Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

aladdin2007

Maybe its been posted in the 32 pages before this...

But all I wanna know is.... are they going to take out the over-priced Helly Hansen jackets and ski lodge sweaters from the first gift shop after you exit Maelstrom!?!?!?

I'm assuming they'll be the first to go.

geir is going too from what I hear.

DarthGrady

Yes really. Is the malestrom really that amazing? I think it gives the kids one more thing to do in Epcot.

Or they could experience the ride as it is, and learn about some of the culture and mythos of the land on which it's based.

But no, they'll get a dumbed down toy commercial bereft of any educational or cultural value. A cheap movie tie in that has nothing to do with Norway or EPCOT Center.

There is a place for moronic cartoon rides and cheap toy commercials. That place has a castle in front of it and caters to the mini van drones on leave from their little boxes on the hillside.

FutureCEO

Disney's a billion dollar company. No petition written or online is going to stop them. Losing money will stop them. When you have record attendance, why build new things. I'm doing Disney speak not my speak. Well, maybe some of my speak.

All I want to know is - will the line of this new Frozen get in the way of the bakery? I must have my schoolbread.

And I think I might be done with this thread, I already have enough comments in here. Unless someone says something stupid.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Or they could experience the ride as it is, and learn about some of the culture and mythos of the land on which it's based.

But no, they'll get a dumbed down toy commercial bereft of any educational or cultural value. A cheap movie tie in that has nothing to do with Norway or EPCOT Center.

There is a place for moronic cartoon rides and cheap toy commercials. That place has a castle in front of it and caters to the mini van drones on leave from their little boxes on the hillside.

Yes. I can tell you are very superior to those you insult. :rolleyes:

BigTxEars

Because everything is all about THE KIDS!

Oh wait, no, it never was supposed to be JUST for kids.

No doubt, but as a adult (well most of the time) I enjoy the link to Disney animation they have in the parks. Not being able to go to WDW but once a year but watching Disney animation all year I enjoy seeing it when I am there. It just feels like I am at the "home" of all those movies I watch.

BigTxEars

Disney's a billion dollar company. No petition written or online is going to stop them. Losing money will stop them. When you have record attendance, why build new things. I'm doing Disney speak not my speak. Well, maybe some of my speak.

All I want to know is - will the line of this new Frozen get in the way of the bakery? I must have my schoolbread.

And I think I might be done with this thread, I already have enough comments in here. Unless someone says something stupid.

LOL I think it will in the way of everything in Norway for a while :) But it should pull some folks away from other rides!

donaldtoo

It used to be interesting to be in Epcot without having to drink.. ;)

th

BigTxEars

I take it you don't go to the MK much :)

lazyboy97o

Matthew from PA on September 12th, 2014 at 1:45 pm
"Very excited to see a Frozen attraction coming soon. Any details on what it will be (is it still a boat ride of the same length?). Also, I’m curious on how the story of Norway will be represented in the attraction. World showcase to me has always been about portraying the background, culture and history of the country it represents. Even the updated boat ride in Mexico that introduced the Three Cabelleros kept the idea of visiting the actual Mexico as part of the storyline.

1b9637f2d7b7c7e92e74b48af1600518

Tom Staggs on September 12th, 2014 at 6:26 pm
We’re excited for the Frozen attraction, too, Matthew. While we
don’t want to give away the whole show, we’re well aware that what
people love most about Frozen are its heartwarming story, the wonderful
characters the film brought to life, and the amazing music throughout
the film. The attraction is designed to let guests experience and
immerse themselves in all those key elements. And we think it’s a
natural fit to locate the Frozen attraction at Epcot’s Norway Pavilion,
which showcases the country that helped inspire the film."

Oh look at you beating around the bush, Tom..

So he's pretty much saying that there is going to be NO Norwegian culture anymore.. HOW NICE.

I guess we have to welcome the stupid snow princesses..
It's amazing how Staggs was able to complete avoid any of the questions posed to him in regards to keeping Norway's heritage. Amazing.
He actually answered the question in a surprising direct manner. Norway is not going to be present. The Archair Imagineer idea of a guided tour of Norway is not happening. He doesn't even bother mentioning tired excuse of the aesthetic inspiration.

Yes really. Is the malestrom really that amazing? I think it gives the kids one more thing to do in Epcot.
If your kids don't like the park then don't bring them to the park.

mousehockey37

I've said in other threads on other topics, if you want Disney to change, you have to hit them where it hurts... Their stock. It just keeps going up. If that number representing their share price goes down, they'll start to listen in a BIG hurry.

ryan1

One other thing that I just thought of since I can only assume the gift shop area will be redone... will the chocolate bars in the yellow wrapper still be available? The name of it I cannot pronounce nor spell.

It is the BEST chocolate I have ever had hands down. I use to stock up on it when I visited only two or three times a year back and it cost $2.25 a bar. Now its $5.75 a bar and on the verge of not being worth the cost (especially since the caramel popcorn came to Germany) but I still like having the option to buy it on my now frequent visits.

The perfume and sweaters I can live without but keep the chocolate...for the kids.

BigTxEars

It used to be interesting to be in Epcot without having to drink.. ;)

It still is, but a wee bit of booze never hurts IMO. :) Well I can only drink in WS, Mission Space already makes me sick without the booze.

I think I could sit thru "Fried Green Tomatoes" or even "Twilight" with enough booze. Well maybe not "Twilight" .....

TomP

All I know is that I'd much rather have my kids see yet another attraction based on a cartoon in a fictional "kingdom" than do something counter productive...like, you know, learn something about an actual culture in an actual country of the world in which they will live.

Nubs70

Or what about these guys? They seems like THE definition of Canada...

...Although, can imagine seeing this in Circle-Vision? Reservations at Le Cellier would go up 15% from guests leaving the attraction:p

That burger contains 24.725 days of calories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom