Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Bocabear

I consider it Dumbing It Down when you take an attraction like The Living Seas....which gave us the history of the creation of the seas...and then walked us forward into a technological future...and then made it all real as it transported us into that future Sea Base Alpha... That was brilliant story telling and set you up to want to learn more... Now it is just about Finding Nemo..oh, and here is an aquarium...

Brer Panther

Oh my......... That first picture looks so... so......... I can't even find the words. That's what replaced the beautiful fjord scene? And Odin on the lift hill? Disney, what have you done..........
I was under the impression from the picture that Marshmallow would be replacing the tree stump with eyes.

But do we *really* know the reason Maelstrom has been replaced by Frozen Ever After? Do we know the actual NEED that led to this project? A fairly common assumption seems to be that it was simply to insert Frozen into the parks somewhere because the movie was popular, but I have to wonder if there was more to it than that, especially since there are other less expensive and less permanent ways to do that (for example the various Frozen-themed events etc. at DHS).
Somehow, I highly doubt that there was any reason for this other than "Frozen is popular, and getting rid of this random ride we're just gonna pick out of a hat is cheaper than building a ride from scratch".

jt04

I think Frozen was destined for the MK until the FLE 2.0 changed everything. Anyone who complained about FLE 1.0 should not be complaining about this.

aladdin2007

I was under the impression from the picture that Marshmallow would be replacing the tree stump with eyes.

Somehow, I highly doubt that there was any reason for this other than "Frozen is popular, and getting rid of this random ride we're just gonna pick out of a hat is cheaper than building a ride from scratch".

Correct, right before the drop down.

wdwgreek

First glimpse of the actual attraction
frozen1-jpg.142277

troll-752x1200-jpg.142278
huh. interesting, the first one is on the lift hill the second one is the backwards drop? where the trolls used to be. I geuss imagineers figured replace One troll with another, cause who cares

aaronml

huh. interesting, the first one is on the lift hill the second one is the backwards drop? where the trolls used to be. I geuss imagineers figured replace One troll with another, cause who cares
Correction: The first one is right before the drop and the second one is right before the lift hill.

Donaldfan1934

Oh my......... That first picture looks so... so......... I can't even find the words. That's what replaced the beautiful fjord scene? And Odin on the lift hill? Disney, what have you done..........
I don't see anything wrong with these figures. Are you trying to look for flaws? I agree with you that the placement of the attraction is poor, but that doesn't mean that this attraction can't be a great new dark ride regardless.

Mike S

I don't see anything wrong with these figures. Are you trying to look for flaws? I agree with you that the placement of the attraction is poor, but that doesn't mean that this attraction can't be a great new dark ride regardless.
Compare the first photo to the one I posted about two above yours. All that scenery absolutely butchered. Plus these figures look like C Ticket Fantasyland dark ride stuff. In 2016. Looks like the quality of Little Mermaid which is what I was expecting. Now we just wait for the real ride to come to DisneySea and Disneyland.

Last edited:

ProfSavage

No, it's dumbing down when you throw attractions based on American animated films that focus inward on said films into an area meant to celebrate different world cultures or folktales. Frozen Ever After is focused around the film's characters and Madeupistan country of Arendelle, not Norway. Gran Fiesta Tour at least has the courtesy to have the Caballeros running through actual Mexico and thus still serve as a Mexican travelogue.

Right! And one of the characters is Mexican and the Three Caballeros song is based on Ay Jalisco No Te Rajes (a Mexican folk song).

I still contend that yes, a Frozen dark ride is needed/a great addition to WDW. But not in Norway.

Donaldfan1934

Compare the first photo to the one I posted about two above yours. All that scenery absolutely butchered. Plus these figures look like C Ticket Fantasyland dark ride stuff. In 2016. Looks like the quality of Little Mermaid which is what I was expecting.
Regardless of whether or not we think a Frozen ride should've been an E-Ticket, not every ride needs to be an E-Ticket. That mentality automatically prevent people from seeing the worth in a lot of attractions. And if you think that a C-Ticket Fantasyland dark ride can't work in 2016, just look at Shanghai's PPF. Personally, I didn't like Maelstrom at all, so while it may have been a much better fit, I think I'll prefer this attraction. But comparing the two pictures objectively as stand alone images seperate from their experiences, one doesn't look significantly better or worse than the other.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom