Disney Food Is Expensive and Worse Than Ever

Jon81uk

We did. Had 2 very enjoyable days. Free parking too and passes honoured that were bought in 2019 (unlike Disney).

The 5% is clearly stated on the price boards.
Yes but why didn’t they just increase the prices given the board were reprinted anyway. But the increases were higher than Disney and more noticeable in my opinion.
Although I had UK tickets including all day dining for a good price so it didn’t affect me much and we also had enjoyable days at Seaworld and Busch Gardens, but if we did then then I expect I would have been looking to find the best value meals available.

MickeyLuv'r

Found hair in my food twice at Liberty Tree, so it's turned me off. Flame Tree is the best QS at Disney, agreed! I liked the Ronto Wraps. Got diahrrea at Pecos a while back and haven't worked up the courage to return, LOL.

I've never liked 'Ohana.

I'm also going to try Space 220 if I can get a reservation.
Our more recent meals at 'Ohana have all been very underwhelming.

We used to do more TS and even a few signature meals, but have tended more QS as of late.

Among our better meals last visit was Docking Bay 7.

We also thought the food at the new deli was decent enough. A limited menu, but the sandwiches were decent.

I would not say it is anything exceptional, but we got carry out from Miller's Ale House and it was ready for pickup when we arrived. Just basic pub food, but not bad for the price.

We had a so-so streak from Steakhouse 71.

The airline chicken at Kona is pretty good. It comes with rice and steamed bok choy. That is the best vegetable I've had at WDW in a while.

MickeyLuv'r

Don’t go to Seaworld then, they have gone up even further and added another 5% plus the quality is even worse and Seaworld has always been poor quality food.
I didn’t do Disney on our most recent trip but from what I’ve seen they are the cheapest of the theme parks for food and drink.
We find the food at US to be a bit of a better deal for what we get.

UNCgolf

We find the food at US to be a bit of a better deal for what we get.

That's interesting -- has the food there improved recently?

I'm not high on Disney food for the most part, but it's light years better than the food was at Universal last time I was there (2017). Every meal we ate in the parks was awful and almost inedible (the food from the Simpsons area actually was inedible and we ended up throwing it away). Of course we didn't come close to eating at every in-park option at Universal, but what we did have was so bad that I'd be wary of eating at any in-park location again.

There was some pretty good food at CityWalk, though.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
That's interesting -- has the food there improved recently?

I'm not high on Disney food for the most part, but it's light years better than the food was at Universal last time I was there (2017). Every meal we ate in the parks was awful and almost inedible (the food from the Simpsons area actually was inedible and we ended up throwing it away). Of course we didn't come close to eating at every in-park option at Universal, but what we did have was so bad that I'd be wary of eating at any in-park location again.

There was some pretty good food at CityWalk, though.
I think the food has become worse though, for sure.

Club Cooloholic

This is kind of my point. I don't care about cost when it's good food. I'll pay and I'll pay the Disney premium on top of that. Just deliver the experience.

I absolutely despise the lazy "vegetable medley" that is always just squash, carrots, zucchini, etc practically boiling in a sauetee pan. Rice needs to be treated with respect too and seasoned or it becomes soggy and bland.
It is a theme park catering to masses. Expecting it to rise beyond Long Horn Steakhouse levels is optimistic

Andrew25

Disney Quick Service at Satu'li, Flame Tree, Regal Eagle and Docking Bay is unmatched in quality and pricing - I pay less here for a solid meal versus some "regular" places like Chipotle.
Universal has horrible quick service options, but the best table service options with no need for the hassle of advanced reservations.

I have the benefit of heading over to Satu'li/Flame Tree as a local for dinner and being much happier eating there than some of the other overpriced local restaurants that aren't as efficient and high in quality.

Universal has horrendous quality and operations (waited 45 minutes for a burger sitting under a heat lamp since they refuse to hire more than 1 team member to take orders)
SeaWorld is a joke with their quality and pricing lol

Chi84

Premium Member
Get some processed chicken, and apply a cheap bargain based batter to it. That will be $50. The fries taste like paper.

They offer ketchup to mask any taste.
I definitely wouldn’t pay $50 for that! Their burgers and fries aren’t supposed to be that good either. But we generally get some really good quality food at the quick serves in WDW.

Last trip we had fresh, reasonably priced food in Epcot at the outdoor place in Mexico. Also Satu’li and Nomad Lounge in AK and ABC Commissary in HS (shrimp tacos and a Mediterranean salad - around $13 each). Everything was pretty good; much more variety than other theme parks.

DonniePeverley

Nonsense, even the food and wine festival at Epcot this year was pretentious nonsense. The bare minimum you expect is for food to be warm to eat. I got cold mass produced nonsense literally everywhere i went.

James J

In the Parks
No
Nonsense, even the food and wine festival at Epcot this year was pretentious nonsense. The bare minimum you expect is for food to be warm to eat. I got cold mass produced nonsense literally everywhere i went.
Could you provide us with a list of 'literally everywhere' you went? As this doesn't reflect the majority of my experience with the QS or Flower and Garden booths I went to back in May in the slightest.

TQQQ

Id say all the meals we eat are good to excellent.........Cal Grill, Via Napoli, Yachtsman, Topolinos, Raglan Road, Boathouse, Jiko...........

I think you have a problem with expectations........If you eat fast food, whether its Mcdonalds or a quick service WDW place, and you expect good food, thats your fault

We eat at the good places and for the vast majority of the time, it doesnt disappoint

eliza61nyc

Get some processed chicken, and apply a cheap bargain based batter to it. That will be $50. The fries taste like paper.

They offer ketchup to mask any taste.
???? you mean for 4 correct?? I mean we just had lunch at cosmic rays. some cheeseburgers that ran us 13 bucks a piece, and we got 2 sides of fries and 3 drinks. think it came to 65 bucks. Pretty much what it would cost me if I was in times square NYC.
lol, I do always ask for "fresh french fries" though. learned that trick from working at McDonalds as a teen. After sitting under a heat lamp fries are the worst.

Now I'm not a food snob. chicken nuggets are chicken nuggets, they're pretty much all processed chicken in a bread batter. looking at the menu for cosmic rays, you can get an order of 4 chicken strips with fries for 10 bucks. that's pretty standard in my neck of the woods

Lilofan

???? you mean for 4 correct?? I mean we just had lunch at cosmic rays. some cheeseburgers that ran us 13 bucks a piece, and we got 2 sides of fries and 3 drinks. think it came to 65 bucks. Pretty much what it would cost me if I was in times square NYC.
lol, I do always ask for "fresh french fries" though. learned that trick from working at McDonalds as a teen. After sitting under a heat lamp fries are the worst.

Now I'm not a food snob. chicken nuggets are chicken nuggets, they're pretty much all processed chicken in a bread batter. looking at the menu for cosmic rays, you can get an order of 4 chicken strips with fries for 10 bucks. that's pretty standard in my neck of the woods
The way I get my fries fried fresh I ask for an order with no salt. The Burger King staff member is forced to fry a batch just for me. Then when I get my fresh hot fries I ask for a couple of salt packets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom