Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

lightningtap347

This is what the complainers get. The worst of both systems, stuck together. Having to pay for it, having to book in advance, and having nothing (of the top tier) available day of.
Yeah I never actually understood why people were complaining about Genie+ so much (besides paying).

It was paper fastpass rules, and the most equitable solution for guests visiting the park. Everyone has the same shot at the top attractions, and the rules made those attractions available later in the evening. Now we have a worse, paid version of Fastpass+.

lentesta

Premium Member
One potential issue I saw is that the recommendation is based on seating times for shows. So I tested DAK and had Dinosaur, FotLK, and Nemo. It scheduled me for Nemo from 3:00-3:15 and then FotLK from 3:30-3:50. I don't think Nemo starts until 3:30. That is going to be confusing for those that don't realize seating times are different from show times.

Great point.

FN2BFRE

It looks like you can overlap LLMPs by 20 minutes at least.

I wonder if this is intentional. I'd heard 15.

If anyone can overlap by more, please let me know. Our touring plan software uses that number.

We saw an example this morning where the starting point/initial selection from the tool showed an overlap of 25 mins b/w two LLMPs

View attachment 803350

Also noticed at the top it says "selects saved for 5 minutes" so guess you have 5 minutes to complete the process before losing your saved times
@lentesta This post shows someone with a 25 minute overlap.

LSLS

Yeah I never actually understood why people were complaining about Genie+ so much (besides paying).

It was paper fastpass rules, and the most equitable solution for guests visiting the park. Everyone has the same shot at the top attractions, and the rules made those attractions available later in the evening. Now we have a worse, paid version of Fastpass+.
But pay is a big thing. If I get a paper fastpass, use it, then can't get one for another attractions (or at least one that is longer than a 15 minute wait), who cares. But, if I had paid $25 and that is the case, you get real angry.

willf

Amen. G+ actually allowed a degree of spontaneity and adaptability for the first time in years, and I loved it. If they’d announced this in April before I renewed my AP, I likely wouldn’t have.

Kamikaze

But pay is a big thing. If I get a paper fastpass, use it, then can't get one for another attractions (or at least one that is longer than a 15 minute wait), who cares. But, if I had paid $25 and that is the case, you get real angry.
But this change only makes your scenario worse, as the top tier attractions WILL regularly sell out much quicker with pre-booking taking up a portion (or all, depending on how Disney handles it) of the available LLs.

Chip Chipperson

Ah! I forgot it’s 7 days for resort guests, 3 days for others. That explains it. I hope they keep displaying dates well in advance, though. It’s nice to know the cost ahead of time.

The interface is running smoothly and intuitively for me.
I think 21 days out will always be displayed since guests with a 14-day ticket can purchase for the length of their trip.

JD80

Amen. G+ actually allowed a degree of spontaneity and adaptability for the first time in years, and I loved it. If they’d announced this in April before I renewed my AP, I likely wouldn’t have.

Actually, for those chasing the most LLs, the last iteration of G+ was the most restrictive and captivating. It required constant moderation to get the most out of it.

New system is a lot better... theoretically.

TheMaxRebo

It looks like you can overlap LLMPs by 20 minutes at least.

I wonder if this is intentional. I'd heard 15.

If anyone can overlap by more, please let me know. Our touring plan software uses that number.

See 25 mins here

Screenshot_20240724-073115.png

TheMaxRebo

The correct Disney option continues to be DLR, where they don't do any of this pre-book attractions garbage once again. I started attending DL when the original 60 day trash rolled out, and this just makes me want to visit WDW even less.

Correct for you ... I prefer pre poking as gives me a framework for the day and reduces stress day of

I know lots of people like me and plenty like you - there is no system that Disney could have that would make everyone happy

TheMaxRebo

I think 21 days out will always be displayed since guests with a 14-day ticket can purchase for the length of their trip.

Yeah, I noticed that and the 21 days does cover some of my park days for my upcoming trip, but I am not staying that long so when I click on one of the days it tells me when I am eligible to book (which would be 7 days before my check-in date)

AJT607

It's being reported that if you purchase LLMP for a less-expensive park and then book a "park hop" LL for a more expensive park, you need to pay the difference in daily cost. Considering that one of the objectives of these changes seems to be less "nickel and diming" transactions, this seems like a miss. Would be much easier to just have included park hopping/multiple parks as an option upon original purchase so that people don't need to get out their wallets mid-day when preparing to park hop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom