Disney Food Is Expensive and Worse Than Ever

Andrew25

???? you mean for 4 correct?? I mean we just had lunch at cosmic rays. some cheeseburgers that ran us 13 bucks a piece, and we got 2 sides of fries and 3 drinks. think it came to 65 bucks. Pretty much what it would cost me if I was in times square NYC.
lol, I do always ask for "fresh french fries" though. learned that trick from working at McDonalds as a teen. After sitting under a heat lamp fries are the worst.

Now I'm not a food snob. chicken nuggets are chicken nuggets, they're pretty much all processed chicken in a bread batter. looking at the menu for cosmic rays, you can get an order of 4 chicken strips with fries for 10 bucks. that's pretty standard in my neck of the woods

Disney chicken tenders/nuggets are quite good and not as outrageous in pricing as we think quick service at the parks are.

Price Comparisons (no drink, just fries+4 pc. tenders):
Cosmic Ray's - $10.29
Chik-fil-a - $8.80
Huey Magoo's - $8.99 (for 3 pieces)

And of those 3, Cosmic Rays are surprisingly the best.

very bored at work today

UNCgolf

Disney chicken tenders/nuggets are quite good and not as outrageous in pricing as we think quick service at the parks are.

Cosmic Ray's - $10.29
Chik-fil-a - $8.80

very bored at work today

Wait, you think Disney chicken tenders are better than Chick-fil-a nuggets? Chick-fil-a has the best chicken nuggets anywhere.

EDIT: Well, sometimes. Chick-fil-a nuggets are still the best available anywhere when they're at their best, but the quality varies far more than it used to. 15-20 years ago they were consistently excellent, but now it's hit or miss so I guess I see your point.

eliza61nyc

The way I get my fries fried fresh I ask for an order with no salt. The Burger King staff member is forced to fry a batch just for me. Then when I get my fresh hot fries I ask for a couple of salt packets.
Lol hey @Lilofan my 16 year old neice said Wendy's has caught onto that trick, she's has her first job!! Shes the fry girl😉 says now they dont add salt to their fries. Darn it.

Lol she's also mad because they wont let her have her phone on the "floor" but thats a whole 'nother thread😅

Now I want fries!!

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

Cosmic Ray's - $10.29
Chik-fil-a - $8.80

very bored at work today
And see in my mind, that's not a crazy markup.
Disclaimer: as I always say , I live in high as heck Philadelphia and raised in worst than that NYC. My concept of reality is seriously skewed. 😃

Smugpugmug

In general, I find the majority of food at WDW to be in a range from good to mediocre. The only restaurant that I think is REALLY bad and should be avoided at all costs is Tony's Town Square. MK in general has mediocre table service and I don't bother going to any of them. I'm also in the camp of not liking Ohana. I've always had a bad meal there and will never go back. Quick service is what it is. I know it'll be meh and very overpriced but you can find decent places. Sleepy Hollow in MK and ABC Commissary in HS are good for what they are. I think the quick service at Universal (in the parks, not Citywalk) is WAY worse so I can't complain too much about it at WDW.

In terms of table service, my favorites are Jiko, Sanaa, Homecoming and Jaleo.

TQQQ

In general, I find the majority of food at WDW to be in a range from good to mediocre. The only restaurant that I think is REALLY bad and should be avoided at all costs is Tony's Town Square. MK in general has mediocre table service and I don't bother going to any of them. I'm also in the camp of not liking Ohana. I've always had a bad meal there and will never go back. Quick service is what it is. I know it'll be meh and very overpriced but you can find decent places. Sleepy Hollow in MK and ABC Commissary in HS are good for what they are. I think the quick service at Universal (in the parks, not Citywalk) is WAY worse so I can't complain too much about it at WDW.

In terms of table service, my favorites are Jiko, Sanaa, Homecoming and Jaleo.
we went to Tonys last visit and it was decent i thought, borderline good.......Tony's got a bad rap (rightfully so i might add) but they have def improved it over the last couple years

Lilofan

Cosmic Ray's - $10.29
Chik-fil-a - $8.80

very bored at work today
Eat at Golden Corral buffet at Celebration $12 , belly full then go to the parks.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Wait, you think Disney chicken tenders are better than Chick-fil-a nuggets? Chick-fil-a has the best chicken nuggets anywhere.

EDIT: Well, sometimes. Chick-fil-a nuggets are still the best available anywhere when they're at their best, but the quality varies far more than it used to. 15-20 years ago they were consistently excellent, but now it's hit or miss so I guess I see your point.
Hot take...Chik-Fil-A is overrated. The reasoning is the quality has decreased over time and it's chicken tenders/nuggets are easy to duplicate for anyone willing to try. The prices at Chik-Fil-A are also out of control lately. I get a salad with my chicken and will pay $15 for a meal there.

Disney's tenders aren't bad.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
we went to Tonys last visit and it was decent i thought, borderline good.......Tony's got a bad rap (rightfully so i might add) but they have def improved it over the last couple years
I literally had a bad meal every time I went to Tony's, so I haven't gone back in probably 5 years. Has it actually improved to respectable? Mama Melrose is my go to for a cheaper table service with decent food for the money.

Smugpugmug

I've always had an awful meal there so I vowed to never go back. There are better places to get Italian food on property anyway. I'm glad they're making changes but I don't think I have any interest in returning. I feel the same about Maya Grill. I had a horrendously bad meal there once and will never go back despite hearing that it's fine now.

UNCgolf

Hot take...Chik-Fil-A is overrated. The reasoning is the quality has decreased over time and it's chicken tenders/nuggets are easy to duplicate for anyone willing to try. The prices at Chik-Fil-A are also out of control lately. I get a salad with my chicken and will pay $15 for a meal there.

Disney's tenders aren't bad.

I kind of agree, which I was alluding to in my edit.

15-20 years ago Chick-Fil-A was consistently excellent. It is not anymore -- I've only been a couple of times in the past few months and neither meal was especially good.

TQQQ

I've always had an awful meal there so I vowed to never go back. There are better places to get Italian food on property anyway. I'm glad they're making changes but I don't think I have any interest in returning. I feel the same about Maya Grill. I had a horrendously bad meal there once and will never go back despite hearing that it's fine now.
It’s not that there’s better Italian food, of course there is. It’s that there are not a lot of decent places to eat in MK I always try to book sit down lunch when we go when it’s hot so we can take a break indoors in the a/c and recharge and last trip was last minute and Tony’s was the only thing available. Maybe it’s because we had low expectations? All that being said, it was not too bad and we would go back.

Phonedave

The way I get my fries fried fresh I ask for an order with no salt. The Burger King staff member is forced to fry a batch just for me. Then when I get my fresh hot fries I ask for a couple of salt packets.

Please do not do this.

First of all, the hold time for fries at Burger King is 7 minutes. So it's not like you are getting anything much better.

Second, when you say "no salt" they treat it like you have a salt issue (such as high blood pressure) and the clean the whole thing so that there is no salt in the dump bin - a royal pain.

If you really want "fresh" fries (straight from the freezer) just ask for them.

Lilofan

Please do not do this.

First of all, the hold time for fries at Burger King is 7 minutes. So it's not like you are getting anything much better.

Second, when you say "no salt" they treat it like you have a salt issue (such as high blood pressure) and the clean the whole thing so that there is no salt in the dump bin - a royal pain.

If you really want "fresh" fries (straight from the freezer) just ask for them.
The BK where I live doesn't hold fries for 7 min . Might be operating guidelines but not happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom