Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Oh and it's also a pain because both of us have to be there to get one for DD. But we will get them soon. The farther we go, the less Alex likes not having one. Also, it would make things much easier.

It is so nice to have them. You just never know. We couldn't have done the last minute Mediterranean cruise without them!

TDF

Tammy with my birthday tomorrow is it possible to change me finally? Do I need to submit paperwork, will you email me? What up? :)
- Justin

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Tammy with my birthday tomorrow is it possible to change me finally? Do I need to submit paperwork, will you email me? What up? :)
- Justin

Happy birthday, Justin! Let's wait until Friday! So there's no confusion on the day. I'll email you! :)

GenerationX

San Juan and St. Thomas are in the Atlantic time zone, but Port Canaveral is in the Eastern time zone. As of now, all three places have the same time, because Port Canaveral observes Daylight Savings Time (the other two do not). Our cruise is in November after Daylight Savings Time, so the Port Canaveral time will be one hour earlier than the time in the other two places. I'm assuming the time on the ship when we leave port, are at sea, and are at Castaway Cay is Eastern time. I have questions on the other two days, though:
1. When we're in San Juan and St. Thomas, what is the time on the ship - Eastern or Atlantic?
2. If the time on the ship is still Eastern time, does that mean the posted time we're docked (8:00am-5:30pm) is Eastern time or Atlantic time?
3. If the time on the ship switches to Atlantic time for those two days, do they announce when everyone needs to move their watches ahead or back an hour?

EOD K9

Hey a Gang...few questions. I just booked for mid-February 2013. I have read the weather is hit or miss. Is it still possible to have a nice time on CC? Also, when do I actually pick what room we want? Thanks in advance.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
What Joanna said. The water may be a bit chilly, but the weather is usually great.
You can pick your room when you book unless the category is in GTY status. :)

EOD K9

Thanks for the reply. It's cat 05D and GTY. Can you advise? We did get a Deluxe ocean view/ verandah.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. It's cat 05D and GTY. Can you advise? We did get a Deluxe ocean view/ verandah.

Since it's GTY you won't get to select a room number. The room number will appear on your reservation online at some point. Usually around 30 days before you sail, but it could be earlier or slightly later. :)

EOD K9

Thanks again. According to the reservation, I still should be on deck 6. I appreciate your time.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thanks again. According to the reservation, I still should be on deck 6. I appreciate your time.

No problem! And yes, if you booked a category that's only on deck 6, you will be on deck 6. Unless you get upgraded of course! :)

GenerationX

The ship's clocks change to local time whenever it sails into a different time zone.
Thanks for the info. I asked DCL when specifically the time would change, and they responded by saying that all posted port times are in local time and the Navigator would mention the changes.

One more crazy detailed question: how do you connect to the internet on board with your laptop? One of my sons plans to bring his laptop, and I want to make sure he DOESN'T connect to the internet with how quickly the charges would accumulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom