Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

jt04

I agree, can't be ruled out, but I think it's unlikely. This is also based on the permit that was filed. The contractor on that permit would be the one doing that major work of removing the old and installing the new ride system if it was happening. The permit has no expiration so the work will likely take far less then a year to do. By contrast they are the same contractor on the Soundstage 1 project which doesn't expire for two years. If that project really is the new Toy Story Track it's hard to believe it would take them less time to gut and re-do Maelstrom, then it would take to install a copy of an existing ride system in a pretty much empty building.

Obviously none of this is certain, but it definitely skews my opinion towards no new ride system.

Well then in my opinion they need to write the ride's motif into the Frozen franchise. Whether as part of a short or even in a sequel. Just like they should have written IOA's 'Lost Continent' aesthetics into HP so they could expand through that section. IMO.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well then in my opinion they need to write the ride's motif into the Frozen franchise. Whether as part of a short or even in a sequel. Just like they should have written IOA's 'Lost Continent' aesthetics into HP so they could expand through that section. IMO.

I am not sure what you mean by this since a ride system doesn't have a "motif". I don't imagine any of the visual elements of the ride will survive. The only question mark is whether they alter the appearance of the boats.

jt04

I am not sure what you mean by this since a ride system doesn't have a "motif". I don't imagine any of the visual elements of the ride will survive. The only question mark is whether they alter the appearance of the boats.

I am saying that if they keep the ride system they should include it in a storyline somewhere. Especially the going backwards part.

baloofigment14

From @ ThemeParkReview " Here's what the crowd looked like right when they opened the doors for #Maelstrom one last time!
BzMTxu_CUAEAsbp.jpg:large

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom