Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
How does the luggage situation work on the DCL? I check my bag with the airline; I arrive at MCO and does the DCL pick up my luggage?
Also, on disembark day, I'm taking the DCL back to MCO, but I'm renting a car from MCO. Can I just take my luggage off the DCL bus and be on my way?

DCL does pick up your luggage if you're on their transfers.
You can. :)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
How do you pay for DCL port excursions? Can you use a Disney gift card?

They are charged to your onboard account, so yes you can use a Disney gift card. Just apply that to your onboard account once you arrive. It usually has to be done once you board and not in the terminal.

OwensFab5

Hey All! When you rent a cabana do you need to call or can you do it on-line and do you pay right away or when you board the ship. I do not use credit cards...cash or check card for everything. Thanks for information.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Hey All! When you rent a cabana do you need to call or can you do it on-line and do you pay right away or when you board the ship. I do not use credit cards...cash or check card for everything. Thanks for information.

You don't call, you do it online. You need to be ready to do it at midnight when your excursion booking window opens. They go fast! :)
They charge it to your onboard account.

StoneCutter589

I'm taking a four-night Bahamanian cruise next month. How can I find out what restaurants will be open on each night? Do I have to wait until I'm on board?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I'm taking a four-night Bahamanian cruise next month. How can I find out what restaurants will be open on each night? Do I have to wait until I'm on board?

Well you'll be assigned a dining rotation once you get onboard. You'll rotate through the main dining rooms each night during your assigned dinner time. There will be other options too, like Cabanas, room service, and the quick service type restaurants on deck 10. Their operating times will be listed in your daily Navigator.

PLTink

We are sailing on the Disney Dream in October and would like to book Palo one night however, we don't want to miss out on Animators Palate. We have early dining, and if we made Palo for 8:30pm would we be able to do both? Or do we forfeit our rotational dinner?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
You certainly can do both! You may explode from food because your servers will want to force feed you. They don't like people leaving there hungry. :)
Once you board you can also go try to change Palo or your dining rotation if you end up in Animators on the same night as Palo.

PLTink

Thanks Tammy! I think I'll book now and change it later if I can. Don't want to over do it on food. :)

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Does Cove Cafe still have the loyalty cards where you get 1 coffee free after buying 4/5??

Crush Dude!

When it comes to dining rotatios onboard can i change when i get there?

We have requested a specific server and if he is not there we may wish ro change??

ChuckElias

When it comes to dining rotatios onboard can i change when i get there?

We have requested a specific server and if he is not there we may wish ro change??
You can request both your rotation and a specific server when you first board the ship at the start of your cruise. They will not promise that they can accommodate you, but you can definitely ask. On the new ships, I believe you do this in the D-Lounge; on the classic ships, it's in Rockin' Bar D or WaveBands.

Crush Dude!

You can request both your rotation and a specific server when you first board the ship at the start of your cruise. They will not promise that they can accommodate you, but you can definitely ask. On the new ships, I believe you do this in the D-Lounge; on the classic ships, it's in Rockin' Bar D or WaveBands.
Awesome thanks Chuck, have done it already but would like to do so again in person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom