Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Mike S

using the characters in the manner I described would allow Disney to create that bigger Frozen attraction in a more appropriate place. Doing what they are doing now destroys that. But, hey, we all know that already.
A better way would be to just use the Frozen characters in an update of the movie at the end Circle of Life style. Then I would be able to keep my Trolls in the ride :happy:

Captain Chaos

A better way would be to just use the Frozen characters in an update of the movie at the end Circle of Life style. Then I would be able to keep my Trolls in the ride :happy:
Could still keep the trolls. Just Anna, Elsa, Olaf or whoever can inform guests about trolls in Norwegian culture, folklore.

lazyboy97o

GotG was fantastic. Well written, excellent effects and just a fun story.

I spared myself from Bay's TMNT. In fact, I've spared myself from Bay since Transformers 2.
Another hit in a string of hits for Marvel, films made and guided by fans of Marvel. Funny that understanding what fans love works so well for Marvel's movies but should be avoided at all costs when it comes to theme parks.

BigTxEars

It's not just the IP, it's going to be advertised as an EPCOT headliner, that in itself is going to draw crowds in. Right now you know Norway has a ride because it's on the park map. It's also a ride targeted specifically at kids. WS isn't a section of park targeted at children, and probably not the best spot for kids. More importantly, the location simply limits what they're capable of doing in regards to crowd control. They're sticking frozen on top of a ride and ride system that already has a lot of problems and a plot of land that does not lend itself well to large crowds. When there are large crowds at WS Maelstrom is a nightmare. When a ride is a headliner the crowds will not die. It will be a face of the park that's meant to bring people in.

They used to give guests what they didn't know they wanted. They destroyed Imagination, that's not what the fans wanted. When the fans threw a fit (instead of giving up with "business is business" that's been suggested) not accepting crap, Disney listened and returned Figment to EPCOT... even if it's still in that horrible ride.

They can give people what they want with Frozen. But do it right if you're going to do it.

Your right about the capacity to hold the crowds there, and that is why I am interested to see what crowd control plan they come up with. None of what you posted in unknown to Disney, heck they lived it already a number of times. Once at Norway with the M&G. I am thinking they might do something along the lines of no standby line at times, just some time of FP+/reservation type system. That would off a few (well more than a few!) guest I think, but it would be able to control crowds at Norway better. Or they could do something along the lines of the old hot night club crowd control, 3 peole out 3 people in the area but that seems like a more unproductive way to control the crowd.

Well crap now I am looking forward to the crowd control plans as much as the ride in a way.

The entire frozen craze caught everyone off guard, no one predicted that type of response to the movies. That in turn resulted in WDW getting their butts kicked at the M&G. I don't think want to relive that mess, I think they will do something to prevent it from occurring again. Time will tell.

Mike S

Could still keep the trolls. Just Anna, Elsa, Olaf or whoever can inform guests about trolls in Norwegian culture, folklore.
I would have to see the final product but that doesn't matter anyway since it's most definitely not how it's being done. A Mermaid style movie book report ride is coming to Norway instead, and not even as long :grumpy:

BigTxEars

GotG was fantastic. Well written, excellent effects and just a fun story.

I spared myself from Bay's TMNT. In fact, I've spared myself from Bay since Transformers 2.

TMNT was not bad, it was a good popcorn movie like most of his stuff is. I still prefer the original just because of old times though.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
TMNT was not bad, it was a good popcorn movie like most of his stuff is. I still prefer the original just because of old times though.
That's all Bay can do.

Popcorn movies.

And, that's fine. I enjoyed Independance Day and MIB, etc. Popcorn movies (not just sci fi ones) can be tons of fun.

But, that doesn't mean that you should willy nilly mess with an existing IP that would attract Gen X and Gen Y moviegoers who grew up with the stuff just "because"...

I...hate...Bay.

lazyboy97o

That's all Bay can do.

Popcorn movies.

And, that's fine. I enjoyed Independance Day and MIB, etc. Popcorn movies (not just sci fi ones) can be tons of fun.

But, that doesn't mean that you should willy nilly mess with an existing IP that would attract Gen X and Gen Y moviegoers who grew up with the stuff just "because"...

I...hate...Bay.
Independence Day and Men in Black still have some rather coherent stories (even if Steve Jobs stealing Mac OS from his home planet and escaping to earth would have been a more interesting film). I can only say Transformers: Age of Extinction was awesome because apparently the only relevant measures of quality are amount of money made and being liked by little kids.

BigTxEars

That's all Bay can do.

Popcorn movies.

I...hate...Bay.

I never go into his movie expecting to be emotional moved, and it has not happened yet. :) I can't really recall any of his characters having much depth.

But he makes a good action movie, for blowing crap up he is one of the better one IMO. And who needs character depth when you are blowing stuff up? He does get a wee bit too generous with the action sometimes, and I like action so.... :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I wouldn't say its "bad". I still can enjoy it. It could use improvements though like the ones DCA got. Compared to the ride concept video released by Disney though? Yes it is bad by comparison.
I can accept spinning cardboard cutouts in a ride.

When used once.

When you use the same danged starfish multiple times, in the same way, in the same ride, it breaks it for me.

Both versions have this issue.

It's a decent ride, I'll grant that. I'd certainly do it again. But, it rates a bit below Small World (where there is a TON to look at and nuances to enjoy) and slightly above the Magic Carpets Spinner ride.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Independence Day and Men in Black still have some rather coherent stories (even if Steve Jobs stealing Mac OS from his home planet and escaping to earth would have been a more interesting film). I can only say Transformers: Age of Extinction was awesome because apparently the only relevant measures of quality are amount of money made and being liked by little kids.
It had robots.

It had dinosaurs.

It has DINOSAUR ROBOTS!

Nuff said.

(no, not enough said, it was bad...really bad...and I don't even have to have seen it to know that it was)

I'll eventually watch it when I can get it on hulu or netflix or something, and am bored.

But, no way would I make a movie night out of it.

BigTxEars

I can accept spinning cardboard cutouts in a ride.

When used once.

When you use the same danged starfish multiple times, in the same way, in the same ride, it breaks it for me.

Both versions have this issue.

It's a decent ride, I'll grant that. I'd certainly do it again. But, it rates a bit below Small World (where there is a TON to look at and nuances to enjoy) and slightly above the Magic Carpets Spinner ride.

SW is amazing in that regard, so much going on. It's like visual Red Bull, the really big can they sell....

spacemt354

Chili's
You don't want an answer, when you get one you just discard it as irrelevant. Those links objectively (i.e. not involved in this thread art all) show the links between the movie and the country, if you don't agree with them that is fine. Like I said everyone can read them and decided for themselves. I think they show a clear link as I has posted.

I also posted it is irrelevant to me. The link between Norway and Frozen has already been made in the mind of a majority of guest going to WDW, rather it's real or percevied that is enough to place it in Norway IMO. So your answer is it belongs in Norway because a majority if guest seem to want it there and Disney wants to put it there. If they are wrong then that will come to light in time.

As soon as Disney starts putting rides and toons in real historical sites let me know and I will have to revelauate my feelings on the issue. Until then I am fine mixing my grumpy giant ducks, talking mice and overly happy snowmen together at WDW.

As far the cultural/historical items at WS I think there are more at EE at AK than at any country in WS. But maybe that is because I am stuck in line looking at them and not walking around stuffing my face with food like I am at WS :)
I don't want an answer? I've been asking you for answers for like 3 pages now!

You're the one who keeps saying the answers to my questions are irrelevant. They're only irrelevant to you because the answers deflate your argument.

And you just furthered my point. You don't realize these historical and cultural items are in world showcase because you're purposefully being oblivious to them to fuel your agenda :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom