News Disney Early Morning Magic comes to Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Well they extended Pandora night hours last year for exactly the same time period as TSL hours are extended early this year. At a certain point they aren't going to keep giving away early access for free if the demand shows people will pay for it.

Indeed

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's certainly not for everybody, and not necessary if you're willing to rope drop a park and strategize ahead of time. I preferred the old paper fp system but now that it's broken it's every person for themselves. Plus once I get to a certain level of spending per trip, another $200 doesn't really move the needle.

Hey, that $200 is equal to 40 Mickey ice cream bars. That'll move the needle for many! (on the weight scale...)

erasure fan1

But... but... Diznee iz a bizness. If you don't like it, don't go. We enjoy paying exorbitant amounts of money for more convenience and to feel special. Yadda, yadda, yadda...
You forgot the classic "shorter lines for me!"

See its garbage like this that spurs the "disney is loosing its magic" threads. This type of thing is nothing more than testing to rake everyone over the coals when galaxies edge opens. I truly think it might not even open for regular guests and it's a hard ticket for the first few months. Hey, why don't we just have a tiered system for every land in all the parks. Base price to get in then you choose the lands you would like to add on. Sounds AWESOME! Right?

Kman101

You seem upset...

Don’t worry, I’m fedexing you some cookies...I’ll make my company pay 😉

I lose no sleep over Disney, believe me ;)

I'm more annoyed/aggravated at how they continue to run things the same way and are so blatant about it but no one really takes a stand against them. I just want to shake those in charge and wonder how they don't get it. I have no theme park experience, but most of us can run things better! lol

Make sure those cookies are magical Mickey Ears ;) And don't forget the "Have a Magical Day!" note :):joyfull:

I still enjoy Disney. I know you were kidding around with me, but before I'm told how great it is by others, I just wanted to throw a little disclaimer in. But I hate how they run things. People though seem to take that as being negative or hating Disney. It's a little deeper than that for most.

I know they could do better if they wanted to.

peoplemover

It's certainly not for everybody, and not necessary if you're willing to rope drop a park and strategize ahead of time. I preferred the old paper fp system but now that it's broken it's every person for themselves. Plus once I get to a certain level of spending per trip, another $200 doesn't really move the needle.

Plus, if you’re an infrequent visitor, it’s nice to be able to ride multiple times without having to wait. We did the EMM at MK last time and enjoyed it. We got what wanted out of the experience - limited crowds and access to attractions that typically have long wait times.

ThatMouse

Looks like the kids are goin' to community college. Nothin' wrong with community college kids! That were me degree is frum.

winstongator

I’ve been trying train people too look at the aggregate...

$69 for “early entry”...$110 or so average for the 9-9 day...$120 for “extra magic”

This is a quantifiable decline in the value/guest experience...whether it has a crowding reason or not...

You’re valuing a product that once was all inclusive at $300 or so 3 in pieces.

And I’m not even getting into hard ticket events...these aren’t for “parties”...it’s just to access standby lines.

Doesn’t look too “magical” if you put on the big boy shoes and look at it on the broad spectrum.

The generals can’t fixate on one soldier on the field.
A friend paid $175 for universal 2-Park 1-day tickets, plus over a hundred for express pass.,about $300/person for one day. He seemed to have enjoyed that day and didn’t complain too much about the price.

winstongator

“Hey Boss....Demand is too high for TSL. Mayhaps we should extend regular hours so as many guests as possible could enjoy our new land?”

“Nah, let’s just reduce hours and then charge $1 a minute for a little exclusive time. People will love it.”
Demand for TSL is nowhere near what it was or even still is for Pandora though...

Roakor

as long as they are not shortening normal park hours I don't mind these types of upsells. It makes planning your trip a bit more tricky as I don't think you would want to do rope drop to that park on the day of an early morning access.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A friend paid $175 for universal 2-Park 1-day tickets, plus over a hundred for express pass.,about $300/person for one day. He seemed to have enjoyed that day and didn’t complain too much about the price.

I don’t think I’m condoning what universal does...but to be fair: Disney does not offer an express pass (yet)...so the comparison is a little off.

To a larger point...the “other people do it!” Argument never really holds for WDW. They used it for the Parking anology...but it doesn’t quite fit. Same with ticket costs.

Neither Disneyland nor universal has an average on property length of stay of 7 days...that’s a dynamic in pricing.

Nor - for that matter - a 100% upcharge on the value of your hotel room. But that gets hazy due to a number of factors.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
as long as they are not shortening normal park hours I don't mind these types of upsells. It makes planning your trip a bit more tricky as I don't think you would want to do rope drop to that park on the day of an early morning access.
You can’t guarantee they aren’t shortening hours. And to be honest...in September they are.

Selling blocks eliminates what they used to do: lengthen hours based on crowds.

You know...included in the ticket?

What a brave new world we have

DDLand

I suppose you could essentially look at this as something akin to a character buffet. For adults Chef Mickey’s is 35$ to 59$ (not including the mandatory gratuity). Say you trade in one of your buffets for this. Sure the food quality might be poorer, but you get the three rides instead. Characters are included just like a character dining experience. You hit up some of your favorite rides early for a little more money.

Really, it’s not that ridiculous when you compare the packed out dining locations to this offering. Things are just expensive these days.

I would pay for this if it was Pandora.
The above is probably why they haven’t done a Pandora breakfast. This is aimed at the same crowd of people who do breakfast buffets with characters. A different market from those who would go on Flight of Passage 6 times.

Wouldnt Fried Chicken kind of not make it a continental breakfast?
It was oddly written, but if you read carefully:

The experience also includes a continental buffet, featuring yogurt, fruit, pastries, and assorted cereal as well as your choice of a main dish like avocado toast or fried chicken and cronut with maple glaze.”

You think it would have been inverted to make it clear the continental buffet isn’t the “main dish.”

Last edited:

kong1802

They are definitely shortening hours in some of the parks (this is a disclaimer before someone jumps in with the "but AK added hours" argument)

I have a June analysis of hours for MK as an example of the decline.

June 1-30th 2011 - 439 Included hours + 36 EMH = 475 (Wow, EMH)
June 1-30th 2012 - 426 Included hours + 35 EMH= 461 (Wow, EMH)
June 1-30th 2013 - 431 Included hours + 13 EMH = 444
June 1-30th 2014 - 461 Included hours + 11 EMH = 472
June 1-30th 2015 - 469 Included hours + 12 EMH = 481
June 1-30th 2016 - 425 Included hours + 14 EMH = 439
June 1-30th 2017 - 394 Included hours + 13 EMH = 407 (Seriously?!)
June 1-30th 2018 - 395 Included hours + 15 EMH = 410 (Seriously?!)

And, for 100 points, was attendance higher in 2011 or 2018?

matt9112

#DRINKTHESAND

Remember...this is for a “land” that hasn’t really gotten much praise - even from the usual suspects. It’s been pretty subdued.

because it was underbuilt and and is meh to pretty much anyone objectively speaking...sure its nice its not like crap or anything its just nothing special its a nice addition...ok so? but disney trumpets ALMOST anything as some big grand amazing reason to take a vacation...

kong1802

It's hard to compare, but let's break this down....

$200 for breakfast, 75 mins to ride 3 rides as much as you can, then 3 FP for the rest of the day in one park that has like 5 other rides and some shows vs....

$300 for unlimited FOL for 20ish rides across 2 parks....

Both out of whack but comparatively you can’t really say Uni is way overpriced in this example

matt9112

Dur. If you don't like it don't go. This doesn't effect you in anyway. It's perfect for my family because we value convenience over money. Dur. Dur.

thats fine...but this is a WDW forum soo....just VIP tour every one of your days in the parks....be done with it. but for the masses things like this matter. and it sort of affects everyone indirectly....regular EMH are likely affected scheduling wise and or replaced with this offering on some days. and even if the money is no issue and your a certified jordan belfort in the 90s type is it so wrong to simply demand better...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom