Disney Food Is Expensive and Worse Than Ever

Imhere

It is a theme park catering to masses. Expecting it to rise beyond Long Horn Steakhouse levels is optimistic
Actually, I used to eat lunch at Long Horn 3 or 4 times a week. It was next door to our office and we called it the 'company cafeteria.'

Years ago I would order all my steaks well done. Long Horn was the only place I could go that served it well done and it was still moist and flavorful.

I have had a few more enjoyable steak dinners at Long Horn than at Ruth's Chris.

Hockey89

Actually, I used to eat lunch at Long Horn 3 or 4 times a week. It was next door to our office and we called it the 'company cafeteria.'

Years ago I would order all my steaks well done. Long Horn was the only place I could go that served it well done and it was still moist and flavorful.

I have had a few more enjoyable steak dinners at Long Horn than at Ruth's Chris.
No offense but no one is going to take food advice from someone that gets well done steaks and likes the longhorn over Ruth Chris.

Phonedave

The BK where I live doesn't hold fries for 7 min . Might be operating guidelines but not happening.

Still, just ask for a fresh batch.

It is the same thing when somebody goes into a restaurant and says something like "I am allergic to mushrooms" when in reality they just don't like mushrooms.

Saying you don't like mushrooms means they may pull them out of something, or not add them to a dish, where when you say you are allergic, they need to use new pans, utensils, decontaminate work surfaces, etc. in order to avoid any cross contamination and an allergic reaction.

My wife cannot eat mushrooms - they will send her to the bathroom. Not at all life threating, and a small piece is not going to do anything if it finds its way in. She explains this to the wait staff so they can tell the kitchen there is no need to go DEFCON 5 on the prep surfaces - just leave out any mushrooms, and if it was something like braised with mushroom, then she will not order it.

MaryJaneP

Okay, this is not really a challenge to see how badly WDW could screw it up (because everyone know they could do so in a spectacular way), but what are the thoughts on changing TONY's in MK to a Coco-based Taco/Burrito Mexican Place? Too bad there is no place for the dogs to share a spaghetti noodle. Cry me a river.

UNCgolf

Okay, this is not really a challenge to see how badly WDW could screw it up (because everyone know they could do so in a spectacular way), but what are the thoughts on changing TONY's in MK to a Coco-based Taco/Burrito Mexican Place? Too bad there is no place for the dogs to share a spaghetti noodle. Cry me a river.

I think it'd be hard to make that fit the early 20th century main street theme.

CAV

Forget this. Im still mad they ended breakfast service 20 years ago!!!! I miss the cinnamon roll appetizer. And, its the only place/time I would eat marinara sauce on eggs.

UNCgolf

Or even worse...did he use ketchup!! 🤮

I was eating at a very nice steakhouse a couple of months ago and heard a guy at a nearby table ask if they had ketchup and mustard. Ketchup on a steak is bad enough, but mustard??

The steakhouse did not have ketchup or mustard for him.

Lilofan

I was eating at a very nice steakhouse a couple of months ago and heard a guy at a nearby table ask if they had ketchup and mustard. Ketchup on a steak is bad enough, but mustard??

Not for steak but my time living in Winston Salem , loved Carolina mustard sauce on BBQ, actually an SC thing and no mustard or ketchup needed eating SC hash.

Prince-1

Good for the restaurant.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Let me confirm for everyone...Be Our Guest is absolutely terrible, worse than ever.

The potato leek soup is really bad. Too salty, weird presentation, not hot enough.

The steak was somewhat tough, flavorless and barely warm.

The pork was chewy.

Dessert is meh.

$125 for 2 with annual pass discount. A true failure and will never return.

AMartin7777

Obviously I’m a space 220 fan but I would recommend trying the lounge first to see how you like it and you aren’t forced to order so much there. Il Mulino at Swan and Blue Zoo at the dolphin are great picks too. I always enjoy Beaches and Cream at The beach club. Steakhouse 71 is great. At skippers the appetizers are really good, the cachapas, fried rice, and falafel are great
Forced to order? Are you saying I can't have a table reservation at 220 and only order drinks?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
There are three option
Forced to order? Are you saying I can't have a table reservation at 220 and only order drinks?

There are three dining options at Space 220, two which you can reserve in advance (aka table service ADRs):
The Bar is Walk up waiting list only. You can choose to order off the ala carte menu aka "Flight Bites" or Fixed Price menu 10 seats total
Lounge You can choose to order off the ala carte menu aka "Flight Bites" and drinks or Fixed Price menu, 15 Tables total
Restaurant section is Fixed Price menu only but you can add extras. 50 Tables total

If you're going just to look and see, IMHO it's not worth the time, a one-and-done. Now if you like great food, currently the Patina group is doing a great job with a quality product. The drinks are so-so by themselves, If you want a drink spectacular, La Cava does a better job.

dave mi

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom