Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

TheMaxRebo

Well with Genie+ I could get every Tier 1 ride......Wit this I dont think I will be able to

Probably not - based on today unless there are new drops of availability coming or you get lucky with a drop as currently the only tier 1 left at MK is Space Mtn

Screenshot_20240724-101305.png

Kamikaze

For the people who don't get to visit often, it makes sense to want to maximize their park days because they may not be back for 3 years, if ever. Many people on this forum are frequent visitors, but not all - and many of us sometimes travel with people whi are in that "once every 3 years at best" group who loon to us for help getting the most out of their limited time in the parks.

Also, SOME of this is fixed by the new system. You have the ability to pre-book 3 rides before your trip AND can select the return times, so that means 3 rides without having to fiddle with the app to pick your next ride or try to improve your return time. No keeping track of "what time did I book X so I know when I can book something else?" or setting alarms on your phone and hoping you hear it in a crowded park or feel it vibrating in your pocket while walking. Just tap in for 1 ride and know you can now book another.
The crossover of the bolded - people that only go 'once every 3 years', will buy LL MP, and 'need' to maximize every second to the point of being obsessive about it - is very small.

And the 'ability' to pre-book the attractions depends solely on the availability of those attractions - which might be gone before you get the opportunity to book them. Pre-booking with the chance they might be gone vs booking the day of but having to look at your phone, its very clear the pre-booking is the worse option.

Purduevian

Apparently you can completely overlap two LLMP return times day-of:

View attachment 803380

I think this has to be a bug, folks. Let's all see what happens when release 1.0.1 goes in tomorrow.
Wasn't that true of G+ as well if you were stacking?

Any information on if the original 3 prebooks ever "unlock" to allow you to modify to a second tier 1 or different park (I know the 4 LL can be any ride any where)

Kamikaze

At $15-40 (is that the max?) per person per day, I don’t think it’s insane at all to feel the need to maximize the value gotten out of the purchase.
I hate talking money because everyone has their own budgets and income, and its not my place - but if your budget is so tight that this is necessary, you probably should wait a bit longer and save more so you have more wiggle room in that budget.

ConfettiCupcake

I hate talking money because everyone has their own budgets and income, and its not my place - but if your budget is so tight that this is necessary, you probably should wait a bit longer and save more so you have more wiggle room in that budget.

I disagree that wanting to get your own perceived value out of a purchase implies the inability to afford something or a need to save more.

It’s like the DDP conversations where some people love to buy it to spend and forget, and some people only want it if it actually makes financial sense in their opinion. Neither are wrong.

TheMaxRebo

It isn't just ability to afford it is still wanting to maximize value on whatever you spend on anything.

If it is $30/person, for my family or 5 that is $150.

I am going to want to get the most value out of that $150 whether I spend it on G+/LLMP or food or souvenirs or accomodations or whatever (and that is when at Disney or elsewhere or just at home ... Same reason I clip coupons for the grocery store - I can afford not to but want to maximize the value of what I am spending )

tanc

Seems like ROTR for Disneyland is $26 and RSR is $21 for a single lightning lane. Which seems to be the same price as before. LLMP is $35 there, pretty sure it was $30 before for genie+.

JIMMYEDDIE

Probably not - based on today unless there are new drops of availability coming or you get lucky with a drop as currently the only tier 1 left at MK is Space Mtn

View attachment 803381
And this is my MAJOR complaint with the new system.......Anyone that is not in the park yet or has not purchased it yet, why would you spend the $ to get just one Tier 1 ride at 8pm and none of the top Tier 2 rides? It's only 10:30 in the morning and if MK has 60k guests today, my guess is only about 10k have entered the park so that alienates the remaining guests and anyone who doesnt rope drop

This new system is terrible and not even CLOSE to worth the $

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
At this point I have zero faith this thing is working as intended. We're likely not going to know the real rules until the bug fixes are released.
True, but also doesn't this also reflect the constrained planned capacity utilization instead of Lightning Lane as a cart blanc consumption of hourly capacity ?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Did they start with lower caps? By 10:30 at MK the only remaining tier 1 was Space and return time was after 8. And Haunted Mansion and Pirates are both long gone from tier 2.

JIMMYEDDIE

This is where it becomes really frustrating they’ve separated out the true tier 1 attractions into LLSP. At least FP+ tiers and availability included all attractions that had a lane.
My guess is this system will be changed within 3 months.....Sales will decline with this since it really puts non resort guests and non rope droppers at a MAJOR disadvantage......

And tis is on a slow day.......Who would pay for this right now if you were just entering MK and couldnt get any Tier 1 rides until 8pm and the top two Tier 2 rides were already long gone?

Failure and borderline disaster

Disneydad1012

And this is my MAJOR complaint with the new system.......Anyone that is not in the park yet or has not purchased it yet, why would you spend the $ to get just one Tier 1 ride? It's only 10:30 in the morning and if MK has 60k guests today, my guess is only about 10k have entered the park so that alienates the remaining guests and anyone who doesnt rope drop

This new system is terrible and not even CLOSE to worth the $
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If tiers 1's are truly sold out this early then it's not worth it at all. We don't go till mid/end of August so at least we have time to see the trends.

Kamikaze

It isn't just ability to afford it is still wanting to maximize value on whatever you spend on anything.

If it is $30/person, for my family or 5 that is $150.

I am going to want to get the most value out of that $150 whether I spend it on G+/LLMP or food or souvenirs or accomodations or whatever (and that is when at Disney or elsewhere or just at home ... Same reason I clip coupons for the grocery store - I can afford not to but want to maximize the value of what I am spending )
Do you only book the lowest level hotels or flights to 'maximize' value as well? Only eat the lowest price food items that are the biggest relative portions? How far do you take this?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes but it also penalizes resort guests........If you were entering MK right now with your 7 and 9 year old and couldn't get any Tier 1's (except Space at 8pm) and none of the top Tier 2 rides, why would you pay for this?
LL multipass purchase only guarantees the potential to select an expedited entrance to the tiered group of attractions, not that you actually are able to find one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom