News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Based on yesterday's announcement, I imagine a large part of the show will feature this face:
1629373172045.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
More info from the DPB -

In “Disney Enchantment,” we join dreamers like Tiana, Miguel, Rapunzel, and brothers Ian & Barley from “Onward,” and we set out on an incredible journey with adventurers such as Moana, Raya, and Judy Hopps. Joe Gardner from Disney and Pixar’s “Soul” takes us into “the zone,” where we discover a whimsical world inspired by the style of legendary Disney artist Mary Blair and filled with beloved characters from classic stories like “Beauty and the Beast” and “Alice in Wonderland” to contemporary tales including “Luca” and “Wreck-It Ralph.” Everything builds to a climactic moment, as Tinker Bell takes flight, spreading shimmering gold pixie dust and empowering us all to believe in ourselves and the magic all around us.

“Disney Enchantment” features characters, moments, and music from dozens of Disney and Pixar animated films. The show takes us beyond the ordinary to a land of magic, where we’re swept up in a world of wonder filled with friendship, love and fun. Through it all, we’ll discover we only have to look within to find the power to believe and make dreams come true, because the magic was inside us all along!

New concept art -

u2htgliuy2h6t7uyg3131.jpeg
u2htgliuy2h6t7uyg3132.jpeg

Last edited:

UNCgolf

So......not a "celebration of the Magic Kingdom's 50 year history"? Okay.

That description sounds like they wanted a show that focused heavily on films from the past 10-15 years. The only ones mentioned that aren't recent are Beauty and the Beast and Alice in Wonderland.

That doesn't mean there won't be more, of course, but it definitely seems like the main point of the show is to showcase more recent characters.

And yes, this doesn't seem even remotely connected to the history of the Magic Kingdom or WDW as a whole.

UNCgolf

These new pixar films being included brought my expectations down a notch...

Including a bunch of films/characters that were just released in the last two years seems... odd. Raya and the Last Dragon, Onward, Soul, and Luca are all part of it?

I know I'm cynical, but the amount of recent IP makes me wonder if there was a mandate to include as much recent stuff as possible, for whatever reason.

brb1006

That description sounds like they wanted a show that focused heavily on films from the past 10-15 years. The only ones mentioned that aren't recent are Beauty and the Beast and Alice in Wonderland.

That doesn't mean there won't be more, of course, but it definitely seems like the main point of the show is to showcase more recent characters.

And yes, this doesn't seem even remotely connected to the history of the Magic Kingdom or WDW as a whole.
The lack of Disney Animated Films from the 60s and early 70s era (Pooh, Aristocats, Jungle Book, 101 Dalmatians for example) is very disappointing. At least Disneyland's fireworks shows gave more attention to films from that era (such as Winnie the Pooh for "Disneyland Forever" and The Aristocats for Mickey's Mix Magic) compared to WDW's more recent firework shows. Heck, Disneyland Forever at least featured a few attraction relevant to that park.

Last edited:

Splashin' Ryan

I'm pretty bummed that the show won't actually focus on the park itself. I think it could actually work quite well as something like WOC Celebrate did, and while it was a different type of show, the show still worked without adding and new IP's.
It can be done, they just won't do it.
I am excited for the song however as it was described as emotional, something from wishes I liked and still feel is missing from HEA.

deix15x8

Remember Dreams Come True (Disneyland's 50th anniversary fireworks show) was all about the park. There wasn't a single exclusively IP character in the show.

Meanwhile, I'd be surprised if they even mention Walt or the park in this one.
The 60th was similar for both the fireworks Disneyland Forever and in California Adventure for World Of Color Celebrate. My first trip was during that celebration and it felt like both shows were at a more mature than normal level and focused entirely on the history and multigenerational impact of the resort.

brb1006

Remember Dreams Come True (Disneyland's 50th anniversary fireworks show) was all about the park. There wasn't a single exclusively IP character in the show.

Meanwhile, I'd be surprised if they even mention Walt or the park in this one.
Even further back, remember when Disney's previous fireworks show "Fantasy In The Sky" had a special segment celebrating the resort's 25th Anniversary between 1996 till 1997.

brb1006

Since somebody brought up Walt Disney. You know what could been really fitting for the fireworks show? Have the show play audio of Roy O Disney's "Dedication Speech" to Walt Disney World. And the projections would feature archived footage of the opening ceremony of the park.

Complete with this iconic image.
Rk741LVDxWxq_3z6244Rlf-JQvmFCeQpPLyRl8a2cO-CWvur83p2-rHfIl8K6Y8cipcmcUOGGjx4SPeiZ0itRxdrgkkx3GQYxp0MOrdRDRN7x-Ba7oeKo62nqegQpBwWmofHXSX--A

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom