted) is almost certainly why they are running out of capacity for everything so quickly.

Vegas Disney Fan

It didn't really matter in the FastPass+ days because it was free.

Now folks will be paying to be disappointed.
Lack of capacity was the downfall for FP, FP+, and Genie+, and will be the downfall of the new LL system… they don’t have the capacity to make any of these schemes work, unfortunately instead of fixing the capacity problem they saw it as an opportunity to charge extra for it, it’s the most customer unfriendly thing possible, bordering on unethical.

The biggest difference for us, as guests, was with FP and FP+ we were disappointed if we couldn’t get a ride we wanted, with Genie+ we felt completely ripped off when we didn’t get the ride we paid extra for, we also felt completely ripped off when we arrived at a LL line and it was a block long.

Monetizing a line skip system that can’t work has to be one of the dumbest, most unpopular, most unethical, decisions Disney had ever made.

Saskdw

It makes sense cause you are like most average Disney guests. Your happy with being able to book the 3 you want ahead of time, and maybe add a couple more while in the park. Not be in the parks all day. It works well for you but it definitely penalizes families like us who just want to ride rides from open to close every day.
I agree with what you are saying.
Reality is the system isn't designed for power users and Disney isn't trying to accommodate that touring style. They only expect you to get 3 to 5 or 6 rides out of it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Problem is, if rides are sold out when i go on at the 7 day mark then i wont be buying this....most guests dont know that they hold back inventory.........

If you go on at 7 days out and you are going to HS for 1 of ur 4 park days and SDD is sold out, RNR and TOT aren't available until 6pm or later and we are leaving the park at 5:30pm, why would you buy this?

This system is terrible.........the Tiering and 3 advanced picks destroys inventory and makes this so inefficient
In order for most rides to be sold out at 7 days out Disney would have had to sell a whole lot of the product….significantly more than genie+ days. So if sales really tank (as you have been suggesting) and lots of people decide not to buy the “terrible“ product then there’s no way most rides can be sold out. Can‘t be both ways.

Jrb1979

I agree with what you are saying.
Reality is the system isn't designed for power users and Disney isn't trying to accommodate that touring style. They only expect you to get 3 to 5 or 6 rides out of it.
That's is mind boggling to me. That so many people pay the amount they do for park tickets to ride a handful of rides a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom