Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

baloofigment14

BzMCepHCEAEUn3w.jpg:large

BigTxEars

and ThemeParkReview is still acting like paid Disney shills...frozen will be amazing, everyone who doesn't like the idea is stupid, etc. :rolleyes:

What did they post in reference to that?

They do have this huge disclaimer on their front page

"Disclaimer! You need a sense of humor to view our site, if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!"

Maybe a joke gone bad?

MerlinTheGoat

They probably also think the current Imagination is amazing and everyone who doesn't like that is stupid.
and ThemeParkReview is still acting like paid Disney shills...frozen will be amazing, everyone who doesn't like the idea is stupid, etc. :rolleyes:
I recall watching a ridethrough of the ET ride at Universal and they were groaning about it the whole time. I believe at the end he said "this ride needs to be replaced by anything"... Thank goodness it sounds like Universal appears to have better sense than to listen to nutters like this and is keeping it around.

They tend to mock rides in their videos (they tend to visit a lot of cheap and crappy parks/rides and really start to mock them when they do), but often times they're serious about it as well. They appear to be serious about approving of Frozen at Maelstrom, reading their comments on their last ride on Maelstrom they fully support the toonification of EPCOT and say they hated EPCOT in the 80's. While he's entitled to his opinions, he also claims EPCOT never worked and was never popular in the first place without toons and princesses, just flat out wrong and truly ignorant to say the least.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Agreed. Sometimes I want to watch a video of a ride to see what it is and sometimes they have the only videos available. But their annoying comments and mocking all the way thru make them the worst.
Absolutely agreed, and their videos i've found are often some of the better quality ones out there which makes it more annoying to have to tolerate their obnoxiousness.

On the one hand I appreciate the fact that they're getting lots of high quality videos from parks I wouldn't even normally know about (let alone visit), but it becomes hard to enjoy when they're just talking through the entire thing and instigating arguments like this (particularly with either poorly informed statements or even insults towards people who either like or dislike something that clashes with their own personal opinions)...

Keep them on mute if you watch their videos where they mouth off, and hope they don't tilt the camera towards their faces to make stupid comments directly to the audience.

Last edited:

BigTxEars

Absolutely agreed, and their videos i've found are often some of the better quality ones out there which makes it more annoying to have to tolerate their obnoxiousness.

On the one hand I appreciate the fact that they're getting lots of high quality videos from parks I wouldn't even normally know about (let alone visit), but it becomes hard to enjoy when they're just talking through the entire thing and instigating arguments like this (particularly with either poorly informed statements or even insults towards people who either like or dislike something that clashes with their own personal opinions)...

Keep them on mute if you watch their videos where they mouth off, and hope they don't tilt the camera towards their faces to make stupid comments directly to the audience.

I'm going to have to check them out, as long as they state up front that they are being wisebutts I can deal with it :)

MerlinTheGoat

I'm going to have to check them out, as long as they state up front that they are being wisebutts I can deal with it :)
They're more serious than you realize. They might be being silly about things, but their comments on their youtube video for the last ride on Maelstrom state they support the toonification of EPCOT.

Here's one of the comments-

But you forget that Disney DID try this concept, and it didn't work. It didn't resonate with people. Then they started putting the Disney characters back in the park and people, most importantly kids, LOVE it! My wife was a kid in the 80s growing up in Florida and HATED having to go to Epcot with her school. It was boring and they couldn't stand the park. My 7 year old daughter now LOVES it and think it's the best Disney park thanks to the changes they have made over the years to make the park more appealing to all ages.

The park YOU want, Diane, doesn't appeal to the masses, isn't what guests want, and wasn't making any money for the park.

People that are b****ing about Frozen being added to the park forget that you can also find Donald Duck, Mulan, Aladdin, Snow White, Alice, Mary Poppins, Aristocats, and many other Disney characters all over Epcot now. Get used to it, because it's not going to change. And personally, we think it's GREAT!

Lots of inaccuracies in there, particularly the comments regarding people hating EPCOT even when it was new because it didn't have characters. EPCOT was immensely popular in the 80's and early 90's, i'd actually say it's decline in popularity can be traced back to the mid 90's when they razed Future World and dumbed everything down. It was certainly not lacking popularity in the 80's and early 90's despite the lack of characters.

There was a topic a while back with an overhead monorail video of EPCOT taken from the late 80's to early 90's of the park, showing it packed to the brim (even highly efficient and high capacity rides like Horizons, WoM, SSE and Imagination had incredibly long lines).

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Current nationwide trending topics on Twitter. Neither term is listed. Not trending in Orlando either, which it seems if it would trend in any location it'd be there.

2h8crj6.png
soccer day, no surprise to see the arsenal vs chelsea tags very high.
specially when there was an almost fight between Mourinho and Wenger (DTs of each team)

Cesar R M

they probably tried to use the style by many youtubers nowadays.
aka using 4chan jokes nonstop, to inflate and act "special" when they review or post something.

BigTxEars

They're more serious than you realize. They might be being silly about things, but their comments on their youtube video for the last ride on Maelstrom state they support the toonification of EPCOT.

Lots of inaccuracies in there, particularly the comments regarding people hating EPCOT even when it was new because it didn't have characters. EPCOT was immensely popular in the 80's and early 90's, i'd actually say it's decline in popularity can be traced back to the mid 90's when they razed Future World and dumbed everything down. It was certainly not lacking popularity in the 80's and early 90's despite the lack of characters.

There was a topic a while back with an overhead monorail video of EPCOT taken from the late 80's to early 90's of the park, showing it packed to the brim (even highly efficient and high capacity rides like Horizons, WoM, SSE and Imagination had incredibly long lines).

I guess when they post that huge disclaimer on the front page I just expect them to try and ruffle people's feathers. I certainly do not think they want to be taken as serious news type site when they post a disclaimer like that. I would just take everything they post with a grain of salt because of that :)

Mike S

You mean this video? Found it easily by searching for the comment I made on it :)

Really looks like an unpopular park. It desperately needed character rides to keep people interested :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom