Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JD80

Good point but also a much, much bigger incentive now. I guess we'll see. I suspect inventory at 3 days will be light. I hope not.

I'm willing to bet that the full inventory of LL slots are not going to be available to prebook. They will drop them in pools throughout the day. The question for folks like @lentesta is how many are available pre book and how many are dropped and when throughout the day.

H20Babie

Has anybody heard that international guests will not be able to use this new system? As a Canadian, it’s making me very nervous that I will have to get up at 7 AM on vacation and all the rides will be gone.

AmishGuy91

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Less perks for on site guests? No thanks.
I don’t think you got what I was saying. Open up the entire park for resort guests. Enable rope dropping jungle cruise, big thunder, or Splash
I would rather have the old one hour early on select days. You could actually knock out a lot in that time.
yes that would be best.

billem

Based on comments in the past, I am not surprised that so many people think this is an improvement. I simply don't understand or agree. It seems a major component of this is "I don't want to have to get up at 7 to book lightning lanes." Well, first, you could only book 1 regular LL anyway. Second, you will still have to get up at 7 if you want to book any ILL/singlepass rides and to get in any virtual queues. Yes, you can choose not to do those, but you could also have chosen not to get up to book the one regular LL.

If you understood the paper FP system, it was pretty easy to get 5 or 6 a day (at MK) and that was when only a limited number of rides even offered it. This included multiple "top tier" rides. I'm sure that was different during busier times, but that was my experience going in August and January. You knew exactly when you could get your next FP because it was printed right on the ticket. The major downside was not knowing what the current distribution time was for a given ride without trekking across the park (except for the tip boards in Epcot, IIRC).

When they switched to FP+, now I am having to figure out where I am going to be months from now on a given day, do the math to figure out the actual day I can start booking, and I can only book 1 top tier ride. I can book a couple of other rides that I probably don't have to wait much in line for anyway at some random times that are more convenient for Disney than me. Then you couldn't even get another one until you used all 3, which might mean it was too late in the day to even get anything worthwhile. And, as I remember, you then had to go wait in a line to talk to a cast member to get any after that. I absolutely hated it and we waited in lines a lot more as a result of it. Making it even worse, they added FP to all kinds of rides that didn't need it, just to have something to show on the screen. I mean, is there anything more worthless than a FP for Mickey's Philharmagic?

The only flaw I found in Genie+ was that I had to pay for it. It was just like the paper system, except that I could see the return times for all the rides and book the LL without having to trek to the attraction itself. The return times would increment during the day, and you could see what they all are. So, you could easily see what the next LL you should get should be (always get the one of your choice that is going the fastest). The app itself kind of stunk, but if you setup BG1 that solved that problem. As with the paper FP, we got to skip the line once for almost everything we wanted to ride.

I understand that every one is different, but I cannot imagine a system that would make me more efficient than Genie+. If we were getting tired and wanted to take a mid-day break, then go ahead and book something for later in the evening. If I had pre-booked 2 months out for 2 PM, I guess I am not getting to do that without sacrificing one of my precious 3 reservations. I am just very frustrated at this development, even though I knew it was coming (from Len Testa's comments).

JD80

Why remove any attraction from LL? Most of the character meet LL are more valuable than some of the rides.

Imagine you're Mr Dad who thinks planning is for suckers or just didn't bother trying and show up to Magic Kingdom one day and go to buy a MultiPass at 1pm and all that is left is 3-5 different M&Gs. I think that is a bad customer event.

Alternatively if you buy late and there isn't much inventory left for the day, then I think that is a better (still bad) customer event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom