Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

aladdin2007

Has anyone else put dibs on the prediction that your boat will get hit with some kind of spell/freeze thing by Elsa at the backward/boat turnaround part?

If not... DIBS.

wouldnt surprise me, elsa pops up where the three headed troll is now and the same magical swirling lights overhead, and then back where the polar bear is would be that ice monster thing. question is then what

Macca250

1. Elsa sends you back.
2. While going back you see Marshmallow.
3. ???
4. Profit.
You forgot Step 5 -
china.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
wouldnt surprise me, elsa pops up where the three headed troll is now and the same magical swirling lights overhead, and then back where the polar bear is would be that ice monster thing. question is then what
What are the chances, if any, that they could/would do a little extra track work to that part of the ride (or any) to shake it up and make it feel less like your riding the old maelstrom track just with different scenes?

aladdin2007

What are the chances, if any, that they could/would do a little extra track work to that part of the ride (or any) to shake it up and make it feel less like your riding the old maelstrom track just with different scenes?

I dont think we will see track changes, but they could reconfigure/rebuild the walls and scene rooms in a way that you would not as easily recall the exact maelstrom track as it is now.

its a shame they finally got the waterfall finished and fixed only to be turned off or covered up again already. I hope they dont close up that lookout opening, they could if they wanted doncha know.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

If they do a good enough job on the show scenes it should matter that the ride layout is the same. How many people know that Dinosaur and Indiana Jones have the exact same track layout?

Mike S

If they do a good enough job on the show scenes it should matter that the ride layout is the same. How many people know that Dinosaur and Indiana Jones have the exact same track layout?
The ride isn't exactly getting an E Ticket budget though. $75M for all the changes to the pavilion not just the ride. I'm not expecting anything great from this.

Phil12

Budgets are made to be broken!

And $75 million ain't chump change even if they stay on budget.
I agree. $75 million is more than enough to gut the current ride and replace it with a quality attraction. The most expensive part will be outfitting the old boats with new laser guns so each guest will be able to shoot the plywood targets, interactive screens and reverse the frozen spell. As a tribute to the Maelstrom ride they will retain the Viking Eye as you go up the lift. Shooting the Viking Eye with your laser will score extra bonus points!

Mike S

Budgets are made to be broken!

And $75 million ain't chump change even if they stay on budget.
Watch a video of the Monsters Inc. ride in DCA which was a similar conversion with a budget of $30M (pre-existing ride system and vehicles just with a new theme). It really isn't anything special. Once again, the full $75M isn't going to the ride.

This is what I'm expecting from Frozen and I'm really not impressed.

FigmentJedi

Watch a video of the Monsters Inc. ride in DCA which was a similar conversion with a budget of $30M (pre-existing ride system and vehicles just with a new theme). It really isn't anything special. Once again, the full $75M isn't going to the ride.

This is what I'm expecting from Frozen and I'm really not impressed.

And like they're planning to with Frozen, Tokyo actually put effort into their MI ride. Look, the figures are fully animated and the facade and queue are perfect at immersing you into the setting. Additionally, it's not a stupid book report ride, but a sequel.

Mike S

And like they're planning to with Frozen, Tokyo actually put effort into their MI ride. Look, the figures are fully animated and the facade and queue are perfect at immersing you into the setting.

They did the same with Pooh too. I'm sensing a pattern here.........

TDR: "Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do Frozen better than you."
WDW: "No you can't."
TDR: "Yes I can."
WDW: "Ok you can, it would be too expensive anyway."

ETA: The trash compactor scene with Randall in Ride & Go Seek is great.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom