Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Education in Epcot had a long and storied life, but today slipped away quietly after a long slow decline in health.

Education in Epcot was born in 1966 to Walt Disney, father of many mind boggling and forward thinking achievements. In it's youth, it's father dreamed of a Utopian city, melding some of industry's leaders together to create a new world for the future. Sadly, Education in Epcot's father passed away shortly after it's birth.

As Education in Epcot grew, it realized it's true calling, to bring out the best in human civilization by fostering excitement among people big and small, educating people from all walks of life about the technologies and dreams of the future, as well as exposing people to the global community that would need to come together to make these dreams come true.

During it's teenage years, Education in Epcot contracted a case of malaise brought on by poor decision making from it's new foster parents. Starting in 1994, it started losing some of it's most important fundamental beliefs. It started to lose it's energy and mobility in 1996, it's imagination in 1998, and by late 1999, all of it's dreams of the future crumbled away.

Education in Epcot still maintained a love for foreign travel though, and continued to enjoy life with it's love for cuisine and world music. These loves could only be sustained for so long though, and signs of it's death started cropping up in the past few years. It quietly passed away today, it's last heartbeat frozen in time. It's death was announced in a short statement on social media.

It is survived by it's half-sibling Corporate Greed.

Education in Epcot: 1966 - 2014. Rest in Peace.

Donations can be made in Education in Epcot's honor to local school systems and libraries.

Last edited:

Bolna

Are the Norwegian tourism boards being ignorant and culturally insensitive too? They seem to be happy with using Frozen as a hook to drum up tourism to their country:

http://en.trondelag.com/disneys-frozen-inspired-by-trondelag-central-norway/

http://campaign.visitnorway.com/us/Disney-Frozen/Disneys-Frozen--inspired-by-Norway/

http://www.nordnorge.com/en/frozen/?News=405

No - they are inviting people to come and see the real Norway that inspired a beloved film. Disney is taking away part of what is showing the real Norway to show off their film. Big difference.

bhg469

very sad to hear this is really going to happen. maelstrom has been part of epcot for so many years but because of money it is being replaced. disney has forgotten about nostalgia. it all has become about money and greed.
It's not even nostalgia, the whole concept of world showcase is now a joke. Dumbed down so that mommy bloggers will be satisfied. Little caiden, aiden, and braiden can have their snowman cupcakes and princesses.

jakeman

Education in Epcot had a long and storied life, but today slipped away quietly after a long slow decline in health.

Education in Epcot was born in 1966 to Walt Disney, father of many mind boggling and forward thinking achievements. In it's youth, it's father dreamed of a Utopian city, melding some of industry's leaders together to create a new world for the future. Sadly, Education in Epcot's father passed away shortly after it's birth.

As Education in Epcot grew, it realized it's true calling, to bring out the best in human civilization by fostering excitement among people big and small, educating people from all walks of life about the technologies and dreams of the future, as well as exposing people to the global community that would need to come together to make these dreams come true.

During it's teenage years, Education in Epcot contracted a case of malaise brought on by poor decision making from it's new foster parents. Starting in 1994, it started losing some of it's most important fundamental beliefs. It started to lose it's energy and mobility in 1996, it's imagination in 1998, and by late 1999, all of it's dreams of the future crumbled away.

Education in Epcot still maintained a love for foreign travel though, and continued to enjoy life with it's love for cuisine and world music. These loves could only be sustained for so long though, and signs of it's death started cropping up in the past few years. It quietly passed away today, it's last heartbeat frozen in time. It's death was announced in a short statement on social media.

It is survived by it's half-sibling Corporate Greed.

Education in Epcot: 1966 - 2014. Rest in Peace.

Donations can be made in Education of Epcot's honor to local school systems and libraries.
Oh now you're just fishing for likes...:p

mikeb_86

Thare are pro and cons to this amusement. I think most of us would like to have seen concept art and a time frame for this to start and end! For me i welcome a idea of a frozen ride if done in a good way. Hopefully we will hear more on this soon. Any of our inside sources know more?

mouse_luv

I guess I don't mind the Frozen Characters being incorporated into Christmas at the Magic Kingdom. For one, the wintery theme fits nicely. So why not put them into a show? And the Magic Kingdom is where these characters belong! I think you, and I as well, are suffering from Frozen overkill. But I cannot fault this move.

As for adding cartoon character rides in World Showcase? That is something that I fundamentally disagree with on so many levels. Right now, two parks have an identity crisis and are deteriorating before our eyes. In DHS, we have a park that has lost direction on its original theme and intent (there are several threads that discuss this further). As for EPCOPT, it has several empty ( Wonders of Life), under used ( Universe of Energy ) or perversely not fun ( Imagination ) pavilions. To further degrade the park by introducing a ride that clearly should be in a Fantasy Land building (isn't there a former Snow White ride building taking up space?) is clearly a sign that WDW is being run by a management team that has no clear vision on how to advance each park's individual theme and purpose.

I agree, except I think the thing that bothers me the most is that they are turning the lighting of the castle into a Frozen event. The show with the Fairy Godmother made more sense bc it is "Cinderella Castle" after all, it's not Elsa's ice palace or whatever the heck it's called. It's overkill. I'm sick of it.

Now, the thing with the cultures and the world showcase countries, they need to just stop! This is really screwing up the "cultural experience" of those of us that are there to experience *gasp* the culture of the "WORLD SHOWCASE." Just this past weekend, I stood next to an older kid in the Norway pavilion that looked at his mom while pointing at the Stave Church and said..."LOOK MOM IT'S THE CABIN FROM FROZEN!" I promptly shook my head and looked at the kid and went "No...that is a Stave Church, NOT a cabin." Face palmed at my DBF and we walked off. Bleh!:arghh:

lazyboy97o

This is exactly what I am talking about. The first nail has yet to be driven and you are already assuming that Frozen will be of lesser quality than Maelstrom.
Themed experiences are all about a bigger whole that is more than the sum of its parts. Frozen is lesser quality because it contradicts its greater themed environment. It does not matter if the greatest attraction in the world is built because the experience is more than a disconnected series of rides.

Hula Popper

No - they are inviting people to come and see the real Norway that inspired a beloved film. Disney is taking away part of what is showing off the real Norway to show off their film. Big difference.

Ahh....I see...Disney is ignorant and culturally insensitive for exploiting the Norwegian inspiration of a beloved film, but Norway isn't. Yep, huge difference, thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom