Disney Fever

yeti

Original Poster
Now people, please don't call me crazy for posting this.

As I was running the other day, I couldn't help but notice so many familliar smells I remember from the rides and attractions of WDW, especially Maelstrom and Splash Mountain. I posted this thread just to see if there are any other disney fanatics who have the "Disney Fever".

If you don't, however, just take this loyal advice from a familliar, thumping aquaintance of mine: :lookaroun

"If you can't say somethin nice, don't say anythin at all.." :)

Heatherbell

Ok, so weird that you posted this....this morning my daughter had her tonsils out, as we were walking through the lobby of the hospital to leave I thought to myself, "Wow, this smells like the lobby of All Star Sports". I was going to share it with my husband but there were too many people around, haha!!!

I've got Disney fever bad!

Since1976

I'm sure I've posted this tidbit on this forum before, but what the heck...

I wear a new deodorant during every trip to WDW. That way, once I'm back in "reality", I am transported back to the World every time I wear that fragrance!

Sound weird? Not really! Smell is apparently the sense which is tied most closely to memory.

ThinkTink721

My entire family has it bad...
My kids are now seeing "hidden Mickeys" everywhere!
I find myself looking for them in every Disney movie I watch! :lookaroun

wdwmomof3

I have the fever and so does my son. We were on our way to pick up my daughter and he saw a truck with a Mickey on the antenna. I almost had a wreck trying to see what he was talking about. We see hidden Mickeys in everything from cereal to clouds.

I haven't had a smell that has taken be back to Disney days yet but maybe one day. I think that's neat when it happens. :)

Disneybub

I wear a new deodorant during every trip to WDW. That way, once I'm back in "reality", I am transported back to the World every time I wear that fragrance!

Sound weird? Not really! Smell is apparently the sense which is tied most closely to memory.

No its not at all wierd! my dad wears the same aftershave when we are away, so if hes having a bad day or is feeling down he puts i on, lol.

Glad im not on my own with the smells thing though!! x

DisneyGigi

Isn't it funny how a smell can do that?? Jog a memory like it does.

I do the same thing with lotion Sweet Pea from Bath & Body works always makes me think of my DL trip.

I love the smell of the monorail ... bet that sounds really weird but I know I am there when I smell that smell:ROFLOL:

lilclerk

I've probably told this story here before, but one night last summer, my boyfriend and I went for a walk in a very nice neighborhood by the ocean. We walked by a beautiful house with an enormous flower garden, and the smell of the flowers immediately made me think of Florida and WDW. I almost cried because I wanted to go so badly. We took our first trip together a few months later =)

cb3k

Like I have mentioned in other posts, I go to college in Florida but am doing an internship out in Houston. It is so crazy, everytime I walk through the Galleria Mall (on my lunch break), they have this conference room, and when the doors open and the air comes out it reminds me of American Adventure...but the most "memory jogging" thing is the smell, it smells JUST LIKE THE CONTEMPORARY when u get off the monorail. I think the feeling of the air and smell really throw me off, but I get really home sick nearly every day.

MrsGracey

My daughter and I love the smell that comes out of the Mexico Pavilion. A mix of chlorine and food I guess. :shrug: Whatever it is, we love it. :D

As I'm baking I'm talking to my boyfriend of how I can't wait to have the Cinderella Castle Cake in Narcoossee's, I look at the egg I just cracked and it made me want to cry because I can't wait to go!!!!!

P8100023.jpg

mouselvrmom

I think we all have the fever around here! It seems to be contagious!

My husband, who is a disney convert- I converted him after marriage, was just telling me the other day that something he smelled reminded him of disney and made him want to go back! Bless his little heart!

He thinks I'm crazy for going on here all the time, but he checks the dvc member site every day to check how many days we have until our next trip. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom