News Disney Explores Amazon Prime-Like Membership Program to Offer Discounts and Perks

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Velicoaster probably won’t have had so much hype if it wasn’t Jurassic based.

Veloci could have been a Minions Coaster, a How To Train Your Dragon Coaster (which by the way is rumored to be a Hagrid’s Lite) or even a Spongebob Coaster. Heck even a Cat In The Hat Coaster.

It would get the hype because it’s that good.

erasure fan1

Veloci could have been a Minions Coaster, a How To Train Your Dragon Coaster (which by the way is rumored to be a Hagrid’s Lite) or even a Spongebob Coaster. Heck even a Cat In The Hat Coaster.

It would get the hype because it’s that good.
I agree. A good ride is a good ride no matter the ip. Just look at flight of passage. The ip was really not a big draw. They built a great ride and now that is the draw. Not the ip.

UNCgolf

I agree. A good ride is a good ride no matter the ip. Just look at flight of passage. The ip was really not a big draw. They built a great ride and now that is the draw. Not the ip.

Especially since the theming for Velocicoaster is relatively minimal.

It's not a ride that interests me, and I preferred the JP area before it existed, but people don't love it because of the JP theming. It's not like the River Adventure where the AA dinosaurs are at least part of the draw.

aaronml

It’s hard for me to imagine any kind of membership program that wouldn’t overlap with / steal benefits from Disney’s various existing programs, particularly APs and DVC.

hopemax

Especially since the theming for Velocicoaster is relatively minimal.

It's not a ride that interests me, and I preferred the JP area before it existed, but people don't love it because of the JP theming. It's not like the River Adventure where the AA dinosaurs are at least part of the draw.
I can't speak for anyone else, but aside from the coaster, which is awesome, I enjoy the pre-show. My favorite bit in the parks, used to be the Minions pre-pre-show when they would talk about the goggles. But since they dropped the 3-D glasses, no more bits. Doesn't stop me from saying the lines where they should be though. Back to Velocicoaster... my new favorite pre-show line is
I say the dinosaurs are dangerous. They say put a roller coaster in the paddock!
It's fun, you have time to watch the whole thing, unlike the Interview bits on GoTG: CR, and gets you in a slightly freaked out, nervous, anticipatory mood, even if the real scares are from the motion of the coaster and not a dinosaur. IMO, it's an effective queue.

zombiebbq

It would have to have some great perks for attendees at the parks for me to even consider. I don't need discounts on anything else Disney related. I'm not holding my breath.

nickys

Premium Member
"Something is coming" has been known since at least February.

"It might be some kind of membership program" is new.
I believe it was DVCNews who wrote about a possibility of an extra tier of membership for DVC perks a few weeks ago. Pay an extra $100 (per membership / contract) for benefits such as advance G+ bookings etc. It was certainly discussed in some places. I’m not sure many thought it was a viable proposition wrt DVC.

CaptainAmerica

I believe it was DVCNews who wrote about a possibility of an extra tier of membership for DVC perks a few weeks ago. Pay an extra $100 (per membership / contract) for benefits such as advance G+ bookings etc. It was certainly discussed in some places. I’m not sure many thought it was a viable proposition wrt DVC.
This has nothing to do with DVC.

Cesar R M

So what are the bets for whats going to happen?

Wouldn't surprise me if they start to tie DVC with the annual passes and only allowing the most expensive passes to general public.
Can you imagine paying a 5,000$ a month subscription that generates DVC points per month and includes Disney+ , Annual pass and discounts on merchandise? D:

nickys

Premium Member
So what are the bets for whats going to happen?

Wouldn't surprise me if they start to tie DVC with the annual passes and only allowing the most expensive passes to general public.
Can you imagine paying a 5,000$ a month subscription that generates DVC points per month and includes Disney+ , Annual pass and discounts on merchandise? D:
What do you mean by “generating DVC points per month”?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Unless they price it like Platinum from the jump.

Then there’ll be Platinum +. Never underestimate Chapek.

7DC09F8A-F495-4218-B673-79B7920BA957.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just one example of how Disney+ is terrible. There is no “restart from beginning” option for a show or movie. You literally have to rewind it like you’re watching a vhs tape from the 1980’s.
On my Roku:
1. Hit the back button (upper left)
2. You're now in the loading screen for that content. Choose continue or restart.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That option is not available on the IOS version of the Disney plus app, or the fire tablet version (you know, 95 percent of the tablets that kids actually use). Here’s what it looks like:

View attachment 664896
Isn't that on touch screen (asking, I don't know). Couldn't one just tap the content progress scroll bar to the beginning?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom