Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Saskdw

Genie+ didnt start until late 2021/early 2022, not 2016....FP+ was in place until the pandemic

Genie+ was a far superior product to this, in my opinion

Genie+ could have been tweaked to allow resort guests to book 7 days out and eliminate the 7am wake up, giving resort guests their on site advantage, while also preserving its best attributes and not destroy inventory.......

Not sure why people wouldnt embrace that? Would have helped everyone
I would be open to looking at any system that allows advance booking of 3 rides for onsite guests.

Eliminate the 7am thing and allow for some piece of mind with advance booking. That's what we need.

JIMMYEDDIE

I don't think that's proven yet. All the info we are reacting to is for people on the ground on day 2. We need to see how this plays out over a couple months with people that have booked vacations. I'm pretty sure they will be tweaking the inventory as they go on this.

I'm waiting to see how the dust settles before judging.
Anyone who DOESNT rope drop is penalized vs Genie+....Thats the vast majority of guests

gorillaball

Thank you for making my point........Exactly my point.....this new system penalizes probably 75%+ of guests vs. Genie+, including resort guests..........It ONLY helps rope droppers (which is prob less than 15% of daily park goers and most likely 10%)
Agree it penalizes some and BENEFITS some.
I don't agree it only helps rope droppers (unless you consider anybody showing up before 11a a rope dropper)
I don't agree on your guesstimated %'s.

I feel like you've made your point, you hate it, I understand why you hate it.

ConfettiCupcake

Thank you for making my point........Exactly my point.....this new system penalizes probably 75%+ of guests vs. Genie+, including resort guests..........It ONLY helps rope droppers (which is prob less than 15% of daily park goers and most likely 10%)

So you think Disney moved to a system that penalizes 75% of guests compared to their previous system? For what?

I think it’s more likely that we are overestimating how loved Genie+ was, and Disney addressed the most common complaints by the actual majority of guests via data we are not privy to with this change.

Purduevian

Agree we need to see how it settles.......I think it gets worse, not better........just my opinion but this is based on my experiences over 50+ years
I will agree the "sell out" time will get worse... However, we have along way to go from rides selling out day of a few hours after park opening, to rides selling out 7+ days out. From the FP+ days I never remember having any issues outside of SDD, 7D, and FOP. However, I still always managed to get those 3 before day of.

JIMMYEDDIE

So you think Disney moved to a system that penalizes 75% of guests compared to their previous system? For what?

I think it’s more likely that we are overestimating how loved Genie+ was, and Disney addressed the most common complaints by the actual majority of guests via data we are not privy to with this change.
I do.......MK averages 60,000 per day....how many are in the parks by the first hour? 15,000? so the remaining 45,000 guests are penalized vs Genie+

nickys

Premium Member
I’m not a rope dropper.

But being able to book 3 rides ahead of time means I can at least make sure everyone in my family can ride their favourites without the uncertainty of G+

Does that mean it’s worth it every day? No. But it takes a lot of the stress out of me planning for me.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Have they opened up all of MK yet for early resort entry or still just limiting it to tomorrowland and fantasyland? That would help in a big way imo planning things out

JIMMYEDDIE

I’m not a rope dropper.

But being able to book 3 rides ahead of time means I can at least make sure everyone in my family can ride their favourites without the uncertainty of G+

Does that mean it’s worth it every day? No. But it takes a lot of the stress out of me planning for me.
I used Genie+ prob 25x+......Every time i went to HS i got SDD, RNR (as long as it wasnt closed), TOT, MMRR, TSMM, MFSR and bought ILL ROTR,.........

Theres ZERO chance you can do that with this new system

The uncertainty is with the new system because of no inventory, not with Genie+

Jrb1979

The biggest complaint for Genie+ was the 7am part. I do see why most love going back to something similar to FP+. It works for the majority of guests. Disney guests are not ride people. Most are happy having short waits on a handful of rides a day and use the other time to do table service or have resort time.

For my family, we go to Disney for rides. We rope droppers and stay all day everyday. We would much rather the Universal system so we can ride as many rides a day as we can. Last time we did Universal we rode Mummy 11 times and Hulk 6 times.

ConfettiCupcake

This ironically reminds me of the switch from paper to FP+. It was frequently said that FP+ was brought in to level the playing field, to stomp out super users, and to make sure everyone had a chance to ride the big rides - like TSMM.

At the end of the day, motivated guests always learn how to best utilize a system and get a better than average experience. They had a capacity problem then, they have a capacity problem now. Some type of guest is always disadvantaged when there are not enough seats for the amount of butts in the park.

Purduevian

should say and BENEFITS few
I actually think it penalizes the power users and helps the many.

Every single person the books now gets at least 1 good LL and 2 decent LLs. I don't think that was true under G+.

That added capacity taken by the random families that had no idea how to use G+, but now are getting 1 good, 2 decent LLs are taking inventory away from basically everyone on this forum (that knew the G+ system).

So yes it's a downgrade to what most people could do, but probably an upgrade for what most people actually did.

Ride capacity is finite, every change will benefit some and inhibit others. In this case I think you and probably I are part of the group that was inhibited.

nickys

Premium Member
I used Genie+ prob 25x+......Every time i went to HS i got SDD, RNR (as long as it wasnt closed), TOT, MMRR, TSMM, MFSR and bought ILL ROTR,.........

Theres ZERO chance you can do that with this new system

The uncertainty is with the new system because of no inventory, not with Genie+
If staying on site you can do two (ToT and RnR) during EE and line up for another. Book 3 ahead of time. Should be able to pick up 2 by using early ones.

JIMMYEDDIE

The biggest complaint for Genie+ was the 7am part. I do see why most love going back to something similar to FP+. It works for the majority of guests. Disney guests are not ride people. Most are happy having short waits on a handful of rides a day and use the other time to do table service or have resort time.

For my family, we go to Disney for rides. We rope droppers and stay all day everyday. We would much rather the Universal system so we can ride as many rides a day as we can. Last time we did Universal we rode Mummy 11 times and Hulk 6 times.
Agree.....Let resort guests book their first ride and VQ 7 days out for the length of their trip, eliminating the 7am wake up, giving them a clear advantage over non resort guests and then keep the Genie+ rules in place, the 120 min rule or book another after you use it, allowing for spontaneity while not eliminating all the inventory

Not that hard....resort guests would then have up to 2 ILL's booked, their first Genie+ ride AND a VQ, so up to 4 pre selected rides

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom