Disney Doofus

rsoxguy

Original Poster
Okay, it’s time for an honest exposure of our mental foibles (well, mine anyway). The first time that I rode on The Great Movie Ride, I assumed that the host on the ride was being truthful when he enthusiastically stated that it was the perfect job for him because he “loved the movies”. It wasn't until my second time on this attraction that I realized that the line was scripted. You may be thinking, “rsoxguy, it makes you sound like an idiotic dork, but hey, you were just a naïve lad”. No, sadly, I was well into my 20’s when I first rode The Great Movie Ride. Yeah, major dork.

Anyone else ever feel like a lobotomy patient at Disney World?

CaptainJackNO

Yep. When DW and I were on our honeymoon, we got into the boat at the Jungle Cruise. There was a bit of a back up to start the attraction, so the skipper started asking folks where they were from. Well, he got to DW and I, and I responded, "on our honeymoon and we are from Louisiana." To which, he replied, "Oh, brother and sister?"

Now, as a naive 22 year old, I am sitting there trying to explain that we were on our honeymoon, and could not be related, assuming he misunderstood me. It was not until after about 3 minutes that I realized he made a southern "inbreeding" joke at my expense.

It was funny in hindsight, but I was totally clueless. I finally figured out what all the chuckling was for.:wave:

This is a funny thread, I like it. Well to stick with the theme on Jungle Cruise, I did not realize until my second time on it this past November that the captain was not actually steering the boat. I was awfully suspicious the first time I rode it a year prior but it wasn't until the second time that I knew for sure when the captain came right out and said it. And, like rsoxguy, I was 18 and 19 on these rides so I should have known better.

TakeMeThere81

I ALWAYS laugh like crazy on the Jungle Cruise! I know...cheesy jokes, and they are supposed to be cheesy...like "hardy-har-har" cheesy. But I love them! And I laugh and laugh and laugh. I'm usually the only one...:lookaroun

rsoxguy

Original Poster
I thought of another as I sit here in my office at work, with no fear of a supervisor watching because I don't have one. The first time that I rode Star Tours (the new version) I was rather excited. When I sat down, I kept my backpack on my lap. The CM came in and told me to put the bag under my seat. I did. He then told me to place it in the netting. I didn't hear him. He then walked over to me and placed it in the netting for me by reaching under my legs. He then huffed-off and the show started. Yes, I enjoy being treated like a child because of my mental oblivion. Dork.

WDWFanatic

I often wonder if anyone on the tram tour actually thought they were shooting a scene when in catastrophy canyon.:lookaroun

MKCP 1985

In the past, I have thrown away perfectly good fastpasses because I couldn't get back before the 1 hour window expired due to a previous reservation for a family meal. I've seen cast members refusing to let people on before their posted return time, so figured the same would be true for trying to go back after the window closes. Boy, did I feel like an idiot when I learned on these forums that people routinely go back after the time expires and that other people even PLAN to go back way later in the day. :hammer:

annawilliams

In back lot tour... totally thought they were shooting a legit movie scene with the earth quake and stuff... yep. I was super excited too.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My first on property stay was a 5 night stay at All Star Music in 1998. In spite of being a Florida resident I payed rack for the room and length of stay passes. My buffoonery even went as far forgetting to put the parking pass in my windshield hence having to pay for parking every day.

Bocko57

In the past, I have thrown away perfectly good fastpasses because I couldn't get back before the 1 hour window expired due to a previous reservation for a family meal. I've seen cast members refusing to let people on before their posted return time, so figured the same would be true for trying to go back after the window closes. Boy, did I feel like an idiot when I learned on these forums that people routinely go back after the time expires and that other people even PLAN to go back way later in the day. :hammer:

I too MKCP have done the same thing. If we couldn't make at the 1 hour time frame, I figured the fastpass was no longer good and into the trash it went. I guess we were just preparing for the future or we saw into the future.

NYwdwfan

My first on property stay was a 5 night stay at All Star Music in 1998. In spite of being a Florida resident I payed rack for the room and length of stay passes. My buffoonery even went as far forgetting to put the parking pass in my windshield hence having to pay for parking every day.

My parents took my family of 4 and my sister's family of 5 on a big giant family trip in July 2009. They are not rich, or loaded in any way - they had been saving for this trip for YEARS. They referred to it as the "trip of a lifetime". I hadn't been to WDW since my honeymoon and we booked thru a travel agent who booked everything. I didn't know about the special offers on the website, or even the AAA discount (my parents have been members since forever). They called the reservation line direct and got 3 castle view rooms at the Polynesian. Rack rate. No meal plan. 7 day park hoppers with water parks & more (only 5 of us went to Blizzard Beach, once). Hoop dee Doo AND Spirit of Aloha, category 1. The total trip was about $20K with food and souveniers. I often joke to my mom that they could have bought a 1 BR DVC at BC outright spending that kind of cash! It's actually not funny because it's true. :lookaroun I feel SO STUPID over that one.

Communicore

Hah I thought Artist's Point was Artist's Palette and was waiting for people at Artist's Point but they were at SSR!!! :ROFLOL:

rodserling27

In back lot tour... totally thought they were shooting a legit movie scene with the earth quake and stuff... yep. I was super excited too.
Haha, I know lots of people who thought that their first time on that ride!

I too MKCP have done the same thing. If we couldn't make at the 1 hour time frame, I figured the fastpass was no longer good and into the trash it went. I guess we were just preparing for the future or we saw into the future.
HAHA! :ROFLOL: Love it!

This thread is awesome.

vcstr

Aww, I thought the same thing on the Great Movie Ride! Although scripted or not I can tell you that if I got the chance to work on the Great Movie Ride it wouldn't be a lie when I said it!

Dream job!

SMS55

I ALWAYS laugh like crazy on the Jungle Cruise! I know...cheesy jokes, and they are supposed to be cheesy...like "hardy-har-har" cheesy. But I love them! And I laugh and laugh and laugh. I'm usually the only one...:lookaroun

They are so bad you can't help but laugh. I think the best one is the butterflies one. "They can grow from 12 inches all the way up to a whopping one foot." You immediately know who the math majors are. There's always some people looking around because they don't get it.
The monkies getting the jeep to "turnover" and hikers who'll get the "point", Ginger "snapping" and coming out "a head."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom