Disney Doofus

TropicalFig8

Did you see the person taking a flash picture in the stretching room of the haunted mansion and got yelled at by a cast member?

That was me. :lol:

DisneyDebNJ

Am I the only one who thinks meeting up with rsoxguy at WDW would be, well, unforgetable? :lol:

I'm laughing hysterically just reading his experiences, I'm afraid I'd down right wet myself if we were there at the same time. Sounds like a fun guy though!!!! I wanted to add to this thread, but I have so many "excuse me, I'm on vacation, and left my mind home" moments I don't know where to begin!! :ROFLOL:

Tiggerfanatic

On a Disney bus when I was 17, the bus driver says "here's the Contemporary Resort, it has 15 floors, it was supposed to have 16 but that's another story". I INSISTED that he tell us the other story! Around the fourth time I asked for the other story, my mom had to explain it to me. Dork.

It took me 3 days of reading this thread to finally get this....how big of a dork does that make me?:lol:

rsoxguy

Original Poster
Alrighty then, the thread was bumped and it caused me to think of another story. I was at EPCOT when it was still a swinging place. There used to be a small vehicle that was used by some of the actors from the Anicomical Players (ref: Wonders of Life Pavilion). It played loud music while they drove around doing their little shtick. There was a young woman belonging to that troop that was particularly good at playing a goofball, which is, to me, an endearing quality.

Anyway, the vehicle came near us as we stood in line for something which I can not remember at this moment, and they were playing the song “I want you back” by the Jackson 5. I started to jokingly sing along with the song to my wife, while she pretended that I was some crazy-letch-stranger harassing her, which is ultimately better than admitting that I’m her husband when I act up in public. I was proudly enjoying my moment in Doofusville, when I turned around and saw the young woman from the Anicomocal Players standing in front of me. She started to do a weird, swinging the hips and waving one arm dance in front of me while shouting, “Yeah baby, yeah baby”. Think Steve Urkel. I honestly didn’t know how to respond. I should have thought through the whole taunt your wife for the sake of embarrassment thing. Welcome to my world.

By the way, why is urine such a hot topic with you people? Weirdoes. :p

J03Y

i never looked up at the ceiling in the portrait chamber of HM until i was 15 years old because i was always scared to see the body hanging :lookaroun

don't judge me.

the-reason14

I thought that too until... I read this. Wow, I only remember seeing them on my last visit, and thought it was odd that they were just out there in the open. Wow....

It's funny this was mentioned. After awhile I finally figured out that they were fake. Just this last trip 2 weeks ago was when my dad finally verbally said it. But I honestly can't fault anyone for thinking they're real. I mean, you're seeing real animals and there are ostriches nearby. But it's still funny.

I_heart_Tigger

Years ago my parents took my sister and I to WDW and we had rented a car (not our normal routine) and my Dad had to park at TTC. He went down the row that we were waved into by a CM but saw a car leaving a few rows closer to the entrance so he started towards it.

My mom kept telling him just to park where he was told to and not just look for his own spot. he assured her it was fine but for some reason it made me nervous like we were breaking Disney rules before we even set foot in MK.

We got into the park and while still on Main Street USA a "policeman" came up to us as we were sitting down on the curb to check out the park map and decide on our attack plan for the park.

The policeman got out a notebook and said we were getting a ticket for "illegal parking" - he was just being funny since we were sitting on the curb and the ticket was a Mickey Notepad with stickers on it for my sister and I but I thought we had gotten in trouble and I started crying...did I mention I was 13 :eek:

El-Fuego

Video Dummy

I can't recall falling for any of the previously mentioned Doofus moments but just to show I'm not perfect - Whilst videoing our Honeymoon vacation in 2005 and being new to the art of cinematography it took me a whole day in Magic Kingdom to realise that turning the camera on it's side might get what you are pointing it at in shot but unlike a picture camera it does not produce an upright image. I am constantly reminded of this every time we watch our video back, Doh! :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom