Disney Crafting...

Tigggrl

Let her know the Castle is a challenge for sure! But SOOOO worth the work!
It takes some time to build up to the commitment it takes to finish one of these. The only thing harder I think are the Teresa Wentzler designs, thos scare me off every time!:ROFLOL:

sprocketfish

Original Poster
Let her know the Castle is a challenge for sure! But SOOOO worth the work!
It takes some time to build up to the commitment it takes to finish one of these. The only thing harder I think are the Teresa Wentzler designs, thos scare me off every time!:ROFLOL:
She's going to finish it eventually I'm sure; she's done crazy stuff on linen before, so I know she's got the stamina... cross stitch is not my first love so I have to force myself to do it or else really really want to do it... my mom's done quite a few intricate plantation houses in the past and they look amazing and seeing those makes me want to make a haunted mansion pattern and beg her to make it as a birthday present for me...

JuliaGulia

Disney Swap

All of you crafters.. there is a new Disney Swap starting at Craftster this week :) If you are a Craftster member you should come join us !!!

aka_emilicious

I saw the Alice in Wonderland pics and wanted to post mine. My friends and I dressed as characters from the movie for MNSSHP. I made all of the costumes, except the march hare, I made his ears.

QueenofHearts.jpg

(I'm Alice btw)

SewIn2Disney

SewIn2Disney, those are fantastic! :sohappy:

I really need to get back into crafting.

Very creative as usual, SewIn2Disney! Good stuff! And good luck! :sohappy:
-m

Thats amazing! What a creative bunch you are.:king: I bet you win!

Thank you thank you and thank you!
I should hear from them this week, so I'll let everyone know!
Keep your fingers crossed!

Its finished! I never thought it would be....LOL!
FINISHED003.jpg

Wow! If it looks this amazing in a picture, I can't imagine how it looks in person! I'm so mad now that I didn't buy it----
You did an awesome job though---do you have any ideas how many hours you put into it?

All of you crafters.. there is a new Disney Swap starting at Craftster this week :) If you are a Craftster member you should come join us !!!

Thanks for the reminder! The sign-up is open right now here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=224790.0

I did the last Disney one and had a great time!
-m

Thanks for the signup url---I almost forgot!
Although, I'm debating if I have enough time---I'm in grad school, and the semester just started and already i'm swamped.

To anyone else though---go check it out---it's a wonderful experience!

Tigggrl

Thanks! The Hours I couldnt count, but it took about 5 months of a few hours a day. I had to order more thread and that was delayed because of the holidays! It is wayyyy more beautiful in person!

Thanks for the Craftster info.I will check it out later today!

SewIn2Disney

I just heard back from Goya on two of my entries----neither the Mickey or the Cinderella Coach won the grand prize----each of them won one of the 10 first prizes (A Disney Kitchenware Basket). I haven't heard from the Figment or the "hand in hand" one. Thanks for the well wishes though!

SewIn2Disney

While I'm on here....here's something i finished last night----a crochet Remy from Ratatoullie.
I got the pattern from Craftster.org:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=214214.0

Here he is!

His adorable little face:

From the side---I love how his little tail came out!

Looking down on him from above:

He was going to be a valentines day gift for my bf, but he's so cute I have to keep him! I may make him another one though---and use a smaller hook this time.

SewIn2Disney

I finally got my prizes for the Goya Contest!
Unfortunately, I was not a grand prize winner.
the Juggling Mickey and the Cinderellas Coach both won one of the 10 first prizes, and the Figment and Disney Hand ones each won one of the 10 third prizes.

We haven't recieved our third prizes yet, but both of the first prizes came last week---and it was an awesome kitchen set!
Everything was from Disney World---there was a clear Mickey bowl, Mickey dishcloth, Mickey pot holder, Disney cook book, 4 pack of hot chocolate, Mickey egg rings, Mickey salt/pepper shaker, Mickey cooking utensils---pizza cutter, spatula, ice cream scoop, and ladle. And lastly---my favorite---3 plates---one of Mickey's shorts, mickey's shoe, and mickey's glove. I almost bought them the last time I was in Disney!
The whole set is a value of $160.

Here's a list of the winners, including a pic of the grand prize winner:
http://goyamasterpiece.dja.com/

Here's the basket:
l_beb5671aab81baed3e6dd9fb2159df15.jpg

And here's everything laid out:
l_4849d2ceac01c538290c504f9e74fad4.jpg

Mystic

Its finished! I never thought it would be....LOL!
FINISHED003.jpg

I've got the exact same cross-stitch framed and hanging in my room. I'm currently working on another one...

paspresfor.jpg

I'm about 2/3 of the way throught it and I've got about 4 more that I've bought from various trips to Disney.

puppy.jpg

trolley.jpg

mistletoekiss.jpg

happycelebration.jpg

DisneyGigi

Here are a couple of cakes that I have done lately. I am doing them by myself now with a new method of drawing the image. I have alot of practicing to do but I really enjoy it.

The first one is easy to identify.

100_2578-1.jpg

The second may take a little guessing..:ROFLOL:DD wanted a Hannah Montana cake and I just couldn't buy a store made cake with the edible image so this was the best that I could do. The gold dusting did not work at all though! :hammer:

100_2583.jpg

SewIn2Disney

Niiice---I saw it on craftster---and thanks for posting the link to the bead tute! I'll definately have to try that.

I really love the embroidery---you did a wonderful job!

And I love the idea of the Mike backpack---I'll have to add it to my list---it's sort of like my Mickey backpack (which I've also made in Donald) and I have a list for other ideas.

Great job!

MissM

I was the lucky recipient of the crafty items posted by JuliaGulia. :D

Here's what I made:

Beauty and the Beast Shadow Box

2322540843_d03c243bf1_o.jpg

Beauty and the Beast Tank Top
(the writing says, "...tale as old as time...")

2323359488_b59f797dde_o.jpg

An acrylic Painting of Mickey:
2323359496_4ccebb0a7d_o.jpg

And a paper tile mosaic sign
(This was an absurd amount of work and my first time working with paper tiles)

2322540945_d7d30f311f_o.jpg

Disney crafting is the best! :sohappy:
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom