Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Mr Anderson

Exactly the same way I feel about it.
Same here. That shirt became my favorite Disney shirt the exact moment I bought it.

I plan on wearing it on one of our Epcot/World Showcase days on our upcoming trip in December, and throwing up a solidarity fist pump as I walk by Maelstrom.
tumblr_m66wdft5Gc1rwsy4to1_250.gif

Matt_Black

For those saying that the Hans Christian Andersen/ Denmark argument, let me say this- saying that Frozen is based on The Snow Queen is like saying that the film The Lawnmower Man is based on the Stephen King short story.

The Duck

For those saying that the Hans Christian Andersen/ Denmark argument, let me say this- saying that Frozen is based on The Snow Queen is like saying that the film The Lawnmower Man is based on the Stephen King short story.
In all honesty, you're right. I wouldn't even say that it was loosely based on The Snow Queen. At best, Frozen is only sorta/kinda inspired by the original story.

misterID

Well, it's a good thing that Epcot is in Florida, then, isn't it?
And it doesn't belong in EPCOT, either.

But hey, if we're getting Princesslandia TM let's put Princess And The Frog in France. I mean, it's set in New Orleans, and Creole is steeped in France. See, totally logical. And let's put Stitch in Spaceship Earth because... Well, theme and taste doesn't matter anymore in EPCOT so why not.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They care about the theme parks now, you just don't agree with the direction. Not the same thing.

If you want to carry the "Frozen and Norway are not related in anyway" torch then keep on carrying it. Some of us know better :)

I think everyone here understands the relationship between Frozen and Norway, the design of Arendelle was influenced by Norway. I think the exhibit in the Stave Church makes good use of the connection, it shows real Norwegian artifacts, describes their history, and shows how they influenced the designs of Arendelle. Nothing Disney has said so far leads me to believe the Maelstrom will do the same thing.

crispy

Three weeks after the official announcements, and I still can't get worked up about this. Ideally, I would love to see Epcot restored to it's former glory, but ideals rarely mesh with reality. A ride based on a movie that is loosely based on Norwegian culture can't be worse than what we have now which is a horribly dated ride coupled with an even more horribly dated movie.

Haymarket2008

I do have to say...IF and ONLY if the ride is respectfully done and it is an impressive attraction, then I can stomach the inclusion of Frozen into Norway. They honestly should just officially announce that Frozen takes place in Norway instead of "inspired by". That would make things a lot less offensive. At least for me. Because the integration of characters to Norway and presumably the other countries is inevitable, I just hope it is done well and maybe breeds some positive energy into World Showcase. Again, this situation is far from ideal, but if they are gonna do it they really have to do it good. That's my two-cents. Also, I highly doubt Norway as a pavilion will change. Their tourism branch with the cruise has really sky-rocketed so they're not gonna turn it into Arandelle. That just will not happen.

SirLink

Frozen should not be in WS period, no animated characters should appear in WS.

Nope Frozen was based on The Snow Queen film they had in development, but changed tone to make it more family friendly. I mean hell, I remember going on a trip at Primary school to see the Snow Queen - but they wimped out of offending anyone and just instead offend our taste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom