News Disney Early Morning Magic comes to Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

Don't forget "admission not included". It's a "hollow" offering. Just like a lot of their recent offerings. Especially towards passholders. We don't want icky lower tiers for real offerings, but we want you ALL to come so you can buy merchandise and mimosas! (at Epcot). It's like one slap in the face after another. I mean, to not even allow ALL passholders entry for their little Toy Story Land preview, which is what, THREE MONTHS after the land opened? LOL. Come on.

But Disney knows guests will eat it up and pay for it and praise it on Twitter. So, they're allowed to get away with it.

pdude81

$79 for 75 minutes? Thats what, one ride on each? Maybe 2 if you push it? Seems a bit high, even with a breakfast thats probably valued at what, $15.99 per person? Gee I miss E-Ticket nights
I sign up for this every trip at MK. With my son walking more (making us slower than when carrying him) we got on 7DMT 5 times, Peter Pan 3 times, and Winnie the Pooh twice. Then hit another rider or two and got a nice breakfast... Now take your standard park day and try to do just those things and see how long it takes you. We were done with them by 10am, when most families are just starting to get to the park.

Guaranteed low wait times for SDD...? Yes please

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't forget "admission not included". It's a "hollow" offering. Just like a lot of their recent offerings. Especially towards passholders. We don't want icky lower tiers for real offerings, but we want you ALL to come so you can buy merchandise and mimosas! (at Epcot). It's like one slap in the face after another. I mean, to not even allow ALL passholders entry for their little Toy Story Land preview, which is what, THREE MONTHS after the land opened? LOL. Come on.

But Disney knows guests will eat it up and pay for it and praise it on Twitter. So, they're allowed to get away with it.

You seem upset...

Don’t worry, I’m fedexing you some cookies...I’ll make my company pay 😉

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I sign up for this every trip at MK. With my son walking more (making us slower than when carrying him) we got on 7DMT 5 times, Peter Pan 3 times, and Winnie the Pooh twice. Then hit another rider or two and got a nice breakfast... Now take your standard park day and try to do just those things and see how long it takes you. We were done with them by 10am, when most families are just starting to get to the park.

Guaranteed low wait times for SDD...? Yes please

Count me in the crowd that cannot fathom, for the life of me, why you'd want to ride those three rides a combined total of 10 times in a morning, let alone a day or even an entire trip. Not even when my kids were young, or even when I was young, would I want to do those rides more than once a day, tops.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Count me in the crowd that cannot fathom, for the life of me, why you'd want to ride those three rides a combined total of 10 times in a morning, let alone a day or even an entire trip. Not even when my kids were young, or even when I was young, would I want to do those rides more than once a day, tops.

If someone was a first timer or Seldom timer...I can see it...

But...when the words “every time” are used...I’m hoping there’s a paramedic nearby with narcan

DNS

I was actually stunned when I read this news. I read it three times to be sure I read it completely. We have taken countless vacations here, but the past few years the Disney greed is getting to me. People do not have to add these extras, but what bothers me is that it takes time away from people just going to the parks. A MK day ends at 7:00 on party days and now it looks like Studio days will start later. So unless a person has a park hpper, it’s not a good idea to go to the parks on those “special” days.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was actually stunned when I read this news. I read it three times to be sure I read it completely. We have taken countless vacations here, but the past few years the Disney greed is getting to me. People do not have to add these extras, but what bothers me is that it takes time away from people just going to the parks. A MK day ends at 7:00 on party days and now it looks like Studio days will start later. So unless a person has a park hpper, it’s not a good idea to go to the parks on those “special” days.

They’ve forcing you to buy your way around the failing fastpass system...because there aren’t enough rides.

So if they succeed...then this will fail and become 2 pm...

And what then? Doesn’t matter because bob iger will be gone.

See? I just gave a 3 credit lecture on the state of disney in 5 sentences...

The Empress Lilly

What a sad and sorry company has Disney become.

They see kids being miserable as they wait too long for too few rides. And instead of adressing this (how about opening the park earlier for your summer crowds in your new land), their reflex to customer misery is to use it to extort more money.

~ Your childrens' tears are Mickey's goldmine ~

Last edited:

Biff215

Fortunately it won’t affect any other guests as the park still opens at 9:00. Not that it makes it right.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
What a sad and sorry company has Disney become.

They see kids being miserable as they wait too long for too few rides. And instead of adressing this (how about opening the park earlier for your summer crowds in your new land), their reflex to customer misery is to use it to extort more money.

~ Your childrens' tears are Mickey's goldmine ~

“Hey Boss....Demand is too high for TSL. Mayhaps we should extend regular hours so as many guests as possible could enjoy our new land?”

“Nah, let’s just reduce hours and then charge $1 a minute for a little exclusive time. People will love it.”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
“Hey Boss....Demand is too high for TSL. Mayhaps we should extend regular hours so as many guests as possible could enjoy our new land?”

“Nah, let’s just reduce hours and then charge $1 a minute for a little exclusive time. People will love it.”

This is why it’s hard not to come off as a “hater”...

Your joke is essentially correct.

Not only that - doing it in September when they slash the normal hours in prep for the “low results, high expectations” festival month of October...

Ugh

pdude81

It's certainly not for everybody, and not necessary if you're willing to rope drop a park and strategize ahead of time. I preferred the old paper fp system but now that it's broken it's every person for themselves. Plus once I get to a certain level of spending per trip, another $200 doesn't really move the needle.

pdude81

Prob just a coincidence.
Well they extended Pandora night hours last year for exactly the same time period as TSL hours are extended early this year. At a certain point they aren't going to keep giving away early access for free if the demand shows people will pay for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom