Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

erasure fan1

Their strategy seems to we working in the short term, but I fear it will fail long term and will leave a lot of damage to be repaired.
I agree. Will our kids find Disney world as special as we did and want to bring their kids back? Maybe, maybe not. Will Disney world continue to be a bucket list family vacation? The damage you can do to your brand by making extremely short sighted decisions generally doesn't show its face until some time later. A recipe for disaster is thinking you're the best and their is no chance of being knocked off no matter what you or anyone else does.

Sped2424

Does frozen fit in the world showcase? No. Pure and simple. Does that make it a bad film or a trend because of this change? No. Pure and simple. What should have been done would have been more expensive, a brand new ride or land somewhere else preferably the magic kingdom, heck even hollywood studios wouldn't have been that bad. What is being done is the option that will save the most money, shut down an old ride and put a new popular one in not a new way of thinking, but still a shame. I can't wait to see how such a small area that couldn't even handle a meet and greet based off these characters is going to handle a ride. It's going to be scrumptious to watch the chaos. So let's stop going over the back and forths of that, we know what's happening and on october 5th more of the World Showcases backbone will be sadly ripped out. Also I find it odd that some on here have no issues with the caballero's down the street, but consider frozen moving in the final straw. The world showcase lost it's real identity the minute donald made a home in mexico.

BigTxEars

I have absolutely no problem with Frozen, if they spent the time and money to put it someplace thematically appropriate

I find it quite sad that you don't seem to understand what made Disney parks so great in the first place. :(

Oh stop it with that worn out mess already please, I and others understand it just fine. Please stop acting as if the folks who are opposed to this are the only ones that "get" Disney. Honestly that is just s silly thing to say. What makes Disney special to you does not have to make is special to me, nor the other way around. It ties into that plain old stupid ideal that has been presented on this thread way too many times that if your not opposed to this move it's only because your not smart enough to be. The arrogance of that thought process is really just nauseating to me.

BigTxEars

Make believe characters from Norwegian folklore (not to mention historical Vikings) and make believe characters from an American animation studio. Yeah, really no difference there when it comes to which would fit more in a pavilion based on the real life country of Norway :rolleyes:

Also, Disney was a for profit business when they cared about theme in their theme parks and they did just fine.

They care about the theme parks now, you just don't agree with the direction. Not the same thing.

If you want to carry the "Frozen and Norway are not related in anyway" torch then keep on carrying it. Some of us know better :)

Mike S

Oh stop it with that worn out mess already please, I and others understand it just fine. Please stop acting as if the folks who are opposed to this are the only ones that "get" Disney. Honestly that is just s silly thing to say. What makes Disney special to you does not have to make is special to me, nor the other way around. It ties into that plain old stupid ideal that has been presented on this thread way too many times that if your not opposed to this move it's only because your not smart enough to be. The arrogance of that thought process is really just nauseating to me.
They care about the theme parks now, you just don't agree with the direction. Not the same thing.

If you want to carry the "Frozen and Norway are not related in anyway" torch then keep on carrying it. Some of us know better :)
Hypocritical much?

BigTxEars

just ignore the person, we're going back to square one.
I dont think the person will EVER understand. I think its the 11th attempt by now.
Same cycle. same denial.

I understand your opinion just fine, I don't agree with it. That is beyond your ability to accept so you write it off as a lack of ability to understand on my part. Your just not willing to accept that you opinions just that, your opinion and nothing more. But keep using capital letters in your post because that makes everything a fact I hear :)

Cesar R M

Hypocritical much?
The "Person" in questions is really reaching Jt04 levels of disinformation, trolling and outright denial.

Almost feels like trend.

Because very BAD change in WDW, its either met with at least ONE who will insist how the change is the best thing since sliced bread and the second coming of our lord Saviour Jesus Christ. :rolleyes:

I mean, anyone remembers the Poly Loby? and I think it was daddio who was "best thing evah!"
before that, It was Jimmy Thick with other changes in WDW.
Then JT04 (who hilariously as acknowledged that he has NEVER visited WDW or universal studios)

BrerJon

I've thought of another thing they might do for the singalong boat ride... you know how they've been adding on-ride photos? How about the ride records the sound and image from your boat as you sing along, and at the end you get a video of you singing with Anna and Elsa as you go through Arrendale, with Olaf digitally added to create your own Frozen mini-movie to take home.

BigTxEars

Hypocritical much?

How many times have the relation between the two been posted on this thread in both picture and text? If Olaf was waving the Norwegian flag in the movie your would still try and deny it. :)

But like I have said so many times it's irrelevant where Frozen was suppose to have taken place, it's been linked with Norway with the public and that is enough to dropped Olaf in WS IMO.

Disneyhead'71

As Henry Ford said: “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

And as Steve Jobs once said: “A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.”

Disney shouldn't just be asking guests what they want and serving it up, they should be coming up with stuff that guests will love but could never have thought of by themselves.
Walt Disney Imagineering doesn't have the creative brain trust to Imagineer the unimaginable anymore.

BigTxEars

The "Person" in questions is really reaching Jt04 levels of disinformation, trolling and outright denial.

Almost feels like trend.

Because very BAD change in WDW, its either met with at least ONE who will insist how the change is the best thing since sliced bread and the second coming of our lord Saviour Jesus Christ. :rolleyes:

I mean, anyone remembers the Poly Loby? and I think it was daddio who was "best thing evah!"
before that, It was Jimmy Thick with other changes in WDW.
Then JT04 (who hilariously as acknowledged that he has NEVER visited WDW or universal studios)

Your desperation to try and prove your point is showing with this post, more capital letters and writing other's opinions off by trying to place them in the extreme far reaches of the debate. Typical poor debating skills used when someone feels desperate to try and have other accept their views as correct.

Admiral01

Premium Member
How many times have the relation between the two been posted on this thread in both picture and text? If Olaf was waving the Norwegian flag in the movie your would still try and deny it. :)

But like I have said so many times it's irrelevant where Frozen was suppose to have taken place, it's been linked with Norway with the public and that is enough to dropped Olaf in WS IMO.

But Olaf wasn't flying the Norwegian flag in the movie. Therefore, that argument is irrelevant.

Frozen was based on the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale "The Snow Queen." "The Snow Queen" was set in Denmark, not Norway. If Olaf had a flag, it would have been Danish.

Disney's attempts to link this film with Norway is all about brand synergy, and to give them a leg to stand on for this Norway destruction.

Mr Anderson

I've thought of another thing they might do for the singalong boat ride... you know how they've been adding on-ride photos? How about the ride records the sound and image from your boat as you sing along, and at the end you get a video of you singing with Anna and Elsa as you go through Arrendale, with Olaf digitally added to create your own Frozen mini-movie to take home.
family_guy_barfing.gif

Cesar R M

Typical poor debating skills used when someone feels desperate to try and have other accept their views as correct.
:hilarious:
you're really a comedy genius and a fine troll, I will give you that.

Specially when you claim about "debating skills".
considering 99% of your replies in this thread as been "I dont care" and disregard the entire forum consensus, blasting their well proven facts as "opinions" then shoehorning your own opinion as facts (and shielding any rebuttal as "thats my opinion".

I understand your opinion just fine, I don't agree with it.

Your just not willing to accept that you opinions just that

Your upset about this so you equate it to a and / poor/ horrible move on Disney's part which is nothing but your opinion. I think it's a fine fit, just my opinion.

But all of this has been beat to death, some on here just want to continue the debate to allow them to express their rage over it again.

he arrogance of that thought process is really just nauseating to me.

*edit*
but then.. you know.. you're right, you're just not worth my time.
Its not like you will ever change of opinion anyway.

Last edited:

Mike S

:hilarious:
you're really a comedy genius and a fine troll, I will give you that.

Specially when you claim about "debating skills".
considering 99% of your replies in this thread as been "I dont care" and disregard the entire forum consensus, blasting their well proven facts as "opinions" then shoehorning your own opinion as facts (and shielding any rebuttal as "thats my opinion".
Don't forget "it fits cause Mickey said so."

BigTxEars

But Olaf wasn't flying the Norwegian flag in the movie. Therefore, that argument is irrelevant.

Frozen was based on the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale "The Snow Queen." "The Snow Queen" was set in Denmark, not Norway. If Olaf had a flag, it would have been Danish.

Disney's attempts to link this film with Norway is all about brand synergy, and to give them a leg to stand on for this Norway destruction.

The point of the flag reference, no matter the evidence some would never admit Frozen and Norway are linked in anyway.

The links to Norway were established well before the move of Frozen into WS, they just were not challenged until some on here saw it as a way to try and "prove" this was a bad move by Disney. Disney is not looking for a leg to stand on nor do they need one to place Frozen in Norway, that is where a majority of their guest think it belongs rather it does or not.

The points on Scandinavian culture and how that relates to Norway/Denmark have been made earlier in this thread. , they are there to read if anybody wants to.

BrerJon

Like it or not (and thousands of five year old girls will love it), they're already doing it with Memory Maker. Look at this Dwarfs video and imagine the Maelstrom version, replacing the music with Frozen songs (and you and your family singing along), the carts with pictures from your boat, and imagine a CGI Olaf sitting in the back seat, probably saying your kids name at the start too... now that's what MyMagic+ was meant to be all about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom