Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

EOD K9

Thanks Tammy. Luckily my tour ends at midnight, so I will clock out and jump on here to make my reservations.

Delly

Sorry if this seems to be a silly question, but am looking to book my very 1st cruise on the Magic for November 2014. If we book a room that will be on deck 2, will we be able to feel the motion of the ship??? I have heard from people that you really shouldn't feel any motion at all but I am just not sure. Many Thanks

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Sorry if this seems to be a silly question, but am looking to book my very 1st cruise on the Magic for November 2014. If we book a room that will be on deck 2, will we be able to feel the motion of the ship??? I have heard from people that you really shouldn't feel any motion at all but I am just not sure. Many Thanks

Not silly! :)
You can feel a slight motion a lot of the time, but it's not noticeable usually. The lower decks in the middle should have the least motion.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Ok, since she asked it first...what about the back of the boat?

The back should have a little more. If you picture something balancing on the tip of a pencil, the middle stays the most still. Not a perfect example, but I think you see what I mean.

Now having said that, we sail aft all the time and it doesn't bother me. I do get motion sickness also. :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The back should have a little more. If you picture something balancing on the tip of a pencil, the middle stays the most still. Not a perfect example, but I think you see what I mean.

Now having said that, we sail aft all the time and it doesn't bother me. I do get motion sickness also. :)

I am a not nervous for me (I have a strong stomach, and have cruised on much smaller ships than the Fantasy), but concerned for the kid.

I booked 9172, right on the back of the boat...it was a good deal at the time, for a nice view...

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I am a not nervous for me (I have a strong stomach, and have cruised on much smaller ships than the Fantasy), but concerned for the kid.

I booked 9172, right on the back of the boat...it was a good deal at the time, for a nice view...

I've found kids handle it very well. For them it really seems to be a psychological thing most of the time. If they're old enough, Non Drowsy Dramamine helps a ton.

We booked the very back on deck 10 for our next Fantasy cruise. I can't wait! :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I've found kids handle it very well. For them it really seems to be a psychological thing most of the time. If they're old enough, Non Drowsy Dramamine helps a ton.

We booked the very back on deck 10 for our next Fantasy cruise. I can't wait! :)

What about my plans to leave the kid for Remy/Palo on different nights? I think she'll enjoy the Kids Club, and won't miss me, but planning meals without her leaves me feeling a bit empty inside, even though I really want to try both restaurants...thoughts?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
What about my plans to leave the kid for Remy/Palo on different nights? I think she'll enjoy the Kids Club, and won't miss me, but planning meals without her leaves me feeling a bit empty inside, even though I really want to try both restaurants...thoughts?

If she's enjoying the kids club then don't feel bad at all. You'll have a ton of time to do things together onboard. Don't worry, you'll make so many great memories together. :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
She'll have fun and probably find a new "boyfriend" there (geez she is getting too old too quick!)...

What happens if I decide to cancel ADRs on the ship at last minute?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
She'll have fun and probably find a new "boyfriend" there (geez she is getting too old too quick!)...

What happens if I decide to cancel ADRs on the ship at last minute?

Lol.

You can cancel up until 2 PM the day of your reservation. :)

Delly

Sorry another question! Has anyone done a Bahamian cruise in November?? How was the weather at that time as I have been told it's still rainy season!
Thank you

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I haven't! I think November would be a great time to go. It should (!) still be warm in Florida. Rain is always hit or miss!

TDF

I haven't! I think November would be a great time to go. It should (!) still be warm in Florida. Rain is always hit or miss!
I agree. I think the only issue could be the nights and leaving Port Canaveral. I have been on cruises in April where there was a cold front in the Bahamas and the tour guides where wearing winter hats! I wouldn’t let it effect your cruise though!!

tracyandalex

In March DD4 ditched us halfway through dinner every night to go to the kid's clubs. She even told us to go to the grown up clubs after dinner.

StoneCutter589

How does the luggage situation work on the DCL? I check my bag with the airline; I arrive at MCO and does the DCL pick up my luggage?
Also, on disembark day, I'm taking the DCL back to MCO, but I'm renting a car from MCO. Can I just take my luggage off the DCL bus and be on my way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom