News Disney Explores Amazon Prime-Like Membership Program to Offer Discounts and Perks

Vegas Disney Fan

Not sure if you’re joking but could see one “benefit” of this is Disney Prime members get advanced reservation options or something
I suspect a small hardcore faction of their fandom would pay for this, but the mainstream will not.

My first thought when hearing about this new offering was Club RunDisney, when it was first introduced I thought there was no way anyone would buy it because it was so obscenely overpriced for what you get… then it sold out.

For the ultra low silver annual price of $265 you get a club jacket, club magnet, club card, and a medal.

For the low low gold annual price of $530 you get all the silver benefits plus a member pin, one guaranteed entry to BUY all the races (no discount), and early entry into the expo (no discount).

For the low platinum annual price of $850 you get all the gold benefits plus the opportunity to BUY 2 entry’s per race (no discount) and upgraded corral placement.

So, no discounts at all, just some cheap swag and the guarantee you’ll get to BUY full price entry’s without the risk they sell out before you can give Disney your money.

I’ll be shocked if this “membership” isn’t similar. For the low price of hundreds of dollars a year you’ll get some cheap swag and the opportunity to BUY full priced tickets, BUY full price merchandise, and make reservations before the general public can.

Tom P.

And this is my point…this is the hill you’re camped out on, huh?

Robber baron tactics are “no problem”…but not adhering to the “ideals” of the dead or soon to be dead is just out of bounds?

I’ll move along now.
No, the hill I am camped out on is that I do not believe you are, nor ever have been, a Disney fan.

As to your other point, let me make it simple and clear: I think Disney parks are still great and tons of fun. I think Disney's corporate "values" are shameful and disgusting. That clear enough?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No, the hill I am camped out on is that I do not believe you are, nor ever have been, a Disney fan.

As to your other point, let me make it simple and clear: I think Disney parks are still great and tons of fun. I think Disney's corporate "values" are shameful and disgusting. That clear enough?
1. Wrong (want to compare “scars”?)

2. That depends on “values” to which you speak.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My first thought when hearing about this new offering was Club RunDisney, when it was first introduced I thought there was no way anyone would buy it because it was so obscenely overpriced for what you get… then it sold out.

For the ultra low silver annual price of $265 you get a club jacket, club magnet, club card, and a medal.

For the low low gold annual price of $530 you get all the silver benefits plus a member pin, one guaranteed entry to BUY all the races (no discount), and early entry into the expo (no discount).

For the low platinum annual price of $850 you get all the gold benefits plus the opportunity to BUY 2 entry’s per race (no discount) and upgraded corral placement.

So, no discounts at all, just some cheap swag and the guarantee you’ll get to BUY full price entry’s without the risk they sell out before you can give Disney your money.

I’ll be shocked if this “membership” isn’t similar. For the low price of hundreds of dollars a year you’ll get some cheap swag and the opportunity to BUY full priced tickets, BUY full price merchandise, and make reservations before the general public can.
The difference here is they are promising their overlords large numbers and “limitless” potential

cranbiz

Disney's US parks are not what they used to be. They once were the best, they are now just a step above 6 Flags now. They are still tons of fun but they are no where at the level of the Disney of old. Guest satisfaction used to be priority, now guest wallets are the priority. Good show used to mean something, now good show is lip service.

I loved Disney so much that I was a CM for 5 years when I lived in FL. Now, I'm not sure I want to go back and I left with a rehire status.

UNCgolf

Disney's US parks are not what they used to be. They once were the best, they are now just a step above 6 Flags now. They are still tons of fun but they are no where at the level of the Disney of old. Guest satisfaction used to be priority, now guest wallets are the priority. Good show used to mean something, now good show is lip service.

I loved Disney so much that I was a CM for 5 years when I lived in FL. Now, I'm not sure I want to go back and I left with a rehire status.

While I completely agree that WDW is a shell of what it was 30 years ago in most ways, saying it's just a step above Six Flags is too hyperbolic.

cranbiz

While I completely agree that WDW is a shell of what it was 30 years ago in most ways, saying it's just a step above Six Flags is too hyperbolic.
Well, they are below Universal, Cedar Fair's parks and Seaworld. That doesn't leave too many above them. OK, maybe Six Flags is a bit of a stretch but it's painfully clear that milking the cash cow's is job #1 and guest experience is buried in the swampland in FL.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well, they are below Universal, Cedar Fair's parks and Seaworld.
f0643aaa-fecd-4a56-a125-d106f807f773_text.gif

Kamikaze

Well, they are below Universal, Cedar Fair's parks and Seaworld. That doesn't leave too many above them. OK, maybe Six Flags is a bit of a stretch but it's painfully clear that milking the cash cow's is job #1 and guest experience is buried in the swampland in FL.
I love (most) CF parks and SeaWorld, but to say Disney is below them is just silliness. Universal will always be debatable.

Vegas Disney Fan

I love (most) CF parks and SeaWorld, but to say Disney is below them is just silliness. Universal will always be debatable.
I agree but it’s a lot closer than it used to be. A decade ago Disney was a 10, Universal a 7, Sea World/cedar Fair a 5, Six Flags a 4, etc.

Now Disney has fallen to an 8, Universals improved to an 8, Sea World/Cedar fair remain a 5, and Six Flags has fallen to a 3.

Give it another decade at this rate and Uni will be a 9, Disney a 7, and the rest nipping at its heals.

erasure fan1

And I really truly do believe that the same group of people would never be pleased with anything Disney did, because they *want* to be mad at Disney.
Yea I don't buy it. Disney gets plenty of praise when they do things right. Things like Pandora and flight of passage, rise of the resistance... All well liked by most on these boards. Personally I think the vast majority of the criticism of the parks is well warranted.

I know I've been a Debbie downer for the last few years. I was as big of a defender of Disney as there was. But I have to call a spade a spade. My vacation isn't free. So when costs go up, and they go up well above inflation. I just can't forgive them for giving me a lesser experience. Of course you can still have a good time at the parks. A bad day at Disney is better than my job for sure. But I think it's a bit unfair to say people aren't fans because they criticize Disneys decisions.

I've said this many times before.

It wasn't me that set my expectations for what the Disney experience was. It was Disney. They set the Disney standard that my family and I fell in love with.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yea I don't buy it. Disney gets plenty of praise when they do things right. Things like Pandora and flight of passage, rise of the resistance... All well liked by most on these boards. Personally I think the vast majority of the criticism of the parks is well warranted.

I know I've been a Debbie downer for the last few years. I was as big of a defender of Disney as there was. But I have to call a spade a spade. My vacation isn't free. So when costs go up, and they go up well above inflation. I just can't forgive them for giving me a lesser experience. Of course you can still have a good time at the parks. A bad day at Disney is better than my job for sure. But I think it's a bit unfair to say people aren't fans because they criticize Disneys decisions.

I've said this many times before.

It wasn't me that set my expectations for what the Disney experience was. It was Disney. They set the Disney standard that my family and I fell in love with.
Being a discerning consumer is “taboo” when it comes to the D these days…you gotta be all in 🤪

Vegas Disney Fan

This is how we feel.

We still love WDW and it’s still our primary reason for going to Florida but our next FL trip we are spending 5 days in WDW, 4 days on a Disney cruise, and 2 days at Uni. We are spending thousands more than our average FL trip but this will be the first time WDW will not make up the majority of the vacation, this change has nothing to do with prices and everything to do with park changes we feel have made the parks a lessor experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom