Disney considering making more themed mod resort rooms (with pics and proof)

rcja

RE: Hotel Room

My hotel room would be THE VERY LAST point of interest for me during a visit to the Walt Disney World Resort. I don't spend very much time in my hotel room during vacations; I'm there to see the property. I'm there to visit the parks. Disney should spend the money on other improvements -- a new monorail fleet? a new Wedway to connect E.P.C.O.T. with 'The Studios', Animal Kingdom and the Downtown Disney (Lake Buena Vista) area? New attractions for the parks? Hotel rooms -- really?!

ChrisM

My hotel room would be THE VERY LAST point of interest for me during a visit to the Walt Disney World Resort. I don't spend very much time in my hotel room during vacations; I'm there to see the property. I'm there to visit the parks. Disney should spend the money on other improvements -- a new monorail fleet? a new Wedway to connect E.P.C.O.T. with 'The Studios', Animal Kingdom and the Downtown Disney (Lake Buena Vista) area? New attractions for the parks? Hotel rooms -- really?!

And so it goes for you.

For others, especially myself, the accomodations on any vacation are a crucial part of the overall experience.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And so it goes for you.

For others, especially myself, the accomodations on any vacation are a crucial part of the overall experience.

As Disney no doubt understands, not only from the pirate- and princess-themed rooms, but the ones at the new Art of Animation resort as well.

SyracuseOrange

None of those directly provide additional revenue for Disney.

Kirk88

We stayed in the Carribean Beach Resort pirate themed rooms this summer. Really great room (a little tight for 5 of us) and the upgrade cost was not much at all. It may have been around $20 a night more. It was worth it, the kids LOVED it!

ToTBellHop

Hmmm...I spent a lot of time in my hotel room on my honeymoon.

Fractal514

I'm pretty sure no money would be diverted from infrastructure or rides to improve these rooms. It might come out of hotel maintenance for that resort, pushing back refurbs for the others rooms, but I doubt the reason we don't have a new monorail fleet is due to the art of animation or princess themed rooms.

ChrisM

Cool story, bro.

I know, wasn't it?

Pithy. Cut right to the point. The economy of the text was a particular favorite of mine. So much so that I savored the effort by re-reading it to myself several times.

I appreciate that you're also a fan of my works, although yor praise was a little understated. I'd appreciate something a little more flowery next time, bro.

Spike-in-Berlin

Because your point was do magical? Monorail expansion... really.

Reality. Is. Hard.

The resort is a huge part of any vacation. Not all of us tour commando style just to pass out at night from exhaustion.

Exactly. If we wouldn't care about our Disney resort we would only stay at the Pop to have all the amenities included in the resort guest status (EMH, room billing, proximity to the parks etc.) and never care about the deluxe resorts.

But staying at one of those brings the magic into the vacation. It's a difference if, after you come back from the parks, you go into some Holiday Inn OR you walk into the monumental lobby of the Wilderness Ldoge, take the International Gateway to the Yacht Club to lie at Stormalong Bay or take the monorail to the Polynesian and sit down at the waterfalls in the lobby.
Your Disney experience hasn't stopped yet, it goes on, even after you have left the park and it continues until you go to bed.
These themed rooms would even increase the immersive qualities of the stay at the resorts.

If you don't care about the resort you stay at, that's fine. Stay at some Comfort Inn or take a Hilton if you prefer a good hotel. If you however want to have a REAL magic Disney experience your Disney resort plays a vital role.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Exactly. If we wouldn't care about our Disney resort we would only stay at the Pop to have all the amenities included in the resort guest status (EMH, room billing, proximity to the parks etc.) and never care about the deluxe resorts.

But staying at one of those brings the magic into the vacation. It's a difference if, after you come back from the parks, you go into some Holiday Inn OR you walk into the monumental lobby of the Wilderness Ldoge, take the International Gateway to the Yacht Club to lie at Stormalong Bay or take the monorail to the Polynesian and sit down at the waterfalls in the lobby.
Your Disney experience hasn't stopped yet, it goes on, even after you have left the park and it continues until you go to bed.
These themed rooms would even increase the immersive qualities of the stay at the resorts.

If you don't care about the resort you stay at, that's fine. Stay at some Comfort Inn or take a Hilton if you prefer a good hotel. If you however want to have a REAL magic Disney experience your Disney resort plays a vital role.

Interestiung that you would suggest that anything less than a deluxe doesn't give you a REAL magic experience. I've experienced stays at deluxes, mods, values, and plenty of off-site spots. I find them all to have their own version of magic and their own downside. I appreciate that YOU have figured out that you enjoy the vacation more when you stay at a deluxe. But surely you realize that others find REAL magic elsewhere...don't you?

I happen to actually enjoy the decorations at the value resorts. I find the kitcshy icons humorous and light-hearted. To me, they go better with the fun of a Disney vacation than does the "proper" atmosphere of the Grand Floridian or the Beach Club. I prefer the rooms at the Poly to those at Pop, but I like the theming at Pop more. I also like the availability of a large food court, rather than the Gasparilla Grill or the Contempo Cafe. Is it wrong for me to enjoy the value resorts?

And what if I want a kitchen and two separate bedrooms for the kids? Now I'm limited to the villas if I want to stay on property. And at $500/night...I'd prefer to spend $100 a night for a great condo 5 minutes away, and spend the money on backstage tours, signature restaurants, charitable contributions, and a bunch of other things that give me the magic I desire.

You find magic your way. Others find it theirs. Neither way is more REAL than any other.

CrescentLake

Interestiung that you would suggest that anything less than a deluxe doesn't give you a REAL magic experience. I've experienced stays at deluxes, mods, values, and plenty of off-site spots. I find them all to have their own version of magic and their own downside. I appreciate that YOU have figured out that you enjoy the vacation more when you stay at a deluxe. But surely you realize that others find REAL magic elsewhere...don't you?

I happen to actually enjoy the decorations at the value resorts. I find the kitcshy icons humorous and light-hearted. To me, they go better with the fun of a Disney vacation than does the "proper" atmosphere of the Grand Floridian or the Beach Club. I prefer the rooms at the Poly to those at Pop, but I like the theming at Pop more. I also like the availability of a large food court, rather than the Gasparilla Grill or the Contempo Cafe. Is it wrong for me to enjoy the value resorts?

And what if I want a kitchen and two separate bedrooms for the kids? Now I'm limited to the villas if I want to stay on property. And at $500/night...I'd prefer to spend $100 a night for a great condo 5 minutes away, and spend the money on backstage tours, signature restaurants, charitable contributions, and a bunch of other things that give me the magic I desire.

You find magic your way. Others find it theirs. Neither way is more REAL than any other.

Well someone is getting defensive. And you just had to put in that little slight about charitable contributions, right?

Spike (if I may abbreviate your name) was not even remotely implying that unless you stay at a deluxe, you won't have a real, full magical experience. (Although I would make that argument based on personal experience, I would never make a blanket statement like that.) He was simply saying that for him, the rich atmosphere and theme of the deluxe resorts allow his vacation to really continue. Its hard not to get "swallowed up" whilst sitting on your balcony overlooking Crescent Lake or Storm-along-bay. Honestly, it takes me to a different place. So the implication is not that a deluxe is the ONLY way for one to experience the fullest extent of the "magic" (if you will), but rather its the only way for HIM. (or me.) So perhaps you shouldn't be so defensive, because he was essentially making your point. (Find your magic your way, ect.)

Ramble over.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Well someone is getting defensive. And you just had to put in that little slight about charitable contributions, right?

Spike (if I may abbreviate your name) was not even remotely implying that unless you stay at a deluxe, you won't have a real, full magical experience. (Although I would make that argument based on personal experience, I would never make a blanket statement like that.) He was simply saying that for him, the rich atmosphere and theme of the deluxe resorts allow his vacation to really continue. Its hard not to get "swallowed up" whilst sitting on your balcony overlooking Crescent Lake or Storm-along-bay. Honestly, it takes me to a different place. So the implication is not that a deluxe is the ONLY way for one to experience the fullest extent of the "magic" (if you will), but rather its the only way for HIM. (or me.) So perhaps you shouldn't be so defensive, because he was essentially making your point. (Find your magic your way, ect.)

Ramble over.

If that is the case, I misread his post, mianly due to this sentence -- If you however want to have a REAL magic Disney experience your Disney resort plays a vital role.

I took that as a suggestion that his way is the REAL way and other ways are not. If that wasn't the intent, Spike gets an apology from me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom