Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckElias

I just thought of a question that has probably been asked but I can’t seem to find. In Castaway Cay are the shops open or are they closed?
- Justin
This may be a stupid question, but are you talking about the shops ON Castaway Cay? Or are you talking about the shops on the ship while the ship is AT Castaway Cay?

I think the on-board shops are closed while docked at Castaway Cay, aren't they? It's still technically a Bahamian port.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
This may be a stupid question, but are you talking about the shops ON Castaway Cay? Or are you talking about the shops on the ship while the ship is AT Castaway Cay?

I think the on-board shops are closed while docked at Castaway Cay, aren't they? It's still technically a Bahamian port.

Oh!! I think you're right, Chuck. I thought he meant the shops on CC. No the ships onboard are definitely closed.

TDF

QUESTION: I think I asked this before @Disneyfalcon but do we get like legit tickets for our transfer to the port or no? Like do we get the same thing as Disney’s magical express or no. Our transfer thing in the booklet says go to the desk, so is that what we do? I hope i’m not confusing, LOL!
We got your package from Pam and we love the little backpacks, thank you!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
QUESTION: I think I asked this before @Disneyfalcon but do we get like legit tickets for our transfer to the port or no? Like do we get the same thing as Disney’s magical express or no. Our transfer thing in the booklet says go to the desk, so is that what we do? I hope i’m not confusing, LOL!
We got your package from Pam and we love the little backpacks, thank you!

Aren't the backpacks cool? :)
You should have had some bag tags in there, but I believe that's it! I don't get to see the documents before the office sends them out, so I could be forgetting something that's in there, but I don't think so.
Yes, go to the desk! :)

TDF

I LOVE the bags, we are using them for our FE! Alright so we will head to the desk, can't wait counting down the days! :)

EOD K9

Here's a few questions for our resident experts. My wife and I booked a trip for next June while still onboard. Being as we had a blast, I am really considering going again in August. Can the trip I booked for June of next year be bumped up using the same 10% down payment and onboard credits? Also, due to pricing, and getting our quick fix, I was debating doing just the three nighter out of Port Canaveral on the Dream. Is it worth it? Your thoughts.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Here's a few questions for our resident experts. My wife and I booked a trip for next June while still onboard. Being as we had a blast, I am really considering going again in August. Can the trip I booked for June of next year be bumped up using the same 10% down payment and onboard credits? Also, due to pricing, and getting our quick fix, I was debating doing just the three nighter out of Port Canaveral on the Dream. Is it worth it? Your thoughts.

Sure can! If you owe any more deposit you can add some.

Longer cruises are always better, but I wouldn't turn down a short one. :)

EOD K9

@Disneyfalcon Here is another one for you.....or anyone else. We found what we think is a good deal for the three nighter in late August. My concern is the hurricane season. While I know we cannot predict it now, what has been everyone's experiences during that time of year. I.E rain, water temp in CC, etc. Thanks in advance.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
@Disneyfalcon Here is another one for you.....or anyone else. We found what we think is a good deal for the three nighter in late August. My concern is the hurricane season. While I know we cannot predict it now, what has been everyone's experiences during that time of year. I.E rain, water temp in CC, etc. Thanks in advance.

Water temp is awesome! Nice and warm. We've been at the end of August and dodged two tropical storms and a hurricane. We changed the order of our ports, but still made them. So yes, there could definitely be storms! The good thing is the captains know how to avoid them. If at all possible, they're going around and avoiding!

EOD K9

Water temp is awesome! Nice and warm. We've been at the end of August and dodged two tropical storms and a hurricane. We changed the order of our ports, but still made them. So yes, there could definitely be storms! The good thing is the captains know how to avoid them. If at all possible, they're going around and avoiding!
That helps to know. If they can't port at all, what are their options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom