Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Currently at WDW at the Wilderness Lodge.

Have MDE app setting to always allow my location.

Went to check today’s Genie+ price and got this.

IMG_3775.jpeg

Way to go, Disney.

Dranth

Just asking, why cant you use a VPN to VPN into the US. I do not see that as cheating as you ARE IN THE US when you VPN into the US.
VPN makes your IP address look like it is from another country which doesn't help if an app is using other methods to determine your location (GPS).

Disstevefan1

VPN makes your IP address look like it is from another country which doesn't help if an app is using other methods to determine your location (GPS).
Well the IP is actually in the US, not a spoof.

Did anyone try this?

Are they using methods other than IP to determine location?

Purduevian

Sorry to derail again. I have not heard back from Disney, but I did hear back from one of the third party sites that sells the tickets:

Them:

So the third party website has no issues at all selling to a US resident/citizen

I'll report back when/if I hear from Disney
I heard back from Disney on buying them on the official Disney website:

Me:
Hello,

I am a US resident and have no connection to the UK/Europe. However, I do not see any terms/conditions that would prohibit me from buying and using tickets sold on https://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/ is that correct?

Thank you,
Disney Response:
Dear XXX

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney Travel Company International.

As per the Terms and Conditions for the tickets that are sold by the Walt Disney Travel Company International, you must be a United Kingdom, Ireland, or European guest and would need to prove residency of one of those countries in order to activate the tickets. The process would be the same as proving Florida Residency for a Florida Resident ticket.

Kind Regards,

Rhaine
Walt Disney Travel Company International
*bolding from me.

So it seems like 3rd party are fair game, but tickets sold by Disney are a no go. Not going to give anyone advice, but these are the responses from each place.

Back to your regularly scheduled G+/LLMP(is that the acronym we are going with?) programing.

Splash4eva

But people don’t have to lie about their address to buy them.

What’s your view on using a VPN to pre-register for DAS?
Unless im mistaken US visitors cant book anything more than 10 days according to Disney rules. I have always had to buy an extra day ticket outright bc of it when i would do an 11 day trip or wait until 4 on a party night to enter a park… so if Disney rules state this people who buy them are breaking the rules. I can easily buy tickets using a Fla address of many family members but i dont…

Using a VPN to get access ro DAS and at the time 2 pre booked rides is the same lying to get a better service that is again lying so i am against it as should everyone else be. So you can say those people were clogging up LL creating part of the problem

nickys

Premium Member
Unless im mistaken US visitors cant book anything more than 10 days according to Disney rules. I have always had to buy an extra day ticket outright bc of it when i would do an 11 day trip or wait until 4 on a party night to enter a park… so if Disney rules state this people who buy them are breaking the rules. I can easily buy tickets using a Fla address of many family members but i dont…

Using a VPN to get access ro DAS and at the time 2 pre booked rides is the same lying to get a better service that is again lying so i am against it as should everyone else be. So you can say those people were clogging up LL creating part of the problem
From the reply given to @Purduevian , the rule only applies to tickets bought via the UK and IE websites - which do require a US address.

As for the DAS registration, sounds like you’re complaining they’re clogging up the LL line even if they qualify for DAS?
the alternative is that they don’t know until they get to the parks whether they still qualify for DAS. It seems to me that knowing ahead of time whether they do or not is going to help them plan their vacation. Why is that “getting a better service”?

As far as I know the 2 pre-booked rides are now only given in exceptional circumstances.

Supertech65

I heard back from Disney on buying them on the official Disney website:

Me:

Disney Response:

*bolding from me.

So it seems like 3rd party are fair game, but tickets sold by Disney are a no go. Not going to give anyone advice, but these are the responses from each place.

Back to your regularly scheduled G+/LLMP(is that the acronym we are going with?) programing.
And that's what I was trying to explain originally when I was stating how I was able to buy the fourteen day ticket. I don't exactly like being called a thief and a liar when trying to purchase these tickets which I am not. Any one can purchase third party tickets from anywhere. But I even stated that you cannot purchase any kind of Vacation package through Disney U.K, since those are resident deals only. Even if they're selling the 14 day ticket, it can only be sold to U.K.Residents and Ireland.
I'm assuming places like Attraction Tickets and Orlando Attraction Tickets , which have been around for years with excellent reputation , would not go down that road by selling tickets that would get them in trouble. I was not being deceitful, I did not use a VPN to even purchase these tickets.I used the dropdown.I selected the United States.I put in my actual address and payment and had no problem purchasing these. I had been following long since yesterday and was refraining from even replying because of what others were assuming.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
And that's what I was trying to explain originally when I was stating how I was able to buy the fourteen day ticket. I don't exactly like being called a thief and a liar when trying to purchase these tickets which I am not. Any one can purchase third party tickets from anywhere. But I even stated that you cannot purchase any kind of Vacation package through Disney U.K, since those are resident deals only. Even if they're selling the 14 day ticket, it can only be sold to U.K.Residents and Ireland.
I'm assuming places like Attraction Tickets and Orlando Attraction Tickets , which have been around for years with excellent reputation , would not go down that road by selling tickets that would get them in trouble. I was not being deceitful, I did not use a VPN to even purchase these tickets.I used the dropdown.I selected the United States.I put in my actual address and payment and had no problem purchasing these. I had been following long since yesterday and was refraining from even replying because of what others were assuming.
Thanks for the info. Based on the info posted here it’s clear that the third party sellers and Disney themselves have no issue with you buying the 14 day ticket in the US. If Disney had an issue they would not have specifically called out “tickets that are sold by the Walt Disney Travel Company International”.

I think this issue has been put to bed for good here.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A 10 day ticket is good for 14 days and if you add the WP option you have something to do every day of the 14 days
This is true and how I’ve handled this issue on trips over 10 days (I know, I know, first world problems :)).

I will say that now that MLL is in place and similar to FP+ with the tiers and pre-booking it may actually be more beneficial to have a 14 day ticket. You could still have a similar plan but instead of 4 full days of hotel/water park/DS time you can go to a park every day but just spend less time. So for example on a water park day I can pre-book 3 MLLs for the evening at MK and spend the day at the water park and then hop over to MK in the evening after dinner for my 3 rides. With 1 ride being a tier 1. There are 12 tier 1 rides so with a 14 day ticket you could book all 12 (one per day) and still have 2 days left for AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom