Disney Freaks!

Mickey is King

Original Poster
After all of the complaining we all do (myself included) about Disney and the way we all think it should be run and so fourth- Over all they do a pretty good job at it- here's the proof.....

Disney rules....it is no. 1...always has been, always will.

I am a Disney Freak, as most of us here are.

So, why do YOU feel it is a cut above the rest? and don't you think overall they keep everyone happy? and by everyone I mean people from other cultures, economic status, race, and even religion- they have on site churches and mosques right? (probably have a lot of spelling errors, sorry)

I don't want this to turn into a religous debate or anything , that was just an example--point was just how WDW deals with the many different challenges of running this monster.....

discuss

Tomi-Rocket

CM's

One reason this place rules is they hire the right people! Let me tell you Six Flags could use some real lessons from WDW. Now I know I've read posts about people having bad, some even terrible, experiences with CM's but we never have. Maybe not everyone is the super happy, perky type but they have all at the very least been pleasant. And never have we met someone who isn't helpful or willing to be helpful. It's hard to believe they can hire so many "right" people but the CM's add to the "magic". :king:

stargrl33

Disney appeals to me because it is a completely immersive experience. All of the tiny details have been covered. They do not half-a** things (for the most part). That is why I love going there.
Also, when I go to other theme parks, like a Six Flags, I am disgusted by how much time I have to spend in line. Disney really does control crowds well.

Mammymouse

Staying on property definitely elevates the experience 100%!! But even if I go just for the day (I now live in Florida) the atmosphere of the whole property just gets inside your head and makes you feel safe and naive again. Where else would you see adults unconsciously act like 10 year olds and not think, as well as the others around them, there was anything odd about it?? How many megalithic companies can say their patrons and their families adore and respect their product like we do about Disney?? As long as Disney can preserve that trust and bond they will always be the best vacation spot for me!! I think our country is again realizing that family values need to be the foundation, and then build the fun on top. Walt and Roy Disney and their families are true legends and role models for all that is good in people, and I hope others who take up the leadership ongoing at Disney can keep that enthusiasm for life in their business decisions. It will be an awesome task!

HouCuseChickie

They are tops because they drastically exceed expectations on every level you could imagine and all of the ones you never even thought to dream of or imagine. The excessive attention to detail on every level - from service and themes, to landscaping and variety offered- it is just mind boggling...and while we pay a higher price tag for all of it- I think we'd all agree that worth the cost.

harveyt0206

So much to do and see and experience. Hubby and I were just discussing how Disney is actually a really great value for pure entertainment. I can't even begin the imagine how much money it costs to put on a fireworks display every single night, plus the parades, attractions, personnel to staff everything.....the list goes on and on. Plus, their resorts are amazing in my opinion. I love the all inclusiveness of going to Disney.

It's simply magical. I drank the Disney Kool-Aid at a very young age. The love is part of my DNA now.

Timekeeper

One of the reasons for Disney's success is that they were first-to-market with the kind of "product" that they were offering. Sure, there were various amusement parks before Disneyland, but Disney combined a number of ingredients to create something that was basically "new."

Just look at the success of Apple's iPod and iPhone. Apple was first-to-market on a number of features, design styles, user interface, etc. And just look at all the "copycats" that followed. Sure, you've got some Evo and Droid fans who swear by the superior features of their phones, higher megapixel cameras, etc. But die hard Apple fans are of an entirely different breed. There are plenty of thigh-enhancing exercise devices out there, but we all remember the Thigh Master.

If Disney (parks) did not open until today, for example, and the other competitors parks were already in existence, it would not be nearly as successful or competitive. [I'm sure the Disney die-hards will argue with me on that point.] The Disney name has established a tremendous amount of consumer goodwill over the decades. That's something that no newer theme park can compete with.

mp2bill

They are tops because they drastically exceed expectations on every level you could imagine and all of the ones you never even thought to dream of or imagine. The excessive attention to detail on every level - from service and themes, to landscaping and variety offered- it is just mind boggling...and while we pay a higher price tag for all of it- I think we'd all agree that worth the cost.

Ditto!

Lisalyn

Well Disney is obviously magical. Where else can you get as much enjoyment in planning the trip as you do in actually taking the trip - from the many resorts, to the many different CM's from all around the World, from the little things Disney does to make you feel special to something for everyone no matter where you are in Disney....that's what makes it extra special to me. That and the looks on my daughter's face every time she experiences something new and different!

TimNRA757

So much to do and see and experience. Hubby and I were just discussing how Disney is actually a really great value for pure entertainment. I can't even begin the imagine how much money it costs to put on a fireworks display every single night, plus the parades, attractions, personnel to staff everything.....the list goes on and on. Plus, their resorts are amazing in my opinion. I love the all inclusiveness of going to Disney.

It's simply magical. I drank the Disney Kool-Aid at a very young age. The love is part of my DNA now.
You said almost everything that comes to my mind when people talk about cost @ WDW. Theme parks that offer far less still charge close to Disney rates. When you look at all they do for you, I would say it's a bargain. those bus and boat fleets certainly aren't cheap to run, and there's no direct charge for it. Not to mention all the street sweeping, well manicured lawns as soon as you step on property and just general stuff like that, the cost can add up quicker than one would think...

Disneyfan1981

Disney is the only place where once I'm there I feel 7 again. As soon as I hit the turnstiles every that is with us seems to have that feeling. My brother, wife and I on our last trip were literally running from attraction to attraction and laughing and joking the entire time. That is why I love Disney all the other perks like great hotels, food, etc is all just icing on the cake.

Mukta

So, why do YOU feel it is a cut above the rest?

For me, it is the details. Disney makes sure that from the big attractions, down to a hotel room, there is a theme.
Also, the rides have a story and Audio Animatronics. I can go to Six Flags to find rides, Disney does so much more than that.

and don't you think overall they keep everyone happy? and by everyone I mean people from other cultures, economic status, race, and even religion- they have on site churches and mosques right?
I don't know about all of that. Religion wise, I think they mostly cater to Christians (the majority in this country). I can't imagine they would do something like Night of Joy for other religions. As a Hindu, I don't really expect them to and I am ok with that.
Culturally, I think they do a good job of having maps in many languages and the head sets that explain things in many languages. Multi lingual Cast Members also help out greatly.

krisrunsdisney

Everytime we go, as soon as we touch Disney property it's like whatever weight of the world we were dealing with is magically gone. We take a deep breath, cross under the Welcome sign and all is right with the world again. We check into the room, where almost every detail is perfect, and we are happy. Disney has gone out of its way to see to the details. The music everywhere, the smells, the art, the fun! Other parks try to do the same but they haven't figured it all out. And yes, the castmembers are amazing for the most part. It's rare that we have a bad CM experience.

And we never have the same experience twice. Every time we go it's something new. Nothing is ever the same, even if it looks the same on the outside.

Walt was a genius! He did manage to create a place where families could be together, sharing fun times and building lifelong memories. He knew what was important, every last detail, and he made it so. He set the standard.

Hrudey3032

Disney is the only place where once I'm there I feel 7 again. As soon as I hit the turnstiles every that is with us seems to have that feeling. My brother, wife and I on our last trip were literally running from attraction to attraction and laughing and joking the entire time. That is why I love Disney all the other perks like great hotels, food, etc is all just icing on the cake.

I could not have said it any better myself. The reason I love the WDW experience so much is because I enjoy feeling like i am kid again.

How many megalithic companies can say their patrons and their families adore and respect their product like we do about Disney?? As long as Disney can preserve that trust and bond they will always be the best vacation spot for me!! I think our country is again realizing that family values need to be the foundation, and then build the fun on top.

:) Yes.

cowanfamily

Beautiful landscaping, background music, air conditioning while waiting in line at attractions, parades, fireworks, photopass, monorails, heated pools, dining plan, Disney busses, fastpass, the shows, Main St. USA, Dole Whips and The Mouse!

NYwdwfan

Definitely the attention to detail - in every aspect. There's no litter on the streets, the cast members are always to happy (and it's contagious!), the Magical Express makes the happy feeling start the second you arrive in Orlando - you are immersed in a fantasyworld and there is NO vacation that can do that like Disney. There a woman at the opening of the Travel Channel special (that they have been running since 2002 - please make a new one soon!!) that says, "I cry when I arrive and I cry when I leave". SO TRUE - even my husband got misty eyed last time we went and walked into MK with the Celebrate a Dream Come true parade just starting!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom