Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JD80

Even better!

So other than tiers at Mk and not at AK, so far I’ve not seen anything different from FP+ (other than $$$ obviously).

Very different from FP+ assuming it works the way I think it does.

Two major pros in FP+'s column is cost (free) and the ability to re-ride.

However, functionally this new MP (are we calling it Multipass or LL?) is superior, at least in MK. You now have three separate tracks to work your rebooking and modifying on. With FP+, you could only refresh after your third, and then your fourth etc. But with this system, assuming attraction availability you can work on three points of rebook/refresh.

Each of the three pre-booked LL's, once used for the first time, act as the third FP.

Pre-Book 1 2 3
Use 1 book 4 - Use 4 book 7
Use 2 book 5 - Use 5 book 8
Use 3 book 6 - Use 6 book 9

Assuming there are enough attractions (lol there isn't)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Honestly? I'd rather have everything be a normal line, but you can pay extra for lightning lane per ride...similar to other parks (IIRC even Tokyo Disney does it this way)...but still limit the # of lightning lane return times so it doesn't get backed up.

Simple, straightforward, Disney still gets that extra $$ they want so desperately.

pdude81

I'm resigned to the fact that this is the way it will be going forward. What quite frankly is awful about this is the way they're branding this. It is deceptively confusing and making something that is already complicated and a driver of guest dissatisfaction and making it worse.
If they were going to change the name, bring back the term Fastpass. The signs can be repainted to allow for better brand recognition.

Ali Mouse

Just did a chat on MDE we arrive July 24 she said we could book for our entire trip then but not before.
Thank you!
My trip starts the 21st. I think switching mindsets mid way through my trip…changing from the stacking strategy to doing them in the morning (so that you can get more sooner) will be crazy!!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
20 pages of discussion from 1152 to 1172. Anyone on this forum is basically a "Disney Pro". If we can't figure it out, they're hoping your average guest can?
Park management since about 2005 has basically been a Rube Goldberg.

The first step in fixing problems is to identify and fix problem 1

Example: you don’t fix your drywall before you fix your roof leak.

I give a pass maybe until like 2008-10?

Since…no

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom