Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

jdmdisney99

The 21st century began October 1, 1982.
It ended September 12, 2014.
epcot21stends.jpg

Cesar R M

All they needed to do was open a new pavilion every five years or so... yeah WS would be looking pretty crowded by now, but you'd never get anyone complaining things were stale.
considering Disney wants the countries to pay a chunk of the developing (despite having insane $$$ reserves). Id say that its a pipe dream.

I would sign that, but it don't want to give them my address.

yeah, angry fanboys (like the lifestylers) might stalk you.
Worse, if you get murdered.. they will convert you into a CSI episode. :hilarious:

Pocahontas

Sigh. They're really pushing Frozen, aren't they.

I don't have a problem with a Frozen itself or even a Frozen ride.

My problem is that they are replacing Maelstrom and changing Norway as a whole.

The World Showcase is supposed to be about culture. The countries aren't meant to be commercialized by Disney products and characters - they're almost sacred that way. I understand and encourage integrating characters and products in, but they aren't to take away from the experience. For example, the princesses that are placed in pavilions seem absolutely fine to me. Same with selling products with the Disney name on them. But, please, just don't let it completely take over and consume Norway and turn it into Arendelle.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Not really, we are taking issue with the notion that NYC is the be all/end all of civilization. Perhaps if you just realized the other 6.92 billion people who don't live in New York City might have a different opinion then we could all move on.

Well, that's 6.92 billion mow rons. New yawk is the numbah one city, ok? Youah a mongo if you think othawise.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Better is again relative. What is better/worse to you and me is different that what is better to the majority of people in the country.

You average theme park guest like an attraction like TT more than WoM.

You average 9 year old loves Turtle Talk more than a trip in the Sea Cabs.

If it gives you any indication of what the general public sees as entertaining, Nicki Minaj has sold millions of records and once had seven singles simultaneously charting on the Billboard top 100.
YES! I think Brave and Tangled were far superior movies/stories.

I blame society for liking a crappy song and a descent movie and making the monster it is. Your Nicki Minaj analogy couldn't prove my case more.

All just MHO of course.

I understand Im in the minority and basically on an island here. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
YES! I think Brave and Tangled were far superior movies/stories.

I blame society for liking a crappy song and a descent movie and making the monster it is. Your Nicki Minaj analogy couldn't prove my case more.

All just MHO of course.

I understand Im in the minority and basically on an island here. :)
I could not agree more.

What could we tear down in the UK so we could put up a Brave attraction?

dr-evil-laugh-o.gif

erasure fan1

World showcase just doesn't do it for kids. Sure Agent P has helped a bit... but in the end, the entire family has to find a reason to visit a park, and a lot of younger kids (frozen target market) are more interested in spending the day at a child care center, than walking around world showcase.
While I do agree with your point on world showcase, this replacement isn't the way to go about changing it. World showcase needs at least 2 more rides somewhere between Japan and Canada. Frozen doesn't change the fact that world showcase is a snooze fest for kids. They will still have no real desire to go past Norway. If Disney cared at all, they would give Frozen a proper spot in the parks (fantasy land or someplace by the animation courtyard) instead of this obvious money grab. Heck maybe if Big Hero 6 is a success we can replace the American adventure with that since its based in San Fransokyo and Japan is right next door. Its PERFECT right?

This is a new low for Disney and their placement of characters. I can accept Nemo (accept not love) as the theme does still fit, but this is just plain ignorant. I hope that they plan to expand the show building and give it the scope it deserves at least. But sadly that's not really Disneys style.

mousehockey37

I could not agree more.

What could we tear down in the UK so we could put up a Brave attraction?

dr-evil-laugh-o.gif

Well, Disney also missed the boat with Tangled. Sure, they made the bathroom in MK, but they missed the golden opportunity for a restaurant. The Snuggly Duckling. It would've been awesome to actually see them build it, but no, we got the tower and some toilets...

BlackCauldron

It will be interesting to see what further information TDO puts out on this one. It seems that they will be caught between a rock and a hard place. The current incarnation of Maelstrom is maddeningly short - many folks get off and say "that was it??". If they simple use the existing track and turn it into a straight-up Frozen ride, folks will still get off with a "that was it" feeling. And we all know that an overlay that tries to blend Frozen with some remaining vestige of Norway will fall flat - TDO simply doesn't have the creativity needed for that (look at the Seas for a prime example of how NOT to change something).

Further, the pavilion just isn't set up in a way conducive to managing large crowds. A new Frozen attraction PLUS a meet and greet? Not possible to put all those people in that small a space. Expanding the pavilion into the pad between Mexico and Norway would help with this, but that would cost significantly more money.

It's also interesting that Disney seems to sure that Frozen will still even be a hot ticket in 2016. There will be quite a few animated features between now and then to take the limelight. The only way that Frozen could still be incredibly popular 2 years from now is if Disney continues to beat it to death - and at that point, I would imagine many consumers would simply get sick of seeing it.

Finally - when are they going to do the obvious thing and put the Frozen sisters into Akershus?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom