Disney Doofus

Tom

Beta Return
On a Disney bus when I was 17, the bus driver says "here's the Contemporary Resort, it has 15 floors, it was supposed to have 16 but that's another story". I INSISTED that he tell us the other story! Around the fourth time I asked for the other story, my mom had to explain it to me. Dork.

:lol:

I love this one!

chrissyw14

I ALWAYS laugh like crazy on the Jungle Cruise! I know...cheesy jokes, and they are supposed to be cheesy...like "hardy-har-har" cheesy. But I love them! And I laugh and laugh and laugh. I'm usually the only one...:lookaroun

me too! last time i rode it like no one was paying attention

princessmelinda

When I was younger, like 4 or 5, I thought on the splash mountain drop you would really go into the prickly vines so I was scared to go on it. Common sense, you know :hammer:

Larry Mondello

For the longest time, I thought the ostrich eggs were real on the Kilimanjaro Safaris! :lol:

And I thought the animals were real!!

Seriously, one time on Kilimanjaro Safari there was a serious debate amongst the group sitting in front of us as to whether the animals were animatronic.

rsoxguy

Original Poster
I wasn't going to post anything else on this thread because, you know, we might actually schedule a big meeting at The World one day. I know what would happen. Everyone would be whispering, "yeah, that's the dork from the Forum, just be polite and pretend that we have to go somewhere". Well, everyone except Joanna, who would feel sorry for an old acquaintance and give me a fake fastpass to The Great Movie Ride in order to ditch me. I'd get there, attempt to hand in the pass, and the CM would laugh.

Regardless, I thought that I would share another moment. I always carry a backpack to the Parks, so I always have to go through the crack security checkpoint. I must say that it has always prevented me from carrying an AK47 into the Parks. So, the security guard finished looking through all of my photo equipment, and then looked at me straight in the face with a serious expression and said, "you have a bee on your head". I am highly allergic to bee stings and could go into anaphylactic shock if stung. I froze for a moment as I considered the tender words that would be spoken at my impending funeral, when the guard then said, "I'm a Yankees fan". Yup, I was wearing a Red Sox cap with a big red 'B' on the front. My scientific classification? Dorkus Maximus. Check a textbook, I'm in there.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I was getting off Nemo really late one night at Disneyland and I saw a woman transfixed on the seagulls chatting away, "mine, mine, mine" when she turns to her husband and says quite loudly, "DEM REAL???!?!" She fell for it.

It's a true testament to the Imagineers on how they can totally immerse you in an experience and you believe it.

graphite1326

Okay, it’s time for an honest exposure of our mental foibles (well, mine anyway). The first time that I rode on The Great Movie Ride, I assumed that the host on the ride was being truthful when he enthusiastically stated that it was the perfect job for him because he “loved the movies”. It wasn't until my second time on this attraction that I realized that the line was scripted. You may be thinking, “rsoxguy, it makes you sound like an idiotic dork, but hey, you were just a naïve lad”. No, sadly, I was well into my 20’s when I first rode The Great Movie Ride. Yeah, major dork.

Anyone else ever feel like a lobotomy patient at Disney World?

No I figured it out right away. Especially that I rode it after seeing Indiana Jones stunt show.

graphite1326

For the longest time, I thought the ostrich eggs were real on the Kilimanjaro Safaris! :lol:

We were suspicoius ot this since we knew that the big fat trees (can't remember name) and the termite mounds weren't real. We took a picture last year and when we went this year theywere still in the same spot.

LuLaSue

:ROFLOL:
I wasn't going to post anything else on this thread because, you know, we might actually schedule a big meeting at The World one day. I know what would happen. Everyone would be whispering, "yeah, that's the dork from the Forum, just be polite and pretend that we have to go somewhere". Well, everyone except Joanna, who would feel sorry for an old acquaintance and give me a fake fastpass to The Great Movie Ride in order to ditch me. I'd get there, attempt to hand in the pass, and the CM would laugh.

Regardless, I thought that I would share another moment. I always carry a backpack to the Parks, so I always have to go through the crack security checkpoint. I must say that it has always prevented me from carrying an AK47 into the Parks. So, the security guard finished looking through all of my photo equipment, and then looked at me straight in the face with a serious expression and said, "you have a bee on your head". I am highly allergic to bee stings and could go into anaphylactic shock if stung. I froze for a moment as I considered the tender words that would be spoken at my impending funeral, when the guard then said, "I'm a Yankees fan". Yup, I was wearing a Red Sox cap with a big red 'B' on the front. My scientific classification? Dorkus Maximus. Check a textbook, I'm in there.

I think I just wet myself...:ROFLOL:

SulleyanBoo

:ROFLOL: That's great!

GO SOX:D

Disneydreamer23

i have another one.. so on my honeymoon we ended up getting picked to be extras in Indiana Jones they make us go to the top and end up asking us to sign a waver in case we get set on fire or loose a limb i laugh and don't even look at the paper bc i thought it was a joke until were sitting there dressed and the host says mam you need to sign this release if you want to be an extra i felt so dumb! :ROFLOL:

mamamouse

OMG you make me ______ my freakin pants!! You're like the male version of me,I'm so gullable

PeoplemoverTTA

Back in 2005 my sister and I visited WDW. I had the camcorder out for LMA (first and only time I've ever seen it, lol).

Well when the stunt car was driving backwards early in the show, I was in total awe. I kept on turning to my sister and saying, "Wow, can you believe that!?!" over and over, all on the tape.

Then they showed that the car "faced" backwards, and he really doesn't drive backwards at all. On the tape, all you can hear is me going, "Oh." Thats where my show commentary ended, unsurprisingly. :eek:

DisneyDebNJ

LOLOLOL!!!!!! I just spit soda all over my laptop with this one!!!

MarkandAmy

"you have a bee on your head". I am highly allergic to bee stings and could go into anaphylactic shock if stung. I froze for a moment as I considered the tender words that would be spoken at my impending funeral, when the guard then said, "I'm a Yankees fan".

Ok, this one is even funnier than the others...:lol:

PhilharMagician

First trip to WDW was in 1993 and was quite overwhelmed with the size of WDW at that time. Things were confusing to figure out transportation, dining and basically where everything was since there was no internet to gather info from. We did have a I believe a Birnbaums guide, but that just is not enough.

Next trip was 2003 now that our Daughter was 5 and time to bring her. Ok, so we are leaving MK one day and we walk to the monorail station and get on the resort monorail and I suddenly thought I was getting on the wrong one and grabbed the family and exited the monorail to the center of the station since the doors were still open. Now I am standing there looking around lost and trying to find a sign that says which monorail goes to Epcot. :brick: So a CM walks over and says can I help you. Well I ask which monorail goes to Epcot and of course the CM says none. I needed to go to the TTC and switch there. I looked at him and said when did they remove the Epcot monorail from here and that I had taken it before. "Sorry sir the Epcot Monorail route has never been here at the Magic Kingdon, It has always been at the TTC" He puts us on the Express monorail. As soon as we got to the TTC I remembered, but what a Dork!!! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom