Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I wonder if there could be a way to sell a 14 day UK ticket that includes MLL for all 14 days. They could just call it a deluxe ticket or something and throw in daily MLL, memory maker and some magic bands and increase the price by $300-$400. Not sure that beats the regulatory or tax issues if that’s the problem but you wouldn’t be buying a distinct product from the app it would be included in the ticket price which is clearly not a problem to sell today.

nickys

Premium Member
I wonder if there could be a way to sell a 14 day UK ticket that includes MLL for all 14 days. They could just call it a deluxe ticket or something and throw in daily MLL, memory maker and some magic bands and increase the price by $300-$400. Not sure that beats the regulatory or tax issues if that’s the problem but you wouldn’t be buying a distinct product from the app it would be included in the ticket price which is clearly not a problem to sell today.
I think that’s what they’ll do for 2025. That’s how it worked for G+ at first, when it was pre-bookable.

The issues I see would be
1) whether you’d have to buy it for the full 7/14 days (as we did for G+) or whether they’d allow you to choose how many days to add on.
2) setting the price for the year.

JD80

Do we know how LL overlaps will work? I know we've seen mention about a 15m overlap allowed, Does this count for just the pre-book or all day?

Can we pre book for 9-10, 945-1045, 1030-1130, then if I use my 9-10 can I book for any time or do i have to book for 1115 or later? I suspect the later no?

JD80

Additional thoughts. If
I’m sure Scott Gustin said you can book for any time on the day.

1721053148040.png

Here's the tweet. I doesn't say if prebooks are only 15m overlap, or all day.

Ignoring ride order, tiers and rope dropping. Here's MK where you have a Red, Blue and Green LL track. This is if you can never have more than a 15m overlap for all LL ever.

1721053675995.png

Once the day of hits, and it's only prebooking, then you can do something like this where you have future bookings with red and green, then you use blue to use and book over and over.

1721053739729.png

Which I'm not sure makes sense operationally.

JD80

Now if it's what I assume it's going to be, 15m overlap always prebook and day of, then the smart thing to do would be some version of this for MK assuming availability.

1) Prebook Tiana, T2#1 and T2#2
2) Rope drop Space Mountain or Peter Pan
3) Use Tiana, Book Jungle Cruise for late in the day.
4) Use T2#1, Book BTM for late in the day.
5) Use T2#2, Book Space Mountain or Peter Pan as early as possible.
6) Use Space/PP and start a use/book cycle for the rest of the T2 attractions.

Essentially you use your two "extra" LL tracks to stack T1 attractions late in the day.

nickys

Premium Member
Additional thoughts. If

View attachment 800389

Here's the tweet. I doesn't say if prebooks are only 15m overlap, or all day.

Ignoring ride order, tiers and rope dropping. Here's MK where you have a Red, Blue and Green LL track. This is if you can never have more than a 15m overlap for all LL ever.

View attachment 800391

Once the day of hits, and it's only prebooking, then you can do something like this where you have future bookings with red and green, then you use blue to use and book over and over.

View attachment 800392

Which I'm not sure makes sense operationally.
Sorry, I deleted my first reply whilst I figured out how to explain what I wanted to say. Which is I don’t think it’s been stated yet!

I know that he did say uou don’t have to keep booking later and later.

You might have Tier 1 for noon, and Tier 2s for 9 & 9:45.

If the overlap applies you could still book another ride for 10:35. And then at 9:45 you could book for 11:15

And if you can modify you could do better - like at 9:05 you could move your 9:45 up to 9:30 and so on.

JD80

Assuming availability and 30m for each attraction to walk to, queue for and ride (which may not be enough time), your day can look something like this. I'm ignoring the fact you may want to cluster attractions close to each other to save time.

In this scenario you'd be done by 5:15, go grab dinner in an empty restaurant and hit up your last two attractions at 8pm. Or depending how you are doing take a mid day break. Or modify your later rides for earlier if available and go do fireworks.

1721054437731.png

JD80

1721056217296.png

I did all the parks. Honestly the biggest hurdle, if you are power touring is the 2nd and 3rd LL. This is assuming you have to book them at purchase. I am also not considering that you may be able to drop them immediately at some point before or at park open.

If you can then you can immediately book the red and green LL to stack for later in the day and shift all your blue grab and go LLs 1h45m earlier.

All assuming availability.

nickys

Premium Member
View attachment 800396

I did all the parks. Honestly the biggest hurdle, if you are power touring is the 2nd and 3rd LL. This is assuming you have to book them at purchase. I am also not considering that you may be able to drop them immediately at some point before or at park open.

If you can then you can immediately book the red and green LL to stack for later in the day and shift all your blue grab and go LLs 1h45m earlier.

All assuming availability.
If you want to use the grab and go strategy in order to be able to book further Tier 1 rides as early as possible, then you could book one for 9am and then look at rides like IASW, Star Tours, LwtL as the second Tier2 ride. Easy to modify as soon as you can and you then have three Tier 1s booked by 9:30 (or as soon as you can tap into your 2nd ride).

All sorts of possibilities.

JD80

If you want to use the grab and go strategy in order to be able to book further Tier 1 rides as early as possible, then you could book one for 9am and then look at rides like IASW, Star Tours, LwtL as the second Tier2 ride. Easy to modify as soon as you can and you then have three Tier 1s booked by 9:30 (or as soon as you can tap into your 2nd ride).

All sorts of possibilities.

If your goal is to convert your two T2 rebook LLs to T1 LLs there are a few potential ways to do it:

1) Prebook one LL as early as possible then reschedule it for a T1.
2) Modify/Drop your second and third LL day of for a T1.

The issue you may need to consider is the time of when you rebook your T1 or any second or third (red or green LL from my example above). If you're doing a grab and go touring style, those additional LLs can create a roadblock for you.

It's about opportunity and availability of when those T1s are "sold out" and when drops are available. Mostly in MK though since the other parks don't really have many attractions.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Now if it's what I assume it's going to be, 15m overlap always prebook and day of, then the smart thing to do would be some version of this for MK assuming availability.

1) Prebook Tiana, T2#1 and T2#2
2) Rope drop Space Mountain or Peter Pan
3) Use Tiana, Book Jungle Cruise for late in the day.
4) Use T2#1, Book BTM for late in the day.
5) Use T2#2, Book Space Mountain or Peter Pan as early as possible.
6) Use Space/PP and start a use/book cycle for the rest of the T2 attractions.

Essentially you use your two "extra" LL tracks to stack T1 attractions late in the day.
Ya know what would help things, if they allowed rope dropping/resort early entry in Adventureland and Frontierland again.

Open up the whole dang park Bob!

Last edited:

Purduevian

I will have a few months to see what the "optimum" strategy is... However, think most people will find that using 2 of their tracks on further out, higher profile rides and the 3rd track as a "instant" LL for the smaller rides will be the right strategy.

I think day of modifications and availability are going to go so much faster than in G+ days, everyone now has 3 tracks. I hope I can learn the LL drop times before my next trip!

DisneyRoy

Apparently there are some emails going out to people with trips coming up that said they could make reservations before 7/24. Saw a post on facebook that said they could make reservations on the 22nd for their stay starting the 26th. Anyone else heard anything about this starting early?

Edit: attached picture for an example of the emails sent out.

Edit: disregard. Disney chat said the emails were sent in error.
IMG_4827.jpeg

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Apparently there are some emails going out to people with trips coming up that said they could make reservations before 7/24. Saw a post on facebook that said they could make reservations on the 22nd for their stay starting the 26th. Anyone else heard anything about this starting early?

Edit: attached picture for an example of the emails sent out.

Edit: disregard. Disney chat said the emails were sent in error.View attachment 800699
doh!!!! Pouring salt in the wound. Whoever got that e-mail deserves a free a dole whip…maybe a churro too 😫😫😫

Fido Chuckwagon

I think day of modifications and availability are going to go so much faster than in G+ days, everyone now has 3 tracks. I hope I can learn the LL drop times before my next trip!
When G+ first launched every rebook from a 2 hour cooldown created a new track. Within weeks Disney realized this sucked up way too much availability and changed it to the current iteration where you only got a rebook after using your most recently booked attraction. I suspect something similar will happen here rather quickly.

Purduevian

When G+ first launched every rebook from a 2 hour cooldown created a new track. Within weeks Disney realized this sucked up way too much availability and changed it to the current iteration where you only got a rebook after using your most recently booked attraction. I suspect something similar will happen here rather quickly.
I honestly think that was a glitch... because I think if you tapped in before the 2 hour cool down you kept your original track.

Example: 9am MK opening with a 10:30am JC booked.
  1. If you tapped in at 10:59am, you could immediately book another LL. However you could not book a new one at 11am.
  2. If you tapped in at 11:01am, you could book one at 11am, then book another one after you tapped in (so holding 2 new ones)
I think this got patched in less than a week, but I could be mistaken.

JIMMYEDDIE

I cant see how it will increase sales.

First folks in the system who see and gobble up all the good return times purchase LL Multipass.

With advance selection, Its the same old problem with FastPass plus, all the good return times are gone.

The good thing is folks can see what's left before they purchase.
Agree 100%....this just brings back the "broken" part of FP+....I honestly dont understand why they did this after reading about it

JIMMYEDDIE

Ideally, for fairness of the system, #1 is the way it should work. You get the advantage of pre-booking but with restrictions and only once you book #4 and forward the restriction are dropped. The original 3 maintain the restrictions. As you said that would make a 9am or park open reservation a wise play. You tap in close to 9am and book #4 and maybe snag a second tier 1.

Logistically I’m not sure the system is setup to handle that. If you try to modify an existing pre-book it would need to remember the original tier and park (which would obviously be known) and ensure you only pick another ride from the same tier and park. A simple flag on the reservation would do that but I have no clue if the system actually has that flag. Your option #2 is much easier to implement. It’s all time based so at park open time the restriction drop for all reservations. That’s the easiest option but with a definite loophole for those in the know.
SO this severely penalizes people who dont rope drop?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom