Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Bairstow

Hard to say if they even classify as true animatronics.

Hey, if these things qualify...

Enchanted%20Tiki%20Room%2024.jpg

Cesar R M

And like they're planning to with Frozen, Tokyo actually put effort into their MI ride. Look, the figures are fully animated and the facade and queue are perfect at immersing you into the setting. Additionally, it's not a stupid book report ride, but a sequel.

Thats awesome!!!

BrerJon

If it had laser guns...

TDR's Monsters ride doesn't have guns but it does have torches that you shine on objects and they make creatures pop out of hiding places and do things (a bit like the interactive wands at Diagon Alley, or when you hit a target on Buzz Lightyear), it's not as competitive as Buzz or TSM but makes it more fun than a regular dark ride.

Maybe Frozen will have some kind of interaction too, possibly Elsa gives guests an ice wand they point at objects which freezes them or something.

BigTxEars

The queue is actually a good thing to bring up. If that rumor is true and they'll be completely redoing it and making the current unload area a combination load/unload area and the current load area will be a new show scene that's even more money from the budget. Add in whatever is done to the rest of the pavilion and $75M is going to go quickly. Since it seems they were dead set on doing this they could've at least gone for a much bigger budget. It would still sting EPCOT Center fans just the same but at least the ride wouldn't have been cheap.

Come on be honest....$150 million and you would find reason to doubt this ride :)

Like I said I would take a equal ride with a better queue and call it a win.

Mike S

Come on be honest....$150 million and you would find reason to doubt this ride :)

Like I said I would take a equal ride with a better queue and call it a win.
I addressed that in my last line. I still would've hated the decision and placement but at least I would know the ride wouldn't just be some cheap replacement. As a comparison I would feel that same way if the Ratatouille ride (exactly as it is in WDSP) was announced for the France pavilion. I could argue the placement but I wouldn't be able to say it's just a cheap decision.

BigTxEars

I addressed that in my last line. I still would've hated the decision and placement but at least I would know the ride wouldn't just be some cheap replacement. As a comparison I would feel that same way if the Ratatouille ride (exactly as it is in WDSP) was announced for the France pavilion. I could argue the placement but I wouldn't be able to say it's just a cheap decision.

I guess time will tell, still optimistic on this end.

BrerJon

'Frozen Sing-along Sail-along' will very likely become the most popular attraction in Epcot, so if they start to find the money running dry halfway through construction, Shanghai style, I'm sure it won't take much for the board to approve a financial top-up.

BigTxEars

Can't really separate the two. The theme doesn't fit were it is being put which makes it a net loss for the park. It would sort of be like putting Star Tours in Animal Kingdom.

Frozen fits in Norway just fine IMO so that does not concern me when talking about the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom