Disney Freaks!

Mickey is King

Original Poster
For me, it is the details. Disney makes sure that from the big attractions, down to a hotel room, there is a theme.
Also, the rides have a story and Audio Animatronics. I can go to Six Flags to find rides, Disney does so much more than that.

I don't know about all of that. Religion wise, I think they mostly cater to Christians (the majority in this country). I can't imagine they would do something like Night of Joy for other religions. As a Hindu, I don't really expect them to and I am ok with that.
Culturally, I think they do a good job of having maps in many languages and the head sets that explain things in many languages. Multi lingual Cast Members also help out greatly.

I agree they do lean tward Christianity, but in this country you almost can't avoid that. Hindu really? interesting. I don't favor any one religion,and don't call myself a christian. I think the universal message is clear from all religions, and more or less the same.
Basically boiled down to a fine point: Treat others as you would want to be treated by others.

ThinkTink721

From the beginning of Walt Disney's career, he was always so innovative & creative.
He wanted to be the best at everything, if not the first & the best.
I like the fact that Disney still tries to look at what Walt would do.
In fact, that is why his brother Roy insisted on naming WDW - Walt Disney World - instead of just Disney World - so that everyone would remember that his brother was the creator of the Disney dynasty.

Erin_Akey

Disney just has the whole package. If you like thrill rides- gotcha covered
Easy rides- gotcha covered, Broadway style shows- gotcha covered, good food- gotcha covered, great wine and cocktails and beer- gotcha covered.

There is something for everyone. This is one place where my whole family can go and BOND and be silly together and not worry about work deadlines, national politics, and the other daily concerns of life.

I can park my car, check in, and be treated like royalty for a few days and do and be anything I want. I actually wrote 1/3 of my last book sitting by the pool at a Disney resort. My hubby and I have had some of our most romantic experiences on Disney property starting with our honeymoon. My family has bonded more in Disney parks than anywhere else.

SO MANY of our great memories take place at Disney. It is just a wonderful, fun, silly, magical place. I adore it and sometimes get frustrated when i hear some of the nitpicky comments and complaints. No place will ever be perfect because we as humans are not perfect, but Disney goes out of their way to give my family great rides, entertainment, food, and memories and for us this will ALWAYS be our vacation destination.

We still take a cruise yearly etc., but ALWAYS come back to Disney and always will. (At least for the next 50 years...lol)

It is our fun place......:sohappy:

Everytime we go, as soon as we touch Disney property it's like whatever weight of the world we were dealing with is magically gone. We take a deep breath, cross under the Welcome sign and all is right with the world again. We check into the room, where almost every detail is perfect, and we are happy. Disney has gone out of its way to see to the details. The music everywhere, the smells, the art, the fun! Other parks try to do the same but they haven't figured it all out. And yes, the castmembers are amazing for the most part. It's rare that we have a bad CM experience.

And we never have the same experience twice. Every time we go it's something new. Nothing is ever the same, even if it looks the same on the outside.

Walt was a genius! He did manage to create a place where families could be together, sharing fun times and building lifelong memories. He knew what was important, every last detail, and he made it so. He set the standard.

we feel the very same way...it's so strange, but as soon as we hit the property the regular world disappears.
My son recently asked me how they keep the grounds "so pretty and healthy"? I told him they have a lot of gardeners to take care of it and he asked "when do they take care of it? I never see anybody" ahhh...the magic of disney.:)

zweltar

It is one of the only places I can go to escape the "real world." When I'm at Disney, I forget about all the stress and responsibilities of home and just enjoy myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom