Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Tod&BigMamaOdie

I haven't been around these parts much lately so I haven't read the latest rumors, but do our insiders feel that they (TDO/WDI) will keep the boats & overlay Frozen theming or gut the ride & use new ride system (like Remy)?

Macca250

double_facepalm_by_chicho234-d4sc9fq.jpg

Pirate665

Why do they always do this to EPCOT? Seriously, why? Frozen wasn't eve that good. I must not be the only person to walk out of the theater on that movie. Or am I? Oh well, here comes more people to Epcot. Meanwhile WoL still needs love and UoE needs love as well... But more TRON on TT and more characters in Tue park. That will make everyone happy.

pumpkin7

Yay! 9 hour wait times, here we come. Not.

Now I have no love at all for Maelstrom. I found it quite boring (sorry to the nords!). I just can't remember a single thing about the ride other than the polar bear.
But, I would gladly take that if they do to this what they did to the Seas. World Showcase should be for worldly things, not characters. I know that Donald invaded Mexico... is there anywhere else that characters have invaded or are they just trying to do it sneakily one country at a time?

Mike S

Everyone is going to lose childhood favorites, obviously it hurts but if things stayed the same we wouldn't have some great rides. I'm sure someone loved Food Rocks as a kid, and because it's gone now I get to enjoy Soarin when I go.

From a completely objective standpoint, what do you feel Disney should have done? Assuming that Maelstrom's popularity was on the wane, should they have left it as is? Should they have updated it?
An update that is appropriate, of course. Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean are also favorites of mine and I absolutely LOVE what has been done to them over the years. I would love if Disney would give Maelstrom that kind of attention but no, they're shoving in cartoons.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I don't know why you guys still think this will be a cheap overlay. It's clearly written a BRAND NEW ATTRACTION.
It does appear that will be the case. I don't know if that's a positive, though. At least as an overlay, it might still have something to do with real Norway. Now it seems it'll be a completely replacement of all but the ride system, to turn it into a "ride through the movie". Hooray for "all new". Boo for turning the thing into a fantasy ride.

And, it's still cheaper than building the exact same ride somewhere that it actually belongs.

Matt7187

Now I have no love at all for Maelstrom. I found it quite boring (sorry to the nords!). I just can't remember a single thing about the ride other than the polar bear.
But, I would gladly take that if they do to this what they did to the Seas. World Showcase should be for worldly things, not characters. I know that Donald invaded Mexico... is there anywhere else that characters have invaded or are they just trying to do it sneakily one country at a time?
CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT!!!!!!!!
They started with Mexico, moved next door to Norway. Hide the Chinese, they are next!!

Cesar R M

Coming Soon: Kristoff's Petting Zoo.

Meet and Greet Sven (The reindeer) and Kirstoff as they teach the importance of eating healthy meals. For just $5 you can buy a carrot and oats to feed Sven and his Arendelle Forest friends. In Animal Kingdom's new Frozen Conservation Station.
That wouldn't be that bad if they did show Norwegian and Snow based animals with educational segments.
bad if it was just a cookie cutter M&G.

Im actually gonna post about the intended topic!

I am 29, and have been to Disney a bazillion times (thats a scientific number haha). It is sad to see Maelstrom being replaced...truly is. But unfortunately, it is just another step in which has become almost common place for TDO, to cut corners and a stage a quick (un-needed) fix.

There is no legitimate reason, in my mind at least, to throw a Frozen overlay/replacement, to Maelstrom. Have they learned nothing? Leave well enough alone.

With the MASSIVE movie, global phenomenon, that is/was Frozen, there is no reason why they could not have built a new attraction from scratch, in MK or DHS.

Don't take the cheap and easy way out, do what is right and leave Maelstrom alone and build Frozen its own attraction (which it deserves), not an attraction retrofitted into a pre-existing ride, which has a less than stellar hourly capacity.

Cesar R M

As a Mexican, I still wonder what the hell Donald has to do with Mexico in the first place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom